• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. TerryCTR

DC2 DB8 DC5 Thinking of buying a dc5 whats a fair price

As the title states, having a few issues with Audi and now I have it in my head that ill successfully reject the car and with a new flat move imminent I thought I would save some cash and buy and older motor - can't see anything better than a dc5 :confused: Its going to have to be champ white...
  2. TerryCTR

How to fit an lsd - any how 2's?

Ill be getting a jdm diff next week and unstead of it lying around until I had money to fit I was gonna give this a go with my mate. I knew there was a sort of how to on ctro but the pictures have been removed so has anyone ever came across a decent how to guide?
  3. TerryCTR

Do all springs rust?

I was messing about with the stoptechs tonight and I noticed the abp springs I have are rusted. I have had them about 2 years I think. the red coating that covers the spring has came off in alot of places and the spring has rusted. Does this happen to all springs over time, will it rust...
  4. TerryCTR

AP Racing 4 pots & Aftermarket 17s

My mate has a set of AP racing alloys and he is wanting to switch back to 17s, the AP's seem to be causing clearance issues. A stock 17 will fit with a 6mm spacer, but then the bolt is not long enough to screw in properly. He asked me if I knew of any 17s that will fit. Im sure a guy called...
  5. TerryCTR

champ white on nhb

Got my champ white wheels fitted today, couple of quick pictures excuse the filthy car. Seems to be gettting alot of attention and does look pretty good I think, but I think I still prefer the stealth look and Im toying with some form of black.
  6. TerryCTR

Stock alloys, but stock colour?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu-LUJ-ZtZw Think I want some stock alloys after watching this, especially at 0.27, 1.23 and 1.38. Is this just factory finish or have they been coated? My tyres are almost f*cked so I may as well get a set
  7. TerryCTR

Couple of Faults

The first one is my drivers window, I may just be being thick here but sometimes when I have the window down (I think when its not fully down only) and I click the button to put it up, it stops and goes back to where it was. I then have to click it up a bit at a time until it gets past the...
  8. TerryCTR

Lightweight 17s -ideas

Unfortunately getting a dc5 did not work out but I still have the chance to swap my 18s for some stock rims and some cash. This i hope to do asap. I have decided I need some lightweight 17s as the stock 17s are heavier than my current 18s. I quite like the team dynamic 1.2s and possibly have...
  9. TerryCTR

DC2 DB8 DC5 I want a dc5 - should I?

I have owned my ep3 ctr for 2 years now and even though I love it I have always wanted a dc 5 since I saw one. Particularly now I want one due to the following culprits: Nickyboy - he wants a new car and he has talked me into it so he feels better Dotty - Cos i love his champ white with the...
  10. TerryCTR

What Oil You Using

I need to do an oil change and since owning the car its only had semi synth 10w 40. It seems fully synth 5w 40 is they way to go although that will also be used up alot quicker. Anyway my mates are all saying go for Millers Oil Fully Synth 5w 40, whats everyone using on here?
  11. TerryCTR

New Toy

Got my spoon manifold on today then spent 10 hours with my mate cleaning the car :shock: Mods So far Buddyclub Spec III Catback Exhaust Spoon 4-2, 2-1 Manifold Gruppe M K Pro ABP 35mm lowering springs Eibach Camber Arms, Bolts and Fast Road Set up 18" Kei RSS Alloys JDM Wind...
  12. TerryCTR

DC Sports Manifold Hitting off JDM arb - help

As the title states I just got my dc manifold fitted and I also fitted the jdm arb so I dodnt expect it to hit off it but it does at times. I only have one engine mount fitted could that be the cause?
  13. TerryCTR

Spoon vs DC Manifold

As the title suggests, if both were priced the same is one better than the other and why
  14. TerryCTR

Buddyclub spec III

Since fitting this there has been a rattle, which im hoping could be from the following: 1. There is only 1 retainer spring at the moment as the other one was rusted to fcuk - Im getting new ones asap. 2. The bush is miles too small apparently for fitting so we currently have the back box...
  15. TerryCTR

Will DC5 4 Pots fit a ctr ep3

As the title states, I need to upgrade as I realised the other day how much better the brembos are than my stock ones :evil:
  16. TerryCTR

My Mugen Replica Carbon Adjustable Spoiler

As the title states, my spoiler is adjustable. I curently have it on the setting creating most downforce. My question is how much will it actually create and how much will it lower my top speed? When I first put it up I could feel it for sure sort of holding me back, I always had to put the...
  17. TerryCTR

Jackson Racing Cams

Anyone know how much they cost?? Cheers
  18. TerryCTR

I hope you lot are happy

I just ordered a gruppe m from japan, I was goded into it by responsible mods amongst others. Shame on you. O well, cant wait for it to arrive now :twisted:
  19. TerryCTR

My Car Thread

Alrite, decided to start a thread and keep updating the pics as I go along from now on. So here it is Mods so far: Tints: 45% on front and rear quarter, 20% rear window Vis Racing Carbon Fibre Adjustable Spoiler 18" Kei RSS Gunmetal...
  20. TerryCTR

Spoon 4-2 and 2-1

Anyone running this on an EP3? Im thinking more and more of buying one. It will be handy to put the cat back on come mot time but apart from that I cant find much information on it. Anyone know what kinda power it offers and how it compares with say a dc manifold?
  21. TerryCTR

Second hand Toda?

My mate is currently looking for an evo and when he finds the one he is after he is offering me first choice on his toda manifold. He bought this second hand for £400 and it is currently heat wrapped. I was all for this until someone mentioned that it doesn't have a flexi pipe. He already...
  22. TerryCTR

Waiting patiently for my fast road set up

as we speak, my car is in getting lowered 35mm on abp springs and the fast road set up. I can't wait to get my r back it's been a long wait to get it sorted. Hopefully getting a half day so I can go pick it up and test it out a bit :D
  23. TerryCTR

Something's up - tyre noise?

Driving along the other day with the window down and the music off I noticed a noise almost like something was stuck to my tyre, so on every rotation of the tyre it made this noise. It sounds like the same noise I had when I got a bolt through my tyre (it's the same one). So I went and had it...
  24. TerryCTR

How well does launch control work..

with the k pro ecu? Im tempted by the sumo power one on the other site although for a little more dosh I could get my mates k pro. The plug and play aspect is appealing and the vtec point has been lowered, whilst the rev limit increased so it seems only to be missing launch control. What...
  25. TerryCTR

JDM Diff

Had a look on here and I cant find what im looking for. I know it has the info on the CTR site but im banned at work :( Anyway my mate saw on ebay what we think to be a JDM diff for $425 from spartak motors or something like that. It had 3 letters in front of the jdm so not sure its the...
  26. TerryCTR

AIT Sensor query regarding AEM CAI

My mate just got one of the new dry flow filters fitted last night (si version) and from what I have read this reallocated the ait sensor closer to the grill. I have heard people say the reason the car wont vtec in really wet conditions is due to spray hitting off this? Im sure my mate said...
  27. TerryCTR

Cheeky Tyre C*nt

Just been to a tyre place to collect my money for my refurbed alloy that the fcukers scraped when they changed the tyre :x So anyway I asked him about the michelin pilot sports and he started saying the toyos I have are one above budgets, not premium tyres and the michelins are better...
  28. TerryCTR

K Pro - Anything I should watch out for?

Been offered a kpro for £250 plus my standard ecu so obviously im going to bite this guys hand off. His is mapped for his car with a spoon n1 and spoon unsilenced b pipe, aem v2 and to run on optimax. I have a custom made 2.5 inch system, built to the same spoon specs (yes I know its...
  29. TerryCTR

Insurance Quote

My Insurance is up for renewal currently with admiral on an accelarator policy as I had a bump in the snow. Anyway im at 3 years no claims now and have a vis carbon spoiler, 18s Keis and cat back custom exhaust. Admiral quoted £730 for 10 months all in for paying it up, £350 excess...
  30. TerryCTR

Fitting VIS Carbon Fibre Spoiler

As the title states, mines is on but apart from being short on screws which I have now filled the spare holes so no water gets in, there were no holes to secure it at the edges. This meant going over bumps the spoiler sometimes moves a little and hits off the rear window. What have people...
  31. TerryCTR

Cheapest Place to Buy Kei RSS 18s

With tyres of various makes and profile I have found them for £949 thats for the hyper black or gunmetal ones. I dont necessarily need tyres as I may be able to pick up cheaper ones myself. I also dont mind a bit of a wait for them as ill wait until after winter to get them on Cheers...
  32. TerryCTR

Spoon Related Question re My Custom

Ok I posted this yesterday on the other site and didnt get a response so I thought I would try my luck again. I'm getting a custom exhaust from the cat back in a few weeks and the guy is building it to the spoon race specs he has. This means a 2.5" bore and a 2 box silencer system. I have...
Back