• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. SuperFLY

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Why is it that a volume knob and new steering wheel buttons are getting me so excited??
  2. SuperFLY

FK8 Squeak in drivers door when listening to music

eugh. no chance. Nah I don't think the speaker's knackered. Was my 1st thought actually but as I said, if I brace the door with my hand it stops so it is just a rattle. Funnily enough I've already gone back about the front speaker rattle and they sorted that one. Told me they put a little foam...
  3. SuperFLY

FK8 Squeak in drivers door when listening to music

The drivers door has developed a rattle/squeak when listening to music at a 'normal' level which is very annoying. anything over 9+ on the volume will start it off, sometimes lower depending on the song. It's been doing it for a while now but certain songs do it more than others and it's now...
  4. SuperFLY

FK8 Recommended dealers in the SE (Berkshire)

35 miles away.. ouch. i did lik bracknell being close enough they offered a pick up and drop off service. willl keep them in mind though, cheers :)
  5. SuperFLY

FK8 Recommended dealers in the SE (Berkshire)

I know there are a few locals on here and they've had questionable experiences with one or two in the area so I was wondering what ones do people recommend instead? Just had my 1st service at bracknell and although they were polite enough to me I have some concerns. Just reviewed my...
  6. SuperFLY

FK8 To run in or not?.

From what I know, no there isn't. The engines are bedded in at factory before you get anywhere near it. Only thing that could need to 'bed in' are the brakes really. Just be sensible though, don't bounce it off the limiter every time you get behind the wheel, let the oil get up to temp before...
  7. SuperFLY

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

had that more than once on the motorway. cruise control on, clear road ahead, no one indicating into my lane yet suddenly the brakes come on hard. first couple of times i presumed it got confused with the lane divider or something but it's happened enough to make me wonder wtf is going on.
  8. SuperFLY

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

yeh it's a usb cable but it plugs into a dual socket adapter. wired down under the trim behind the glovebox etc.. as you mentioned. The amazon link I said in my post it wasn't the one I bought, it was just showing the same model. The gps unit is the mount so technically you could get the...
  9. SuperFLY

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?102727-What-did-you-do-to-your-Type-R-today&p=1362569&viewfull=1#post1362569 This is what I did. the cabling fits nicely behind the trim without any hassle. I haven't hardwired it yet, it's just plugged into my 2nd socket at the back. It's out...
  10. SuperFLY

What did you do to your Type R today?

:O Done 5.5k and mines still saying 3-4k before a service is required
  11. SuperFLY

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Hairline fractures in drilled discs has always been a problem (reportedly) I'm surprised honda went with them. Grooved make so much more sense and would probably greatly reduce the squealing issue as well by giving a channel for the brake dust to fling out from.
  12. SuperFLY

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

pretty much the above yeh :)
  13. SuperFLY

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

Been mentioned already but for me.. 1. Personalised damper/steering/throttle settings. - this annoys me as it would be as simple as a software upgrade to implement. 2. twin side or single exhaust (I've never been a fan of centre exhausts) 3. 3 door version. Only picking 3 wasn't easy, I'd...
  14. SuperFLY

nice review/comparison :)
  15. SuperFLY

FK8 Any rattles

Personally I've only had one rattle and that was the tailgate in very cold weather. Sorted by turning out the bump stops a little.
  16. SuperFLY

lol i normally keep a hoodie in the car but after nearly burning a shift pattern into my hand i now put the hood over the gearknob when i park up in the morning. really helps :) did exactly this last week. a fly followed me into the car at my parent's house, lost track of it so gave up and...
  17. SuperFLY

EP3 Cookie's FK8 Tale of Woe - 4th gear lockout and popout

What a palaver. and here's me thinking a bit of brake squeal was bad enough. Glad you've got it sorted eventually, hope it hasn't tainted your view of the car though.. the worst thing would be is if you didn't trust it any more due to all the issues.
  18. SuperFLY

Stu how are you finding the project mu pads? My DS2500s still have a bit of a squealy chirp pulling up time to time I'd like to get rid of (probably just dirty/dusty to be fair but still..) Last couple of days I've been looking around for options and was intrigued by the project mu's low noise...
  19. SuperFLY

FK8 Intermittent rattle from front brake/hub, NOT brake squeal.

Had exactly the same thing last week. Barely audible when driving forward, could just make out something if was crawling next to a wall with the window open. But reversing... holy hell it sounded like 2 lumps of thin metal just scraping against each other. Sounded awful. Still doing it the...
  20. SuperFLY

hahaha!! me too :D
  21. SuperFLY

FK8 MyHonda dongle thing?

not compatible with FK8? Considering I had mine fitted by the dealer back in Oct that's a weird thing to be told. took a few mins, paired up with my phone and job done. i did have the tracking turned on for a bit but turned it off now as i'd rather it not record everything i do. the app is...
  22. SuperFLY

FK8 Discounts on GT

doubt they'll be getting any discounts just yet.. not for another year I'd have thought. dealers might be able to move a little now though. hell, they moved a little for me at release. (carwow had £0 discount)
  23. SuperFLY

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

I do too until I get in my van and try to drive off with the handbrake still on.. or worse still, stopping at the lights and just letting my foot off the brake :D Really had to remind myself to use the manual handbrake in the van, heh.
  24. SuperFLY

FK8 The compliments have started

I did yes. Had another one yesterday morning. :) I work on a secured site and as I arrive at a similar time each morning I normally get the same security guard and he's always quite interested in the car; makes me laugh as he's quite an older gent but is always telling me to to give it...
  25. SuperFLY

FK8 The compliments have started

Twice in the space of a week I've now been approached by random people telling me how nice the car is. Used to get it now and again with the DC5 so it was nice to hear the same in the FK8. 1st was a biker at the garage, was having a look as I came out the shop and we ended up chatting...
  26. SuperFLY

FK8 Jump Pack

first thing i thought of was
  27. SuperFLY

FK8 Service Intervals FK8 (Revised)

go to the spanner icon on your dash options and it'll tell you when it predicts you'll need a service.
  28. SuperFLY

FK8 Service Intervals FK8 (Revised)

is that the engine that goes in the jazz? :smt119 Considering the FK8 has variable servicing who reliability told you this? But yes, the service pack is very good value for money :)
  29. SuperFLY

FK8 MPG

tend to average ~30mpg
  30. SuperFLY

FK8 Am I being thick.. setting Autolock

exactly what i do :)
  31. SuperFLY

FK8 Apple Carplay Issues iPhone X

Glad we could help
  32. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

It's nice not to have to worry about that with the service dongle. Shows me exactly where the car is/went/etc.. No way of denying it if they did ever take mine for a jaunt. :)
  33. SuperFLY

FK8 Replacing orange side market bulbs

a link to 'your' empty shopping cart. useful ;)
  34. SuperFLY

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

nope. still happy. i'm having more fun driving my van around right now, but that's simply due to the fact its worth <2k so I'm not worried if I slide off the road. Would be a different matter in the car. Haven't driven it since tuesday. Doesn't make me feel any different about it at all though.
  35. SuperFLY

I didn't say that as a criticism of buying ex-demo (the impression I'm getting from your post) I was pointing out that it could have been driven by people who didn't treat it very nicely. Every 'new' car I've owned bar this one was ex-demo or similar. Tbf, often more solid then the new ones...
  36. SuperFLY

you do realise that dotty's was an ex-demo, most likely thrashed to within an inch of iit's life from the moment the key is turned? (i should know... that's the one i test drove ;)) but yeh.. 1 car has gearbox issues on here so that must mean the entire range is a lemon.. lets return them...
  37. SuperFLY

FK8 Anyone who uses a USB stick for their music getting weird behaviour?

because i don't want to plug my phone in everytime i get in the car, would rather just turn it on and I have music regardless of having my phone with me or not. I've used apple play on occasion but now my usb drive is working I don't need anything else :)
  38. SuperFLY

Right tried the 'chucking everything in a pile' idea and that was a disaster. It couldn't work out albums, songs were all over the place.. wasn't pretty. Went back to itunes media and double checked my albums. Even though they're in tunes some of them were missing data such as track name, track...
  39. SuperFLY

Starting to notice as I've past 2500-3000 miles the engines loosening up slightly, exhaust note seems better/a little louder. Barely even worn in I know but I'm definitely noticing it
  40. SuperFLY

lol I had no idea, just thought it wasn't very punchy :D
  41. SuperFLY

Why not just replace the existing boot sub with a higher quality one? https://www.civicx.com/threads/ctr-subwoofer-swap.15096/
  42. SuperFLY

good to know i'm not the only one
  43. SuperFLY

The left and right arrows have only ever skipped albums (by holding it down) or skipped songs when pressed. Never been able to fast forward. Heh yeh although I said my pioneer worked it played albums not in alphabetical order but in the order I put the album onto the card. I.e. date order...
  44. SuperFLY

Slight niggle but is annoying. Don't know if it's the way I've put the files on the thumb drive or not. (Incidentally my 15 year old pioneer stereo never had this issue) Basically I could be playing an album and turn the car off. 7 times out of 10 when I turn the car back on it defaults to...
  45. SuperFLY

FK8 FK8 How many have wrecked Alloys so far ???

got a 2 inch long small scuff on the edge of my near side rear as whilst turning left the guy turning right into the road i was coming out of turned way too early and i had to pull in sooner the avoid him. just touched the edge of the curb ;( It's not really noticeable, but i notice it ;(
  46. SuperFLY

FK8 Flashpro

no difference to to any other model hondata ecu.
  47. SuperFLY

Christ! Mine is a bit over half that and I'm younger! (by loads yeh.. err 36) Nothing out of the ordinary either, not garaged or anything though it is on a driveway.
  48. SuperFLY

Admiral was the best for me too. Was only a few quid more than my previous DC5. Was a bit gutted to leave greenlight as they've been unbeatable (as well as decent to talk to) over around 7-8 years but they couldn't insure a vehicle with a value > £20k
  49. SuperFLY

FK8 FK8 Global Registry

Much much better, that's all I was asking for :) Welcome matey, how is America liking their first (official) type-r? The bike forum I'm on constantly has people signing up with the sole intention of pedalling their wares, trying to get your info, filling out surveys for their college courses...
  50. SuperFLY

FK8 FK8 Global Registry

Don't recall asking where their username came from, but err yeh ok. Was more interested who this person was that has literally just signed up to the forums to post links, asking people to fill in their details on. Call me cynical but I don't trust random url's from unknowns. Especially as the...
  51. SuperFLY

FK8 Is Honda's service package worth it if you only do ~5000 miles a year?

It's paid for itself in 2 services so what do you think?
  52. SuperFLY

FK8 FK8 Global Registry

hello, and you are?
  53. SuperFLY

FK8 RC20GT

err wonder where they got their inspiration from
  54. SuperFLY

JDM y0 then
  55. SuperFLY

I see this whole yellow light thing being quite popular but personally I hate it with a passion. Just makes me think of old cars with knackered lenses. Obviously each to their own and I don't mean any offence; I just don't get it. What's the reason behind it?
  56. SuperFLY

turned my stoppers out a quarter turn this morning. no noise at all :) might just be as it was a little warmer this morning but we'll see
  57. SuperFLY

Don't even have my parcel shelf extended. it's in its roll. Could be wrong but it doesn't sound like it's coming directly behind me (where the roll is)
  58. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

I put DS2500s in my fronts and there was still a bit of squeal so I did a trackday bedding in (70-20 3 times hard braking then 70-0 and keep your foot hard on the brake for 30seconds). Thankfully where I work is an mod site with private roads :) After that I only get the odd little squeak as I...
  59. SuperFLY

My car's developed one that's quite annoying. A squeak coming from the rear. I'm guessing it's the boot lid stoppers not being tight enough when really cold so it moves around slightly and squeaks. Goes away once warm. Wonder if you can adjust them at all?
  60. SuperFLY

FK8 Rev matching

Haven't you had a few error codes over the last couple of months flaky? Starting to sound like a Friday afternoon jobbie.
  61. SuperFLY

Cool, hope you like it :) Little tip, when it arrives the 1st thing you need to ensure is you have the v2 (I heard some reviews where they ordered the v2 and got the v1). The simplest way to tell is the v2 has a bigger higher quality lens and as such only moves up and down to align. The older...
  62. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

Never. You sure you're not talking about the collision warning sensor? It's a different sound. If it's going off randomly get back to the dealer as something is wrong. Only thing I get sometimes is if I am going round a roundabout and have my right indicator on it'll beep at me to warn...
  63. SuperFLY

Did this over a week ago but only just got round to taking a pic. Fitted my dashcam. It's a VIOFO A119 v2 I spent ages looking at cams deciding what I wanted. Nearly got a nextbase duo hd but most the cams were just too bulky and I wanted something inconspicuous, something I could leave...
  64. SuperFLY

FK8 Must have accessories?

Think it looks horrid, myself. Would much prefer a weighted skunk2 gunmetal grey jobbie. Don't mean to hijack but does anyone know if the fitment is your standard honda screw on jobbie with retaining nut? Would be nice to get another skunk2 knob
  65. SuperFLY

The big 3 being? and yeh, asking 'what's the best tyre' is a massive can of worms (application, profile, driving style, what car etc.. etc..); can only ever comment on what worked for me.
  66. SuperFLY

Always been a falken fan myself. They do the fk8 size in their FK453 and better still FK510 range which is perfect. Around £500 for a set of 4 from mytyres
  67. SuperFLY

What perplexes me about it, as much of an awesome feature it is, cutting out at <20mph or whenever it does seems a bit dangerous to me. I've tested its braking a couple of times and it'll go from motorway speeds all the way down to 20 but below that suddenly the acc/braking system just stops...
  68. SuperFLY

Comes back pretty much instantly exactly where it left off
  69. SuperFLY

Agreed on the volume knob but the 'mute' button is as simple as turning the audio off. Top right button on the display.
  70. SuperFLY

FK8 Service Interval

It's standard interval. 12.5k miles or 12 months. whichever is sooner.
  71. SuperFLY

FK8 Top Gear Car of the Year 2017

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/speed-week-2017/cars-top-gear-speed-week-2017
  72. SuperFLY

FK8 Brake Hold

your mistake was releasing the handbrake. just drive. it'll release automatically (with the seat belt on of course) now you know why it had come on though you won't make the mistake of releasing it ;) although why you released your brandbrake without your foot already on your brake i don't...
  73. SuperFLY

FK8 Brake Hold

was about to say the same. handbrake comes on the moment i unbelt. i call weird tech failure or BS on that story.
  74. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

I've had it a month. Maybe a week went by before it started. i think.
  75. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

Unfortunately I haven't had much joy with Honda either. The dealer heard the noise, agreed it wasn't nice but said there was nothing they could do. Essentially they just pointed out this part of the manual and said it's fine. Not impressed really, but the service dept was apologetic about...
  76. SuperFLY

FK8 Auto lights - slight irritation

Funnily enough I had found that online but it was for a 2016 accord so wasn't sure if it applied to the civic too. Will give it a go. Cheers :)
  77. SuperFLY

FK8 Auto lights - slight irritation

Now I love the auto lights. very convenient. What I'm not such a fan of is the auto high beam. It's largely completely unnecessary and making me feel bad as it never goes off when I think it should but seems to wait until the oncoming car is in full view. Personally if I have my full beams...
  78. SuperFLY

FK8 Anyone getting weird results with their mileage?

On the subject of mileage I'm noticing I'm getting more and more with each tank. It's gone from 197 miles, to 210, to 230 and each time I can only put less than 40l in. Guess that's just the way it is. Honda tanks have always been over cautious with their tanks.. guess nothing's changed even...
  79. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

It's booked in Thursday so I'll update end of the week
  80. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svsWpLX5B-w I'll point out that after 10-20mins of driving the above video is basically what I get EVERY SINGLE TIME I come to a halt. Wonder if certain people above consider this excessive or not? heh an interesting idea fan :)
  81. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

As an update to the brake situation. I sent honda (the dealer) an email Friday night with a video I'd made with a few examples of the brake squeal. Basically I put my phone in the door handle pocket and recorded 5mins of me entering a car park. Sent them just under a minute's worth of...
  82. SuperFLY

FN2 FN2 paint correction and ceramic coating

Very clean. Though not a fan of the custom bodykit you've got on it.. makes it look like an FN2 ;)
  83. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

Dude.. it's a 5 door hatch, not an ariel atom :p I can cherry pick quotes off honda's website too. Bottom line, 'track technology' or not it's a road car and shouldn't sound like a fox having sex every time you pull up.
  84. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

That's the point. It is for road use. This car is my daily driver.
  85. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

I always used to run DS2500s on my other cars (brembos on my DC5 ran them) and they were great. Might be a good move just to replace them. It is silly, I could understand if it was a track only weapon but this is a car that has reversing cameras, cruise control, sat nav, COMFORT MODE etc.. for...
  86. SuperFLY

Just as a note, remus don't show a throttle responder on their site for the FK2 (well they do but it's the wrong engine listed) or FK8. So interesting the above site seems to be selling something that doesn't exist. I like the idea but wouldn't mind seeing an existing one first :D
  87. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

That's not how it's marketed. The FK2 was, certainly; but the FK8 was billed as a more refined car, built on the new 'normal' civic platform. My brake squeal is really started to embarrass me. I work in a security controlled site so every morning I pull up at the security gate and wince as my...
  88. SuperFLY

err wut? copy pasta mistake perhaps? or has honda suddenly brought out an auto type-r?
  89. SuperFLY

That's my point. I've already said I was driving home in rush hour so no open roads to blast on and my MPG estimate was going up. My MPG was going up but the range was going down at twice the rate of miles I was doing. My journey to/from work is 90% motorway and a-road. Incidentally, My range...
  90. SuperFLY

*in before 'waa waa because racecar, why buy a type-r if you care about mpg?!! waa!' The reason I ask is because I'm sure my fuel gauge is calibrated wrong. My 1st tank of pertrol from full to light coming on was about 190 miles with around 22 miles on my range left. Now bearing in mind...
  91. SuperFLY

FK8 R8860 new owner!

I must admit I hadn't given it much thought but would like to know this myself. I normally just make sure I lock it as I leave with the fob (as I like to pull the mirrors in too and that requires you to press lock, then press lock again and hold it for a second or two) There are settings for...
  92. SuperFLY

The morning after the clean. Mean and moody Bright and happy
  93. SuperFLY

:rolleyes: gave her, her first bath and wax today. got a bit tricky as it was getting cold and the wax wouldn't settle on the bonnet and roof so took ages to buff smooth. washing the car really makes you realise how many angles are on it; not to mention how big it is!! Could barely reach the...
  94. SuperFLY

FK8 Noisy Diff

Nope. Not heard anything I would consider a 'bad' noise (other than the odd bit of brake squeal) What kind of sound are you referring to?
  95. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

The service guy went out with me to hear it.. didn't make a sound. Typical. Did it the moment I left. Typical. He said the most they can do is change the pads but as they're a high metal content sinter then it's most likely just to happen again. Most likely it's just a bit of metal in the...
  96. SuperFLY

FK8 Quality issues

Must admit I'm getting it myself. Didn't happen today weirdly but I only popped out to get some fuel and food. Generally seems to happen at low speeds, just coming to a halt the horrible loud squeal starts. A good hard brake clears it for a bit but not for long. I'm popping to the dealer...
  97. SuperFLY

Exhaust blowing on your FK8 eh.. ;) Personally, I err put fuel in it today.
  98. SuperFLY

FK8 GAP Insurance (plus alloy)

Don't know why they stopped it but that makes sense.. annoying though. info from totallossgap https://totallossgap.co.uk/pdf/policy/88/Alloy%20Wheel%20Insurance%20-%20Terms%20and%20Conditions.pdf the key thing that makes me think it's not worth is is the whole 'wear and tear' part not being...
  99. SuperFLY

FK8 GAP Insurance (plus alloy)

Honda's GAP is way too expensive. £500 vs totalgaploss that'll do it for £156 they also will do alloy cover for £189 not as good as the cover honda did but then they don't do it at all any more for the fk8 so /shrug Not worried about stone chips (know a friendly painter) and tbf, I'll just...
Back