• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Scotttomo

Change front brake pads on a CTR.

Easier than I thought although, do remember to take the handbrake off to avoid looking like an utter bell end trying to knock the Cali person off with a rubber mallet.....not that I did that and realised after about ten minutes of swearing that I was a div and had left it on.
  2. Scotttomo

Cheers Hazz. Just about to do them now. Wish me luck [emoji6]
  3. Scotttomo

How to change rear pads

Awesome. That's an hour of my Saturday sorted.
  4. Scotttomo

Nice guide. Need to do this at the weekend. Pads are goosed and squeal like a mutherfcuker. Is it advised to change the discs also if this has happened? Thanks, Scott
  5. Scotttomo

Brake upgrade options Ep3

I've got some DC5 Brembos lying around that never ended up on my EP3 if you're interested?
  6. Scotttomo

Ben's 2005 EP3 Civic Type AAAAAARRRRR!

Coming a long nicely dude. You looking at a CAI at any point? There's a lovely GM sitting in my loft if you want it? [emoji6]
  7. Scotttomo

EP3 Loud Bang on Hard Acceleration

I had this issue when I had my clutch replaced a while back. Turns out the garage hadn't quite tightened one of the engine mounts properly, so there was slight play under hard acceleration and braking causing a loud knock. I only managed to crank the mount half a turn but that was enough to stop...
  8. Scotttomo

EP3 quick estimate ?

This is interesting as I'm putting mine up soon. Under 64k on the clock 55 prem Nice to see the prices holding well on these. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. Scotttomo

Anyone help?

Bollox :lol:
  10. Scotttomo

little red LED on dash flashing

When engine is on?
  11. Scotttomo

Anyone help?

Gaitor can be gotten off by unscrewing your gearknob. Then getting your fingers inside the gaitor under the lever, pull the surround (gently) towards you. It should just pop off it's mounting leaving you to disconnect the cig lighter and hazard lights. That's where my knowledge stops though, as...
  12. Scotttomo

fn2 vs dc5 engine

Walkden with another EP3 :lol: I didn't realise the FD2 cams where more aggressive, makes sense though thinking about it. Is it a big job? OP you have it mapped already?
  13. Scotttomo

tegiwa vs has hi power

I'd go HKS just for build quality alone. make sure you get a newer version of the Tegiwa as someone has mentioned about them cracking around the back box (could be different model though)
  14. Scotttomo

FN2 making my car lighter need help

As Loxy says, unless you start taking big stuff off you're going to have little if any benefit. You have kids, so seats need to stay, I take you don't want the carpets out either? Or stereo?
  15. Scotttomo

fn2 vs dc5 engine

Are there much gains to be had from doing this?
  16. Scotttomo

Cannot decide on exhaust for civic ep3, need help!!!!

You still looking for a RM01A? Mine will be going up on the forum shortly.
  17. Scotttomo

Type r ep3 judder

Standard EP3 trait.
  18. Scotttomo

Soooo it's not a Honda

Very Nice Miss Barker, enjoy :D
  19. Scotttomo

Enter not dropping text by a line

Well It Works Now Yay :D Cheers Al, Scott
  20. Scotttomo

Enter not dropping text by a line

I have same problem, works everywhere else but here :(
  21. Scotttomo

Car won't start!!

Maybe the ECU needs resetting to clear the error? ECU might still think the EML is on? I'm just guessing though, hopefully someone else with more knowledge will be able to advise shortly. Scott
  22. Scotttomo

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

Need to make this steak meet just to see the new motor John :D How you get on with wheel spacers BTW?
  23. Scotttomo

Clutch gone?

F'king cars mate, they're money pits, all of them :( Hope you get it sorted fella. Hopefully nothing else goes in the near future, spend that coin ;)
  24. Scotttomo

Clutch gone?

Maybe he'll set the fronts up again then, but I would of thought the setting would all change with new shocks on? I'm just presuming though. Hopefully not, win win :D
  25. Scotttomo

Is honda civic type r 2002 Faster than a 2000 Golf turbo

Driving like a granny on road FTW. It's immature thrill seekers and "my cars faster than yours attitude" that ultimately end up putting responsible drivers insurance premiums through the roof. It's only a matter of time before either a golf or an Ep3 is going to end up in a...
  26. Scotttomo

Walkden's Motors

That Skyline looked f'king awesome Andrew, wish I could have been a passenger at some point :twisted: One of my all time fav cars, Bayside blue only though ;) I'm sure you'll be able to find an EP3 for buttons, there's plenty of flanges around ours with them now so I'm sure they're cheap enough.
  27. Scotttomo

Clutch gone?

News shocks will ruin FRSU IIRC, need doing again, possibly.
  28. Scotttomo

Clutch gone?

Try short shifting and putting your foot down, you'll notice a severe lack in power if it's on its way out.
  29. Scotttomo

Any good recommended honda mechanics liverpool

Good stuff. You enjoying it? I still grin every time I drive mine :D Fast Road Set-up is a really good mod, makes it so much more planted. I just wish I'd gotten mine done sooner :D
  30. Scotttomo

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

Need vids when you collect this Jon, looks mega :D
  31. Scotttomo

No dramas fella, you'll be in really good hands at TDi. What you having done?
  32. Scotttomo

Yeah, TDi is probably the closest for you then. Thought you may of been over my side of the water, as I could of put you onto a decent mechanic :D
  33. Scotttomo

My Mugen CR-Z

Looks amazing, but wheels look tiny, maybe because of sidewalls?! Maybe a little lowering and it'll sort it out. You planning on lowering? Really nice car though fella, always find myself looking at these with interest when on the road, obv not mugen'd though ;)
  34. Scotttomo

Isofix

EP3 has ISOFIX, I have one of the maxi cosi bases in mine, handy bit of kit and safe as too, apparently.
  35. Scotttomo

Whereabouts you Carl?
  36. Scotttomo

Renault Megane RS 250

This^^^
  37. Scotttomo

Need Air Filter/Airbox Advice!

Standard airbox can be modded for little to no cost too, to improve airflow. If you have a dremmel, or some other suchlike tool, it's a piece of p!ss. Search Hondata airbox mod and there'll be a how to somewhere. I'd find it for you but tbh, I cant be bothered ;)
  38. Scotttomo

Big Bang noise

No shouldn't do, if you have the right sized spanners etc I do see why you couldn't do it yourself. I just took mine to my mate because I couldn't be arsed.
  39. Scotttomo

Big Bang noise

My EP3 had this problem after my clutch was done. Turned out to be engine mounts where not tightened up enough. Under hard acceleration and hard braking it would happen. My mech mate swung off all nuts and got about half a turn on one, problem solved. :D
  40. Scotttomo

Electrical problem, fuses, lights and mild annoyance.....HELP?

Cheers Stoo. Wiring diagram I dont have. I'll have a butchers to try and find it now though. Lings?
  41. Scotttomo

Electrical problem, fuses, lights and mild annoyance.....HELP?

On the way home this evening and the light on the speedo etc went out :( Though it was difficult to see my speed, I thought I'd find the fuse diagram in the manual when I got home and replace. It wasn't until I was getting a few flashes of headlights from drivers behind me, that I thought maybe...
  42. Scotttomo

DC2 DB8 DC5 2 grand integra !!!!! Dc5 :-)

Jammy bas*ard! Nice motor, fancy selling it to me for 3k?
  43. Scotttomo

Help, all of the speedo light and centre console light as gone all of a sudden

There should be a diagram somewhere, under the lid of the fuse box, or in the manual maybe? Just pull out each fuse one by one, while the car is switched off. You will see if a fuse is blown as it'll be broken in the middle squiggly bit.
  44. Scotttomo

Help, all of the speedo light and centre console light as gone all of a sudden

Have a look at all your fuses, you'll be able to see any that have blown. Other than that I can't help sorry :oops:
  45. Scotttomo

My Milano EP3 now 259.6bhp :)

Kingway tunnel run FTW :twisted: Looking forward to it :D
  46. Scotttomo

My Evo X SST FQ300

Very nice Marky, looks like a beast. You just couldn't live with the DC5 after everything that happened? Exellent replacement though, fair do's :D
  47. Scotttomo

My Milano EP3 now 259.6bhp :)

Saw some pics on FB Si, videos on here soon?
  48. Scotttomo

Little advice please.

I could get it machine polished in work one of the lathes, I want it to look as original as possible though. If I were to polish it up it'd look gash imo :( Thought Griffin would know, but not sure if he still frequents here or has flounced again :lol:
  49. Scotttomo

Little advice please.

Anyone?
  50. Scotttomo

Pics of mine dropped on ABP eibachs in my sig ;)
  51. Scotttomo

Little advice please.

I didn't know where to put this topic as it's a weird one, mods feel free to move to somewhere more appropiate if needs be. Is the Mugen gearknob anodised after it's machined? I have started getting a lot of scratches/wear on it and it's starting to look sh!t. I don't wear a ring or any...
  52. Scotttomo

FD2 My mini review of the FD2 - update 10th June 2012

There was a champ white one at a pistonheads meet I attended a while back, and it was lovely. I love the interior, seems so much more up to date than my EP3 which I think is pretty basic. I've not been in a DC5 but would imagine it being a little more dated than even the EP3? Is the...
  53. Scotttomo

My SS EP3.

The guy with the Milano was selling it due to doing too many miles, so it probably has gone tbh. I was OCD about cleaning mine at first, it wears off though :lol: Still keep mine clean but just don't wash as often as I used to/should :lol: There's a how to in here about cleaning the engine...
  54. Scotttomo

FD2 My mini review of the FD2 - update 10th June 2012

Nice review there Stu, you thinking of changing sometime soon? Still quite expensive though for a second hand motor IMO.
  55. Scotttomo

My SS EP3.

Yeah? I just bought my K100 from a guy in little sutton who had a Milano EP3, you might of seen him knocking about? You'll get the modding bug sooner than you realise the more you frequent this forum :lol:
  56. Scotttomo

My SS EP3.

Looks good Shawn :D I work near Hooton which isn't too far away from you, might see you about, cosmic EP3 :D
  57. Scotttomo

Those look pretty much new, that set on e-bay. The ones I got were pretty rough to say the least, only cosmetic though. Paint was all battered and scratched to hell and some of the fittings were a little corroded. I stripped all the paint off with a sandblaster in work and removed all the...
  58. Scotttomo

:lol: He just can't let that EP3 go :lol: £1450 is alot to spend on brakes like. Half the price and you can have some that bolt straight on off e-bay. Still, £700, does that include lines too? I've not fitted mine yet, need a few spares for the calipers, bleed nipples and what not. Some of...
  59. Scotttomo

F'king lol 2 months in the diesel and he's keeping the EP3 after all :lol: You can pick up brake kits that'll bolt straight onto the ep3 for the same money mate. For the cash it'll cost you to change to S2000 discs, then spacers and buy the calipers themselves, you may aswell buy a second...
  60. Scotttomo

Bloody hell Benji you've been busy :lol: Love it mate, hopefully have a meet soon, I'm thinking of going down pretty m uch the same route as you, albeit slightly slower :lol:
  61. Scotttomo

Cosmic Facelift Wheel colour

I try ;) Means fcuk all though, cash is king :lol:
  62. Scotttomo

My Cosmic EP3

Yeah man, need to get some moolah together first though for tyres and wheel nuts. Wanting some Ray's nuts, but they aren't cheap :(
  63. Scotttomo

My Cosmic EP3

Not as yet Jonny boy, will try and get some when it's clean :oops: I'm getting used to it now, I love the sound it makes but it sounds so different to standard I'm noticing it more. Maybe volume-wise it's not much louder, but maybe it's the tone which is different, which is maybe why I think...
  64. Scotttomo

My Cosmic EP3

Yeah, it is compared to stock :p Bumbling around town in 4th @ 30mph is louder than when nailing it on the sliproad onto the motorway, probably because it's drowed out by the GM though ;) I'll get used to it I suppose, well I hope I will :lol:
  65. Scotttomo

My Cosmic EP3

Yeah I'm going to see how I get on with it this week, if I can't live with it it's coming off :o
  66. Scotttomo

My Cosmic EP3

:lol: I know, tbh it's hard to get used to atm, making my ears feel like they're going to pop. Louder than I expected too, especially on the motorway :'(
  67. Scotttomo

My Cosmic EP3

Well the zorst is on, FTW :twisted:
  68. Scotttomo

Back with a bang-er...

Looks cool Sun, I've seen the Motul Mugen jobbie on GranTurismo I think so recognised it. Making it similar to the grey on you've just linked is a very nice idea though :D Good luck on sourcing bits for it :D
  69. Scotttomo

TypeRiter's DC5

Bloody hell, what have I missed? Just checking out Suns thread again and bam Sh!t's going off. Not trying to troll, just wondered what's gone on, if someone will do me the pleasure of linking? So Sun, the DC5 is gone? :( Replacement? :D
  70. Scotttomo

B-Pipe fitting

I found some from LVW automotive if you have one locally? 83p :D
  71. Scotttomo

TypeRiter's DC5

First of all, congrats on the news of another turdy on the way :D Second of all, it's a shame you might be getting rid, I liked what you were doing with the car, but needs must at the end of the day and I wish you and your newly expanding family well whatever you choose to do :D
  72. Scotttomo

DC5 bought - it's a long way home. :-)

Furry muff, suppose it's a way to go to look at lemons :lol: Glasgee guy sounds cool, London copper sounds busy :lol: The right one will turn up and she will be sweet :D
  73. Scotttomo

Hero Quest FTW :lol: Carl, I know you are a little put off with the hassle of going to N.I but surly the money you could save on buying from there would more than make up for the hassle, and transport costs etc? If it was me I'd be looking at a few, like someone else said. Get about 3-4...
  74. Scotttomo

Thanks!

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?63249-Thanks!&p=1035565&highlight=agree#post1035565 I think a like button would be more appropiate tbh.
  75. Scotttomo

Thanks!

So is anyone going to decide whether the Thanks is getting fcuked off then or what? :rolleyes:
  76. Scotttomo

Thread ignore feature?

Good idea this Stu.
  77. Scotttomo

Jesus Carl, get it bought man FFS :lol:
  78. Scotttomo

^^^^^^ ;)
  79. Scotttomo

Are the Irish plates a problem though? Prob not if it's from NI but what about SI? Is there any transfer details that need sorting?
  80. Scotttomo

Fcuking winzor Carl, you going to enquire?
  81. Scotttomo

Looks like it mate, the only thing is going to view, but for the saving you'd make over buying from this side of the water, it's full of win :twisted:
  82. Scotttomo

What's the import fees like? Have to get plates swapped etc? Seems too good to be true :lol:
  83. Scotttomo

Why so cheap Carl?
  84. Scotttomo

Colour coded Petrol Cap?

Sounds quite tricky to pull off though tbh fella, good luck :D
  85. Scotttomo

Colour coded Petrol Cap?

Fair enough, You could always try and paint it yourself ;)
  86. Scotttomo

Colour coded Petrol Cap?

I quite like that, all down to personal preferance though I suppopse. Could get a Mugen one, but I think it's pretty similar iirc
  87. Scotttomo

Friend milled me a new gear knob!

:lol: Just be careful you don't over do it and snap the shifter, looks like it could give too much leverage.
  88. Scotttomo

Friend milled me a new gear knob!

Proper parts :lol: Agreed that the OP's nob looks awful, but for a bit of fun why not :lol: How does it perform? ;)
  89. Scotttomo

Natwest were cool when I got my EP3, let me have 7k out in one go, brown envelope stuffed up my crevice as soon as I walked out the door :lol:
  90. Scotttomo

HIGH VOLTAGE!!!

They do, and you'd never go back ;)
  91. Scotttomo

My threads been very slow :lol: Superleggeras finally at the powder coaters :D Now looking at red wheel nuts, decals and centre caps to finish them off before they go on :D
  92. Scotttomo

HIGH VOLTAGE!!!

£14.95 for a Doc Johnson Junior, bargain :lol:
  93. Scotttomo

Thanks!

I use the thanks as more of a like button too, or when I agree with what someone posts.
  94. Scotttomo

Looking good Benny boy :D You certainly haven't hung around with this build mate, nice work, keep it up :D
  95. Scotttomo

Fcuking lol. Thought I might be able to supply you with some :D Keep me updated, would be nice to have it if you get rid :D
  96. Scotttomo

New bolts you say, sizes?
Back