• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Ash4Lotte

dc sports bung

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i might be getting a dc sports exhaust and was wandering how effective the bung actually is?? the only thing i am concerned at is motorway driving, so does it cure drone?? anybody able to make a comparison video, would be much appreciated :D
  2. Ash4Lotte

Ep3 annoying rattle when starting - help please

Cheers for the advice, this was quite a while ago and the car has been fixed for some time now :P It turned out to be the chain rattling against the guides or a faulty tensioner, either way its all fixed now :D
  3. Ash4Lotte

Japspeed 4-2-1 Decat Sound... Not sure if its right? Video

mines off at the moment as i had my mot last week, when i put it back on, i think i will cake some paste on it as well, not sure if its designed to have that sound or not :S
  4. Ash4Lotte

Pre-facelift to Facelift Headlight Conversion

Lol the indicator plugs were a massive ballache, i only found 1 in the rear passenger side of a 97 corsa, then found the other in another corsa, good luck
  5. Ash4Lotte

you will also need the indicator plugs, i cant remember about the hid kit, as i added mine after regular hb3 bulbs, but that should do you :D
  6. Ash4Lotte

ah fair enough, good luck with the swap!
  7. Ash4Lotte

from what i remember, i only went to honda for the indicator bulb holders and that was it
  8. Ash4Lotte

i guess you could, but at the time i thought this was the only way howie1987 yea they look good to me, but trust me, you will find hb3 connectors in the scrappy, loads of cars use them especially bmw's lucas1987 yea they are right, but again scrappy could be a cheaper option??
  9. Ash4Lotte

Japspeed 4-2-1 Decat Sound... Not sure if its right? Video

Alright guys, i know a lot of you will have headers, but i have never had a 4-2-1 manifold before, and certainly never had a decat before, and im not sure if this is normal.. i have a japspeed 4-2-1 manifold, unsilenced bpipe and magnex oval, and did the swap a week ago, did not use a new...
  10. Ash4Lotte

"Gunmetal" OEM wheels on my EP3

any advice on the refurb?? as i mite be doing the same soon :)
  11. Ash4Lotte

Please help.. clutch issue

Right, where to start... basically today as i returned to my car, the clutch wouldn't work... the pedal went really soft and easy to push (and when pressed in, took its time returning back to position, and i just couldn't get the car in gear ?? It lasted for about 5-10 mins, and then after...
  12. Ash4Lotte

Good budget exhaust set up?

personally, i wouldn't have thought there would be much difference in sound, but they might weigh different. Just make sure you find the right diameter as theres a lot of 2" and 2.25" b-pipes out there, especially scorpion and supersprint or unbranded :)
  13. Ash4Lotte

i'm not sure if were allowed to post ebay links, but if you type in "civic type r tube" there are a few there, ones currently 20 pounds for a 2.5" sportex b-pipe :) also search "civic type r b-pipe" and theres one there as well :) they will keep popping up on ebay just got to have an eye out ;)
  14. Ash4Lotte

and the comparison video as promised :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6lNwDw-ls&feature=youtu.be setup was exactly the same, but with the magnex oval backbox, nice sportier tone!
  15. Ash4Lotte

Brand new i dont think theres much in it, but theres loads that pop up on ebay :) And at half the price there just as good :D
  16. Ash4Lotte

ahh fair enough, i got mine off ebay for 40 pounds :) money well spent !!
  17. Ash4Lotte

both parts of the video are the same setup, oem manifold - oem cat - un-silenced bpipe - oem backbox, the raspyness from it when you belt it is really addictive :) and i dont know if i mentioned it, but its made by r8byb off here :)
  18. Ash4Lotte

i've literally just put a magnex oval onto it today :( so sorry can't do a fly by, but this video is pretty much what mine sounded like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOvqW_zN10 in my opinion, it is the perfect setup as driving daily below 4k with windows closed was just like oem, if you have...
  19. Ash4Lotte

Ash's Milano Ep3 build thread..Alloy respray pg 4 :D

hehe well it won't be to everyones taste, each to their own, but im really happy with them and thats all that counts :D also got a tegiwa sfs hose to chuck on tomorrow :)
  20. Ash4Lotte

Little update.. Made a video of just my un-silenced b-pipe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOlBe6YZ3sw Not the best of videos, but captures some of its rasp :) Just bought a magnex oval, so going to make a video of the magnex to compare when the rain clears up :) Waiting for my japspeed...
  21. Ash4Lotte

un-silenced for the win :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOlBe6YZ3sw although i did add a magnex oval on today and it sounds beast !
  22. Ash4Lotte

Full exhaust...??

I would listen to these guys ^^^^ a decat will benefit mostly after a map, until then there will be next to no gains and surely can't be good for the engine ;) im sure i have read that you can use a spacer for the sensor or an o2 simulator but there a little bit more expensive...
  23. Ash4Lotte

problem after fitting manifold and decat

ahh thats ok then :D
  24. Ash4Lotte

haha! what are you running?? see what i mean, half of the people are saying a 4-2-1 will change a car from silent-ish to ridiculously unbearable and some are saying it barely makes a difference :S
  25. Ash4Lotte

yea thats what i thought, but i've also been told that the manifold, cat, b-pipe and backbox are the most restrictive parts to a CTR so wasn't sure if swapping unsilenced for a silenced would alter anything and require a new map :S to be honest, my last car a peugeot 206 had a massive backbox...
  26. Ash4Lotte

hmmm, might have to get the silenced b-pipe if its too loud :( anyone know if, i had a map done for 4-2-1 , unsilenced bpipe and backbox, would i need a new map if i were to simply swap the unsilenced for a silenced?? if i were to get the same diameter pipe??
  27. Ash4Lotte

How much extra noise will a header produce?? at the moment im running unsilenced b-pipe with magnex oval and its perfect. I don't mind the odd noise increase but not keen on motorway drone. From what i've read, some people have said their header gave a minute noise increase whilst others have...
  28. Ash4Lotte

Looking for a part number and part?

if you know where abouts on the motor it is, try Honda Original Parts, http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_select_REG_c23.php Ebay seems to be great for original honda parts :)...
  29. Ash4Lotte

Any young CTR drivers?

im 21, 1 no claims year, 1 accident (50/50 responsibility), 4 years driving, ep3 ctr - £874 :)
  30. Ash4Lotte

Had Accident Need Insurance Advice Please.

yea, most insurance companies will take ages to finalize, sounds like 3 car'd crash might take a fair few months to sort :/ sorry bud
  31. Ash4Lotte

hehe, first thing i will do when i reach 4 years is protect it :P im surrounded by incompetent drivers!
  32. Ash4Lotte

could you not have protected your no claims, most insurance companies will protect it if you have 4-5 years no claims. My insurance told me that with every claim, you loose 2 no claims years, so that sounds about right. I was in a side road pulling out onto a main road, the last car in the que...
  33. Ash4Lotte

I would personally play the dumb card, saying you bought it like it and were none the wiser that it was an after-market exhaust (if you can't swap it in the mean time), have you got protected no claims?? going to a 50/50 will loose your excess and no claims :( happened to me 2 years ago :'(
  34. Ash4Lotte

How are young drivers getting insurance so cheap?!?!

wow, mine seemed to increase from one week to the next, so when i wanted my quote from a few weeks before, i had to go searching through emails to find the quote number
  35. Ash4Lotte

wow i'd love to have a civic at 12 years old :P make sure you save the quote, you don't want to loose that bad boy !
  36. Ash4Lotte

;) hope you find some good quotes!!
  37. Ash4Lotte

Ash's Milano Ep3 build thread..Alloy respray pg 2 :D Alloys just been resprayed :D well happy with the results: And added some Honda badges: :)
  38. Ash4Lotte

also, when using comparison websites, never go through the compare website because they chuck a premium on top so they get some money out of it, if you first go through the compare website, find the cheapest, and then go to their website using the exact same info, it will be even cheaper :)
  39. Ash4Lotte

im with elephant, but they're part of the admiral crowd :) for me, admiral, swift and elephant have always been the cheapest, and as of yet for my ctr, i have paid 1 year of £1300 (2011, 0 no claims, 1 accident, driving 3 years and 2 named drivers) and this year which is £874 (2012, 1 no claims...
  40. Ash4Lotte

yea really cheap :) considering it was 1800 before i added my mum and dad :P of course location, job and where it's kept is important but using them as named drivers gave me a wopping discount, and so have friends/family that have done the same :)
  41. Ash4Lotte

You've got it all wrong mate, you dont make your parent a main driver and you a named, that would be void, and also you wouldn't build up any no claims. You need to make a policy in your own name, and put your parents as named drivers. Insurance companies then see this as you are not driving it...
  42. Ash4Lotte

Chase's Milano Prem Still not SOLD ! new plans

i have no clue! i bought them off ebay, from a guy that had a type r, and i had some 205/45/17's ready to put on, but when i got to the garage they were like theres no way there fitting on there because there 225's. i was quite surprised because i thought all oem were 205, so i have no idea...
  43. Ash4Lotte

hey chase, heres some pictures of my matte black wheels :D Before and some afters:
  44. Ash4Lotte

i will post on monday mate cause mine are being sprayed on the weekend :) i prefer matte black, gloss seems too shiny for me :P
  45. Ash4Lotte

matte black :D
  46. Ash4Lotte

Just the wiring which is different :D
  47. Ash4Lotte

well honda advise you to replace it each time, but its normally ok to re-use it once, plus honda replaced my chain and tensioner not so long ago, so it should still be fresh. Mine was sealed and glued to the cover, so i just left it on there :) have checked it yesterday and today and no oil...
  48. Ash4Lotte

lol well took about 10 minutes to remove.. not hard at all, as long as you have a good socket and wrench it will take 5-10 minutes. I labelled my coil packs so i could put them back in the same place they were removed. I also took a couple of pictures to note which nuts went where. The only hard...
  49. Ash4Lotte

It's been a while since i last spent anything on my car :( Instead of spending money, i thought i'd use some paint from around the house and do some nice free modding :D Some pics: Althought it doesn't look bad, in the flesh it was badly scuffed/dirty
  50. Ash4Lotte

Why replace it ? :O Your type r was amazing !
  51. Ash4Lotte

ok :) cheers for the advice, will need to find someone ready for when i kpro ;)
  52. Ash4Lotte

Did the police not notice there was no cat?? And come mot time should i literally go and ask each mot tester if they can turn a blind eye to emissions??
  53. Ash4Lotte

cheers for the help, when it comes to mot time, i will have to browse around a few and ask around to see if anyone will pass it on emissions. as to being pulled over, *touchwood* i very very rarely get pulled over, but i live in a very boy racer town and have been pulled a couple of times for...
  54. Ash4Lotte

EP3 Rattle near 2k rpm

any chance of a video at all?? would be useful if we can hear what your hearing :)
  55. Ash4Lotte

i know its been like 4 months since the last post, but i was just wandering what you guys did when it comes to mot time. I've asked this to other people on the forum but haven't got a decent answer, do you remove your manifold for the mot? is it relatively simple? and what about if you get...
  56. Ash4Lotte

EP3 Rattle near 2k rpm

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?76083-The-Dreaded-Rattle...In-Neutral-and-low-revs-Video-on-Page-2-*-NOW-FIXED-*-Page-2/page2 The video is half way down, mine started out only rattling with the throttle but after a few months it started doing it whilst idle which is when i shot...
  57. Ash4Lotte

EP3 Rattle near 2k rpm

Check out my profile gloom, i have a video of my rattle and what it was, may or may not help you :)
  58. Ash4Lotte

I basically followed this: http://www.k-series.com/content.php?768-ES-Mounts-Install-on-an-EP3-Civic-Si-SiR I also did this on my drive and took a few hours :p
  59. Ash4Lotte

Timing chain replacement

i only had mine done at 105k miles because my tensioner had gone giving it one hell of a rattle :D
  60. Ash4Lotte

EP3 Rattle near 2k rpm

dunno if it helps, but check my profile, i've got a video of my rattle which turned out to be my chain tensioner. For me, although it seemed the rattle quietened after 2k revs, it was actually still there just the engine noise drowned it out more. But have a listen to my video, might help you...
  61. Ash4Lotte

ITG Maxogen instead of Gruppe M/Tegiwa

beautiful, did you get the cold air feed nicely down the hole ??
  62. Ash4Lotte

oil leak - drivers side

i would try 'honda original parts', just type in your reg and should have some engine diagrams. Im not a mechanic so can't help your problem but does your sump look normal?? not dented or split??
  63. Ash4Lotte

im not sure if it's any better, just its away from engine heat, the flaw with mine is that my feed doesn't quite reach into the hole, but stops just before, im trying to find better ways to get a better feed with this kit and that is where this kit is not necessarily the best in my opinion...
  64. Ash4Lotte

really?? but with a lighter flywheel and faster 0-60 times i thought it was higher break :S also a thing to remember is just by adding an intake you wont add much if fact adding any other mods wont really add you much without kpro thats when the gains can really be seen :D
  65. Ash4Lotte

yea mine is going past the battery and down to the wheel arch, but the feed pipe they give you is not very long, and just points at the hole of the wheel arch and because the pipe is one of those coiled pipe things, i have to keep pushing it back into the hole cause it recoils. Mine is also...
  66. Ash4Lotte

well i dont know, every car is different, i had old oil and spark plugs which may or may not have contributed, but also mine is a prefacelift with 197 standard, the facelift is i believe 201 or something like that, but like i said every car is different, there are others with higher gains with...
  67. Ash4Lotte

Thought i would just add my opinion, i have the itg maxogen intake and also can't fault it. I had a dyno run the other week and pulled a 199.3 (197 standard) and considering mine is almost 10 years old and high milage, its not done to bad (car is standard apart from intake and b-pipe). The noise...
  68. Ash4Lotte

Timing chain+cost plus labour to fit new one?

however changes from dealer to dealer ;) just remember to never buy parts from them cause you can get it much cheaper elsewhere
  69. Ash4Lotte

Timing chain+cost plus labour to fit new one?

i have changed my chain about 3 months ago, i only changed it because my chain tensioner was faulty and made a loud rattle. The only time you will ever need to change it is if you have a problem like the tensioner or a slipping chain. As long as you keep the oil level right and change it often...
  70. Ash4Lotte

Kpro/k100

i know i've asked this question in another section but couldn't quite get an answer, if for example i have kpro with header, intake, exhaust, etc. Now after having a remap would that allow it to pass the mot? if not then it would obviously be a case of chucking the oem manifold and cat back on...
  71. Ash4Lotte

New Mani+decat and HKS Hi-Power exhaust fitted, Engine Management Light on?

I have a question, when it comes to the mot will the kpro stabilize the emissions for it to pass, or is it a case of removing the header and chucking the oem manifold + cat back on? if thats the case, then is it an easy task and also if you do have to put the oem back on, wouldn't that mean you...
  72. Ash4Lotte

Kpro/k100

i know this is quite a late post, but theres a chart off of the eurospec website where they compared a stock ep3 and stock ep3 with k100: as everyones said, midrange difference is massive and well worth it
  73. Ash4Lotte

Odd rumble when exhaust gets drenched!

well it worked a treat for me, before the blanket i found that it would rattle after vtec'in, motorway driving, rain or if i've been driving for over 30 mins. With the fire blanket, the only time i ever hear it is when im doing over 80 mph which makes the cabin feel a bit loud but no rattle :D
  74. Ash4Lotte

May i suggest fire blankets :D same job but 15 pounds cheaper :)
  75. Ash4Lotte

Well my plan was to get the tdi manifold, remap and inlet manifold altogether as running a decat without a remap is bad for the engine, and 199hp with my mods may not be the same for someone else, my cars an 02 plate with close to 95k miles so shes still holding up well. I could get the remap...
  76. Ash4Lotte

Not sure if this is useful to anyone, but i bought a fire blanket and wrapped the b-pipe on the part that had no clearance and it has completely removed all rattling and knocking. gear changes, motorway driving, gunning it, all is completely smooth and noise free :D
  77. Ash4Lotte

**************** Update 3 ***************** only a couple of new mods.. Energy mount inserts :D Ditched the torque damper, was too much hassel adjusting settings and the rattling driving me nuts after 3 weeks with the inserts, i've found them 100 times better than the damper, all the...
  78. Ash4Lotte

Just changing B-pipe

agreed :D if you want any videos or info just ask :)
  79. Ash4Lotte

Just changing B-pipe

i've only recently gone for an unsilenced b-pipe, and although it feels a tad more responsive, i pulled 199 on a rolling road yesterday, so without a remap there will be next to no gains :/ the sound however is another story, perfect rasp :D
  80. Ash4Lotte

CTR EP3 mods

well said, also if your going for these mods it would be wise to set the car up a little better, possibly energy inserts, strut brace, lowering and fast road settups are things to consider :D there really is loads you can do so maybe have a little read up on what other people have done :cool:
  81. Ash4Lotte

CTR EP3 mods

well the general route people normally take is: - intake - exhaust (backbox, b-pipe) - sports header with decat/sports cat - then k100 or kpro (remap ecu) to be honest prices vary on each, but the kpro and header will probably cost the most then you can go a little further at a cost, like...
  82. Ash4Lotte

Front Strut Bar and Engine Torque Damper

lol, yea well i did the same, went for the etd first, theres normally a few on ebay that turn up every 2 weeks (theres tegiwa ones for 60 quid right now)
  83. Ash4Lotte

fair enough, well i fitted my inserts, it wasn't that hard although a lot more involving than the etd, i've also had both and with my car it seemed the other way round :( etd rattled a lot especially with low revs and my inserts (i have both on) really aren't as rattly as what everyone makes out...
  84. Ash4Lotte

would you not prefer energy inserts?? does the same job 1000 times better :)
  85. Ash4Lotte

tappet adjustment

theres a guide on here if your handy with a ratchet :D
  86. Ash4Lotte

no one tried any exhaust wrap or something like that??
  87. Ash4Lotte

My dash board lights and rear lights don't work

my guess would be in the little compartment underneath the steering wheel, check the manual to find out which fuses to check ;)
  88. Ash4Lotte

:D awesome, next time different mot tester ;)
  89. Ash4Lotte

:O thats a shock, mine were 10k and still passed :S my examiner just said that its not about the colour or brightness (obviously not too bright), but about the height properly adjusted to stop dazzling oncoming traffic :S can you not just ask them to adjust the height and turn a blind eye to the...
  90. Ash4Lotte

Just treated myself to a supersprint b-pipe as well, i also have a slight knocking mostly noticeable when changing down gear, would there be any sort of heat resistant spongy material that could possibly cushion the pipe at all?? anyone tried anything ??
  91. Ash4Lotte

BMC CDA Indution Kit Type R EP3 2005

Fair enough, cheers for the read out, now ditched the bmc for an itg maxogen :D
  92. Ash4Lotte

hmm, sounds like there might be dodgy wiring somewhere?? i honestly don't know, i know when i did mine, i first wired up normal lights for around 3 weeks, and then i bought the HID kit, but that definitely sounds like some things wrong in the wiring. Like i said, first thing i would try is a...
  93. Ash4Lotte

Hey, well mine was just a cheapie off ebay, i think i paid 15 quid for it :P What kind of flickering is it?? When you turn them on? first few minutes? describe it and have you tried swapping the ballasts over to the opposite sides? did it change anything? if its the same side flickering after...
  94. Ash4Lotte

Louis's Honda Milano Red Civic Type R EP3

i love it :D can i ask what lowering springs you used and if you had any problems or noises with them?? also it would look better de-rear-wipered :D
  95. Ash4Lotte

HID Questions

i have facelift projector headlights, and i've got the h1 HID kit. Theres no need to HID the full beam (HB3) so just H1 is needed :D Facelift - H1 dipped, HB3 full beam preface - H4 one bulb hi/low
  96. Ash4Lotte

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

have a little look at my started threads, i have one thread about my rattle with a video and what it was :D might be helpful if your rattle sounds roughly the same
  97. Ash4Lotte

Timing Chain and Tensioner problem

i've just had my chain, guides and tensioner replaced and completely got rid of my rattle. If you look at my started threads, i've got a video of my rattle, at first it was just about audible and then got increasingly louder... In the end my tensioner was shot and costed around 290 quid but was...
  98. Ash4Lotte

Yea mine was a few weeks ago, passed but they just needed aligning :D i was a bit worried to but they told me theyre fine as long as the positioning is correct
  99. Ash4Lotte

Also forgot to mention, i didn't buy sidelight holders, i bodged it :D basically if yours are the same as mine, i have a black holder which has a small donut rubber ring around it. I found that if i got a flat blade screwdriver and pushed the o-ring inside the headlight it made it a nice snug fit :D
  100. Ash4Lotte

hmm i wouldn't know about the self adjusting, have you used the right fuse and wiring as mine?? if i remember rightly, the adjusters were exact same looms and plugs so it was just simply unplug old and plug into the new, maybe check they are plugged in right? HID's will take around 10 seconds to...
Back