• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Alex-B

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

That is utter tosh to use your words, because the US never got the FK2 and it was 306bhp.
  2. Alex-B

Yes, post#6 in this thread back in March I said I got better mileage from premium fuel (vpower in my case)
  3. Alex-B

BMW M2 competition

Don't miss my OG lci either, was definitely a step backwards from the M4 it replaced and even the sound wasn't that good after they did a software update to fix the blank idrive screen. Bit of a wait??? GR Yaris?
  4. Alex-B

Sort of. The US doesn't use RON ratings which is why the numbers are lower. Premium fuel is available but far less widely so they are tuned for 91 PON which is the equivalent to 95 RON in the UK.
  5. Alex-B

It will mainly affect older cars I’m led to believe. In my experience, I have genuinely got better mileage from using premium fuel over the standard, this will only be exacerbated by the reduction in efficiency of the E10 fuel. As I understand it, you won’t be able to buy 95 Ron any longer, E10...
  6. Alex-B

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

FD2. FK2 accessories are out of production i.e. the OEM carbon interior/ exterior bits so when stock is gone, it’s gone and very few made their way to Japan so not much available from there but mods are available if that’s your thing and you’ll be fine for supply of parts from Honda for some...
  7. Alex-B

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

I believe a lot of the aftermarket companies are no longer making parts for them either if you were to try and replace OEM with different/ uprated parts. Can't blame them either with the FK8 going global, only have to look at the US Civic forum and some of the builds with JDM parts are...
  8. Alex-B

Use V Power problem solved.
  9. Alex-B

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

I nearly bought a second one which was cheap but it was an absolute rust bucket when I went to view it although someone on the owners group with their blinkers on did end up buying it. I ran through the issues on it over the phone with Tom at TGM and he reckoned about 4K in remedial work which...
  10. Alex-B

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

My personal opinion, having an owned an FD2 as a daily is that I wouldn't daily one now. Enjoyed my time with it but I wouldn't go back to one. Rust on them is more of an issue now than it was then when I had mine, the ride is very firm even with the Koni rears, lack of torque makes daily drives...
  11. Alex-B

FK8 New toy

Welcome along :) I was considering an FK8 in this colour but think I’ve talked myself out of it and the car. Will you be changing the exhaust or intake?
  12. Alex-B

FK8 Collecting fk8

If you choose the message board/ forum option it puts the pics straight in :) Looks well in red. Wouldn’t worry about thieves too much, I’ve had lots of BMW’s, including many having the thief dream of keyless entry and they’ve been fine. Had two young lads on bikes steal the metal caps...
  13. Alex-B

FK8 Collecting fk8

Use this https://postimages.org/
  14. Alex-B

FK8 Collecting fk8

Pics or it didn’t happen ;)
  15. Alex-B

What's it worth? 2005 JDM Type R - 35,000 miles

You don't name the dealer but Torque GT/ BHP Imports/ JM Imports may be a good place to start. Collecting Cars can be a bit of a faff from what I have seen elsewhere and it's certainly not the first place most people will look or have even heard of. PH/ Ebay probably a better bet although you...
  16. Alex-B

Recommended Immobiliser

For the cost and aggro of all these fancy solutions, i'd go old school disklok and get some GAP/RTI cover from ALA.
  17. Alex-B

370z Nismo

I like these a lot :cool:
  18. Alex-B

FK8 Which FK8 - Pre-Facelift vs Facelift?

Sounds better because of the fake noise coming through the speakers no doubt ;)
  19. Alex-B

FK8 Not many brand new FK8s left apparently - just ordered mine

Seems to be a few facelift cars in stock at dealers on AT so not sure why they said none in the network. Grey with £1,375 off Black with £1,370 off Black with £1,200 off Red with £470 off Blue with no discount Guessing with a June delivery it'll be one of the last cars off the line at Swindon?
  20. Alex-B

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Nothing, on the hunt ;)
  21. Alex-B

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Very bored of nardo grey cars
  22. Alex-B

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

BMW manuals are woeful, never have understood the fascination. DCT suits the character of the cars better. I worked in sales at Honda before going to BMW, most of the cars had £1500 or less profit in them at Honda so you’ll do well to get anything off tbh.
  23. Alex-B

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Genuinely didn’t think my E92 M3 was a good car tbh and especially when you compare it to modern turbo hatches it is slow. Only plus points for me were the intake noise and steering feel. I briefly owned an FK2 and it would have trounced the E92 imo. Same torque figure, lower in the rev range...
  24. Alex-B

BMW M2 competition

I’ve had a few M cars and then went on to work in sales for BMW. Never ever heard of this bullshit you speak of. New cars are delivered generally with 5-20 miles on the clock dependent on location as some dealerships have compounds away from the actual showroom. 1200 mile running in service has...
  25. Alex-B

T.G's Purple Pearl FD2.

Looks awesome!
  26. Alex-B

My FD2 2008

Mugen is the best splitter for them IMO, I had it on mine. I'd take it off, shouldn't leave a mark but wouldn't cost much to sort of it did.
  27. Alex-B

Mike's Championship White Civic FD2 Type R

Was this the one that was for sale in Sittingbourne? Does it really have DC5 mats if so?
  28. Alex-B

My FD2 2008

It's a Mugen splitter with a FEEL'S sticker I'm afraid. You have J's Racing air duct surrounds too. Ohlins seems to be the way forward going by what a couple of owners have said. Failing that, you could source some standard front shocks and Koni yellow rears.
  29. Alex-B

Braided hose advise..

Mine came with Do Luck hoses fitted (HEL rebranded) which had cracked and split. I ordered some replacement APP lines from Japan and when Tom removed the Do Luck hoses, the hard lines had been bent to try and make them fit. The APP were far better quality and fitted perfectly.
  30. Alex-B

Braided hose advise..

FD2 as well
  31. Alex-B

T.G's Purple Pearl FD2.

It's a great colour congrats. A couple of different pics I have saved from when I had my FD2 that I found of the purple ones Deep Violet Pearl is the actual colour name ;)
  32. Alex-B

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

You'll regret it IMO, I still miss mine.
  33. Alex-B

FD2 FD2 Type R English Owner's Manual

I had one for the Hybrid with mine, fuses etc were all the same.
  34. Alex-B

Ask jonster on FD2O but there is a mod you can do to the silencer to improve the sound and power from the Kakimoto. The blue tip should look good on the car, I know my FEEL'S did.
  35. Alex-B

Definitely get the CAI fitted, great mod but fitting it on my driveway was a pain.
  36. Alex-B

Any updates on this? How you getting on with the CAI?
  37. Alex-B

Glad to see you bought it. I miss mine a lot. I didn't like the gauges on this one, are you moving them or leaving them as is? Skunk2 CAI is what you need for an intake. My Seeker kit was great but nothing on sound and performance of the Skunk2. Cheaper too even with a bottle of new coolant.
  38. Alex-B

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

The oil pickup pipe cracking was the last straw. I'll be sticking with Honda for the forseeable future.
  39. Alex-B

Best move you'll make tbh. How did you get on with the blue FD2?
  40. Alex-B

What springs have the best 35mm drop

You will need camber bolts and arms to lower it properly. Budget around £500 to do it. Where are you based?
  41. Alex-B

Jdm recaros

The handle is less than £7 to buy and there's one in each side so it's not like it's unuseable. You have to travel if you want rare parts. I've done long trips in the past. He does say you can have paisley freight collect them. £32.50 for 2 front car seats to be delivered is a bargain.
  42. Alex-B

Alex's Hawkeye Impreza STi

Starting to collect parts now to get this to where I want it to be. A couple of weeks back I acquired a set of RB320 suspension comprising of Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs both produced to Prodrive spec. The rear shocks need some recall work doing at Bilstein and will get them fitted when...
  43. Alex-B

No worries. Did you notice any change going from 18" to 17" wheels?
  44. Alex-B

Couldn't tell you the brand but it's whatever TGM had, I didn't supply my own. I think Subaru specify 75/90 fully synthetic.
  45. Alex-B

Had the car serviced at TGM last week, engine oil and filter changed, gearbox oil changed and rear diff oil changed. Feels so much better now. Also had some polybushes fitted to the rear diff mount and rear subframe. The bushes on this car are unbelievably soft, the diff mount ones came out...
  46. Alex-B

Recaros

I had the all red from a 30th anni in my EP3 but i'd probably choose the black and red prem seats as they hide marks a lot better. Lower seat rails are a must, the driving position is far better with them fitted.
  47. Alex-B

will this work...

Don't even waste your time with a decat if you're not going to get a k100/kpro. You won't really notice much of a difference it'll just sound like you're going faster.
  48. Alex-B

will this work...

Yes
  49. Alex-B

Paint or powdercoat my wheels??

Powdercoat IMO.
  50. Alex-B

MilanoChris' Evo IX

Saw this today at TGM, lovely colour in person.
  51. Alex-B

Have you tried one of the breakers on Scoobynet? They should be able to sort you some caps out I would have thought.
  52. Alex-B

I think the scoop is based on the earlier saloons, it looks to be a similar size to the one my friend had on his blobeye STi. Agreed about the first two gears. I dare say 0-60 is in the 4 second range. This has a Sachs racing clutch so needs a few revs to get it going. We have some shocking...
  53. Alex-B

The Seibon bonnet looked better than I thought it would when I went to see it but not my thing at all. Hoping I can sell it but we'll see. The scoop on the OEM is a lot better proportioned.
  54. Alex-B

Quick on the speedo but doesn't really feel it. My old GT Four felt quicker but I did fit a solid rear diff mount to that. Previous owner told me he fitted the dump valve after it had been remapped so it'll probably run better when I've binned that off. Very soft suspension wise, like driving a...
  55. Alex-B

Sold the FD2 a couple of weeks back to free up some monies. I had enough change left over to buy this. MY06 Hawkeye STi in Crystal Grey (best colour IMO) The early 2.5 litre engine has a habit of going pop due to bad head gaskets and cast instead of forged pistons. Luckily mine has a forged...
  56. Alex-B

please help DC5 insurance

Greenlight
  57. Alex-B

My FD2

Thanks :) I've had no reply from Mase so will get Romain to map it in the new year. Should be pretty well sorted then.
  58. Alex-B

My FD2

A couple of weeks back I sold the single Recaro Profi SPG XL I won on ebay as i'd sourced a pair which included the aluminium side mounts. I'd already ordered a Bride FO type seat rail which turned up yesterday (big thumbs up to Matt at Injection Imports as usual). Because of the width of the...
  59. Alex-B

DC2 DB8 DC5 Finally at TGM!

220ps is 217bhp and that's on the jungle juice the Japs have. I wouldn't be overly hung up on figures, it's how it drives that matters. Eurospecs dyno is known for giving realistic figures.
  60. Alex-B

Gruppe M Best Place To Buy?

Try Matt at Injection Imports on here. They were over £1k at one point so anything less is cheap tbh.
  61. Alex-B

My FD2

Date? Pm if you prefer
  62. Alex-B

My FD2

Are you booked in for a Saturday with the Teg?
  63. Alex-B

My FD2

I thought the same when I saw your name in the book for tomorrow! :lol: No doubt i'll be back again soon for something or other.
  64. Alex-B

My FD2

Had a busy week of parts deliveries :roll: After seeing someone on the FD2 forum had managed to have a 3.5" Hybrid Racing intake from the US fitted and was impressed with the results, I thought i'd give the Skunk2 CAI a whirl. Absolute PITA to install and needed extra parts to fit it as...
  65. Alex-B

Engine mount insert choices / kits for ep3

TGM should have the engine ones, send them a pm on here or call them. I think my gearbox one came from Funky Power but anywhere that sells powerflex products should be able to supply one.
  66. Alex-B

Powerflex only do the gearbox mount, Energy suspension do the engine mount inserts. Will you want them fitted as well or are you doing them yourself?
  67. Alex-B

HKS silent hi power v Mugen twin loop

Go for a FEEL'S half Ti. Mine had a great tone and it wasn't stupidly loud which is exactly the reason I have one on my FD2.
  68. Alex-B

Premier tinted windows

I had 75% done when I had my EP3 and it was pretty spot on tbh.
  69. Alex-B

MilanoChris' Evo IX

I've had 4 Michelin Pilot Supersports fitted on the FD2 and they've outperformed the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 that were fitted in every way so far. £50 fuel voucher from Michelin as well.
  70. Alex-B

My FD2

It's a Recaro Profi SPG XL. I tried a Pole Position a few nonths back which I prefer appearance wise but felt it lacked supportfor someone my size.
  71. Alex-B

My FD2

Everything has a price ;) I won a Recaro bucket on evil bay at the weekend so hopefully ordering a Bride rail this week to allow me to fit that. Will keep an eye out for another for the passenger side, narrowly missed one last week.
  72. Alex-B

FINALLY!! My facelift Milano EP3!

They are a PITA to fit but well worth the effort :)
  73. Alex-B

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

Looks great, nice work :)
  74. Alex-B

My FD2

Fitted my Cusco ARB's from the group buy as my new Hardrace droplinks finally turned up. Better and far cheaper than OEM, hardened rubber and no silly allen key holes to stop the shaft spinning whilst tightening the nut. Stock: 26mm front, 21mm rear Cusco: 28mm front, 23mm rear Rear...
  75. Alex-B

My FD2

That's how it came :) They're meant to match the colour of the car, and Seeker have now offered the other colours since I bought mine. I have seen a pic of a vivid blue one and it looks ok but I prefer the white tbh.
  76. Alex-B

They should just push in. Don't trim the gearbox one so it sits flush either, a lot of people do that but Powerflex say it's like that for a reason, I can't find the post explaining why now thought atm.
  77. Alex-B

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Too many doors for a hot hatch IMO.
  78. Alex-B

My FD2

Well after a lot of messing about I managed to get my cam cover and plug cover fitted, both painted by Bren, plug cover supplied by Mudgey. I was going to go for the rising sun but you can't really see the cover as much as you can on the EP3/DC5 so would have been a waste. Had both done in...
  79. Alex-B

Jperformance Spoon n1 replica problems

Btw, if you check CTRO, seems a lot of people have to bend the hanger to bring it away from the car as someone else has mentioned it knocking on the underside. FEEL'S FTW though
  80. Alex-B

Jperformance Spoon n1 replica problems

You could probably buy a decent used JDM catback for the price of a new N1. Have a look around when you have the money on here and CTRO. A rage post on a forum won't really get you anywhere either, have you contacted trading standards yet?
  81. Alex-B

Rocker cover gasket

Pretty sure Hondabond is the recommended stuff. The gasket itself should be fine.
  82. Alex-B

My FD2

Got to give it to them for trying I guess :lol: You Welshies have some strange words :lol: I doubt it's normal though!
  83. Alex-B

My FD2

Thanks :) really happy with how they turned out and how they look on the car. I don't think anthracite would have had the same effect.
  84. Alex-B

My FD2

Picked up my wheels today. The guys at Inspraytion have done a fantastic job, really happy with how they've turned out. Not sure how these pics will look on a pc but it's meant to be a matt finish Rays bronze colour. Japanglish on the center caps
  85. Alex-B

My FD2

If I got the carbon one i'd have to have the FEEL'S spoiler blade in carbon to match. Vicious circle! Ah no way! How'd you manage that?! Hope the colour matches. Yeah, looking forward to getting them on. Was hoping to get down there today but work has been mental this week.
  86. Alex-B

My FD2

Would need to get the FRP one painted though. It's fine for the badge base on the grille but would need smoothing and spraying for something as large as the diffuser. Getting my 5zigen wheels back from refurb tomorrow and a cam cover from Bren should be here early next week which is two untidy...
  87. Alex-B

My FD2

I'll probably be there back end of August if these ARB's are here in time. Dual exit FEEL'S with diffuser to match is about the same as the header I want. Decisions decisions :lol:
  88. Alex-B

My FD2

Yeah we're talking about the same kit. I might try some Endless pads up front when it's time to change.
  89. Alex-B

My FD2

Watch the vids and see what you think
  90. Alex-B

MilanoChris' Evo IX

Looks well, really like the colour of this :)
  91. Alex-B

My FD2

Who said it's loud? The GT1 version is loud as you can remove the middle silencer and bolt in a straight pipe that comes with the kit. The standard dual isn't loud at all from the Mugen RR vid on youtube. The owner has had both and you can tell the difference in sound. Normal...
  92. Alex-B

My FD2

I'd buy the twin exit FEEL'S if I was going for the diffuser ;) I have a cam cover being done by Bren atm, opted in to the Cusco ARB's group buy on the FD2 forum, wheels should be done next week I hope then it's saving for a header.
  93. Alex-B

My FD2

Thanks mate, as long as you're not right up close they look fine tbh. Keep them so I can buy your Mu kit when you sell up ;)
  94. Alex-B

My FD2

All done now, far from perfect but good enough for now. The rears came out a bit darker but look ok. Need some new discs and pads on the rear soon.
  95. Alex-B

My FD2

I'll get some when i've done the rears. And stickered them up. It should all tie in nicely when the new wheels are on. Do you mean the gold/titanium colour calipers they have on their race FD2? I did ask but i'm not entirely sure I need uprated calipers now, they feel a lot better since I...
  96. Alex-B

My FD2

Only problem I can see with that vid is it's a non Type R so all the components they attatch to may not line up. I know the steering knuckle is different. It makes me wonder if the Spoon calipers aren't suitable for the 320mm disc on the FD2. Here's how they look now
  97. Alex-B

My FD2

They look ok this morning when I had a quick look. Look a bit odd without the Brembo logo though. I cleaned up the sliders as well and the brakes feel a bit sharper. I'll be interested to see if they can take the heat. Yeah I rubbed them down, degreased them etc.
  98. Alex-B

My FD2

Parts for my wheels due next week so I thought I should give my front calipers some attention as they'd look terrible behind freshly powdercoated wheels. Not only that, I think the red calipers would clash with the blue nuts. I looked at various options including trying to fit FN2 Spoon...
  99. Alex-B

Superpro Lower Arm Bushes

As above, I had the full Superpro kit on my EP3 with caster increase bushes. Gave a lot more feel for what the front end was actually doing.
  100. Alex-B

eBay coilover won't fit PICTURE/LINK

Why coilovers? Not needed for road use at all and many have gone from coilovers to normal shocks and lowering springs and found the car handles better. You'd be looking at £1k minimum for 'decent' coilovers.
Back