• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. xdcx

xdcx JDM EP3

Yo. I actually moved through to Inverness 2 months ago :) Where abouts in Ness are you moving?
  2. xdcx

spoon 4-2 manifold advice needed! asap!

Alot of DC5 owners swap the 4-2 section only and keep their CAT. So mating a Spoon 4-2 and a DC5 CAT on your EP3 is a viable option and will give very minor gains if any un-mapped. The DC5 CAT is better than the EP3's but it's still the most restrictive part in terms of flow. If you fit 4-2 and...
  3. xdcx

Kpro mpg

I am perfectly calm. Just saying it as it is and being 17 and owning one means nothing. There's been plenty of people in the past who make the commitment to a car and then find out after 6 months it costs too much to run. The same one's who end up in your situation wanting better MPG or...
  4. xdcx

Kpro mpg

Factoring the cost of the ECU itself and then the cost of mapping. Never mind the cost of accompanying mods. This is a ridiculous route to go down to get maybe up to 50 extra miles out of a tank. There is zero savings to be made in your scenario unless you are keeping the EP3 with the KPRO for...
  5. xdcx

Typres and 'wow-wow-wow' type noise. Been told tyre wear

Ignore that nonsense. It highly rates the T1R and Falken's which is bad enough. You'll get 50/50 opinions on all these soft sidewall tyres, but mostly anyone who pushes there car at all in bends will all tell you the same thing I am telling you. Stiff sidewall = best. It's common sense in...
  6. xdcx

RE040 was the tyre from factory on the EP3 and is damn sight better than Prada spec 2's which are utter turd, in my opinion. Honda chose the RE040 for a reason, and that being it suits the characteristics of the EP3 as the tyre has a stiff sidewall. They aren't amazing in the rain however, but...
  7. xdcx

Definitely un-even tyre wear or a good step in the tyre like Jord said. Common on the EP3 because the geo tolerences from factory were shocking. When you swap your tyres around, check them over. They'll be worn alot more on the insides. Solution is to replace tyres. This will cure the noise...
  8. xdcx

crunching noise when turning my car on?

Both my EP3's and every EP3 that's ever been owned by friends of mine, has done this. Just ignore :)
  9. xdcx

M62 50MPH Limit = Pure MPG!!!! (210 miles on 1/2 a tank)

:lol: > Edit this part out please <
  10. xdcx

M62 50MPH Limit = Pure MPG!!!! (210 miles on 1/2 a tank)

You used more than half a tank. Using the needle to gauge what you have used is the most inaccurate way of doing so. By your theory you will get another 200+ miles from this next half a tank of fuel? Nope. The needle takes ages to get to half and then it drops alot quicker from half to empty...
  11. xdcx

DMF PERFORMANCE 300bhp Development N/A Engine Photos

This is a seriously good post. Yes. :lol:
  12. xdcx

m1ke's CW FL DC5. No wait, CW JDM DC2, No wait, JRSC EP3, No wait CRV M3 FN2.....

ACTUAL LOL, Monday morning and genuine laughter. Thank you.
  13. xdcx

m1ke's CW FL DC5. No wait, CW JDM DC2, No wait, JRSC EP3, No wait CRV M3 FN2.....

It's just not up to my standards..... I would have kept the thing if it was..... for 5 minutes. :lol: :lol:
  14. xdcx

R32's are shee-ite for what they are. Without trying to be funny or anything, I do see you looking at something else and wanting rid of it quite soon..... Not as quickly as you get through Type R's like, but I don't see you being an R32 owner come end of the summer. You might prove me...
  15. xdcx

DC5 bought - it's a long way home. :-)

It's alot of car to sit in the garage and be used once in a blue moon. I'd rather have pennies.
  16. xdcx

My EP3. Rarer than DC5. Ten-a-penny those chav chariots. I do you good price.
  17. xdcx

Not fancy a CW EP3? :lol: Link in sig ;)
  18. xdcx

Yoko Prada spec 2

Pirelli P Zero's are just as horrific as Prada's...... soft sh*te. Potz, Conti's, Michi's, Goodyears or Dunlops for the CTR. Funnily enough, the expensive tyres.
  19. xdcx

EP3 AEM CAI Pictures

Yes, half undo the arch liner, remove battery and battery tray to make it easier and pass it up the way. It's a pain in the arse to do the first time, but after you've done it once correctly, it's a doddle to do and you can't understand why people struggle :lol:
  20. xdcx

MOT emissions fail DC5

This mani is hella sketchy :lol: It struggles to pass, alot!
  21. xdcx

FAO DC5 owners.

If there is no lights there to work/not work, how can they test/fail it? ;) There is the odd import that's somehow got through SVA with no side repeaters and these all pass MOT with not sketchyness. If it ain't there, it can't fail :)
  22. xdcx

FAO DC5 owners.

No problems for me come MOT time :lol: Although, it would probably be better if it did cause me MOT failure as it would actually make me get them filled and resprayed :lol:
  23. xdcx

FAO DC5 owners.

I removed the horrible looking side repeaters on mine. Touched up the holes drilled in the wing. Tidied and electric taped the wiring and tucked in the wing. Found the best looking orange lenses I could on eBay. Sanded them down so they would fit awesomely. Stuck them on. They look nice and...
  24. xdcx

xdcx JDM EP3

This was last year - October 2011. The next stop North of here is literally the Faroe Islands.
  25. xdcx

xdcx JDM EP3

New Honda battery fitted and it lives after 5 months in the garage snoozing. Everything double checked, started instantly first time and running perfectly. What a car. Getting some new goodies for it tomorrow as well which will be nice. Might even update this thread.
  26. xdcx

New TPS fitted. Crazy high Idle? Help

The garage quite clearly have lied to you...... That's not been done. Most people use a Dremel or a small saw to cut a groove and use a screwdriver to egt them off so you can get right in about it and clean it very well.
  27. xdcx

New TPS fitted. Crazy high Idle? Help

It will eventually settle, it just takes a while but the only reason it isn't settling quicker is because the IAC hasn't been cleaned properly. So I would re-clean properly and see how it goes. Otherwise, a hundred miles later after giving it a few blasts will eventually sort it out. I drove...
  28. xdcx

Engine mount inserts, installation time?

All goes well and done by someone who has done it before, 1 hour labour. Any little niggles doing the job and a mechanic who is doing it for first time, wouldn't be paying any more than 2 hours labour.
  29. xdcx

Calipers with Type R emblem

Prem/30th Anni/JDM
  30. xdcx

It was mapped on Henry Roy's dyno, alot of Scottish rave about him being awesome but there's been a good few cars with ridiculous readings from that dyno that's made me laugh. If air/fuel is fine then I wouldn't worry. But I would take it to TDI and get it all checked and tweaked as appropriate...
  31. xdcx

No idea who he is then, I am guessing his name is Graham, and he is 27 years old. Or there were 26 Grahams beat him to his desired username. Was the thread SHUT DOWN?
  32. xdcx

What happened on CTRO? I got linked to a photo on FB by Dotty and had no f*cking idea what was happening..... Someone in Scotland bought a Gruppe M scuttle panel which got lost in post, then someone was going to be tracked down and killed to death? Was Haggis the Scottish fella who thought he...
  33. xdcx

Do Luck braided brake lines

Never heard of a problem with Do-Luck lines. Heard of the Goodridge one's problems and also the HEL one's being too short.... But never heard a problem with the DL's. If it helps, I had DL lines on my Satin EP3, 2 years they have been on now, still perfect. And my JDM has them on and they have...
  34. xdcx

My repwagon ST220.

lol. Nicky goes, sits in car with face like a burst couch for 4 hours and complains.
  35. xdcx

My repwagon ST220.

You're rubbish. I want you in a car park (DIXONS LOL), getting your photo taken with the Mondeo OC. Sporting Ford baseball cap and owners club fleece. Debating pro's/con's of ownership, bits of flapjack stuck in your teeth, spitting it on each other talking utter sh*t. One of them OC lads has a...
  36. xdcx

My repwagon ST220.

Also clean it, religiously. Every weekend using Autosmart products only. Because clearly you know the c*nt down the road who has an Autosmart franchise and they make the best cleaning gear known to man.
  37. xdcx

My repwagon ST220.

My neighbour painted all the shee-ite looking plastic engine bay covers in blue. Colour coded you see. You could do yours reddyorangey. He also got bling in the form of battery and res tank cover things. They were like mirrors. Some bloke on the owners forum made them. He also had a Parrot...
  38. xdcx

My repwagon ST220.

It's the downfall for us all. It is why I got in trouble when looking at diseasal BargeMW's to keep her happy, except the 335D is not allowed, because "it has HOW MUCH BHP!!!??!?!?! NO!"
  39. xdcx

My repwagon ST220.

By the way, this is me, driving a Mondeo ST220. Blue one. Not an estate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVdSapf-Qiw
  40. xdcx

My repwagon ST220.

Oh right, it's the estate version you got.
  41. xdcx

My DC2. Haters please assemble at Pg87

RE: Jezza claiming FN2 is shee-ite saga. Ask Civinfo members about this. Laugh alot. Win.
  42. xdcx

:lol:
  43. xdcx

By the actual way. Has anyone driven one? The V6 rumble is barely existent in all seriously seriousness. My neighbour fitted a Miltek exhaust to his and it was still super quiet. I wanted it to roar like a lion because it has a V6 but it just doesn't really.
  44. xdcx

Audi's and BM's will just lol your blue oval out of the way. But the high vizzzzz will be handy for the motorway hard shoulder when it breaks down on you and what not.
  45. xdcx

I forgot to mention, I think anyone who owns an ST220 instantly becomes viewed as a c*nt on general levels by members of the local public. I'm not just trying to be funny or witty. My neighbour had one when I lived in Fife (the blue one I mentioned that I drove a bunch of times). He woke up one...
  46. xdcx

The ST220 is a very poor car in my opinion. It's not quick by any means, poor economy, littered with potential BIG problems such as fuel pump death etc. Brakes were horrific in the one I drove as well. I was just overall really unimpressed and thought the whole car was just a bit meh. It...
  47. xdcx

Can you cure the numb steering feel of the EP3?

My posts relate to making the car handle better, but they improve the steering feel no end. Because it is EPS doesn't simply mean this cannot be changed with the car..... My cars steering feels as good as a stock DC5's does, granted I would still rather have a DC5 though to begin with :lol:
  48. xdcx

My car had the gearbox with LSD already so no cost for me there. Although you can get an LSD for £400-£1000, then fitting cost. Superpro castor increase front bushes = £120ish Buddyclub RCA's - £100ish FRSU - £80ish Obviously the car needs to be on good springs at least (with camber...
  49. xdcx

Yeah. I had a debate with a few people before I got mine who all just assumed it had a DC5 rack. It doesn't unfortunately.
  50. xdcx

Polybush front. Change RCA's. Decent FRSU. LSD. Steering on mine feels absolutely awesome. Precise, sharp and stiff.
  51. xdcx

can't identify aftermarket suspension

noob lol :lol:
  52. xdcx

can't identify aftermarket suspension

That's an OEM damper. Might not even have aftermarket springs. Guessing you bought it and the seller told you it had "different suspension"? Need a picture fo the actual car to see if it sits any lower at all, and also removing the wheel to have a better look would help (5 minute task).
  53. xdcx

xdcx JDM EP3

Cheers dude. Hopefully it stays looking like it does forever..... If this joke of a Scottish "government" get their way they'll cover everything in those ridiculous wind turbines :(
  54. xdcx

xdcx JDM EP3

I think snow season really ends in April. May is that switching over to the summer season. I hope anyway, I want 16 degrees+ and 2 weeks of sunshine! :lol: Yeah man I am making good progress and getting more competitive as time goes on. I onyl seriously got into running August 2010. I run the...
  55. xdcx

xdcx JDM EP3

Videos would be good man. I'm pretty gutted I won't be going with you lot but at the same time, once I get to FR I don't think it'll be much comparison. Snow season can FOAD. It better be hella warm by May!! I am neither a boarder or skier, I'm a runner :lol: 15 days training at altitude for...
  56. xdcx

xdcx JDM EP3

:( Just booked Font Romeu from 5th - 19th May :lol: Sorry dude. I was wanting to se/hear your car as well. Sucks. I'll still help out with routes for your run with sickly and that though as I've done them all. Applecross and surrounding areas is amazing, you will absolutely love it.
  57. xdcx

weight issue

Don't be driven away by the rules. This is the best forum to be a part of, the information/advice and banter you get can't be touched anywhere else, so double checking your spelling etc is barely a price to pay for all the benefits :) In answer to your question. It does make a difference...
  58. xdcx

My Carbon NHB ep3

Holy hell. I DID NOT expect this sort of build man :lol: Awesome. I'd scrap the charger plans and do a mega NA build (you obviously have the cash haha). JRSC has be done a million times, do something different/better :)
  59. xdcx

Tegiwa M - am i missing something??

Dear Techiwa, you could just photocopy the Gruppe M paperwork and send your kits out with that? Although you are so pro, you might even be able to Photoshop a TEGIWA IMPORTS logo on there, size 64 font, all caps. Obviously.
  60. xdcx

Picnic Table and Oil :)

Thanks dude :) Ewans is the only Honda dealer I let near it. So that says it all ;)
  61. xdcx

Picnic Table and Oil :)

Ewans in Cornhill/Banff are an official Mugen Dealer. Give them a shout, they'll get you a price and they are a very good company to deal with.
  62. xdcx

Obtaining the right insurance fora high performance spec. Advise needed

I agree with Chris. You could check with Sky/Greenlight etc now to see if they will actually insure you (I am sure they will because of age and post code etc). But as for a quote, they change day to day. I would definitely wait until your current policy runs out rather than cancelling it, if...
  63. xdcx

Obtaining the right insurance fora high performance spec. Advise needed

If you drive an EP3 for a year, re-insure it and then modify it, there won't be as issue. They'll take it on performance mark of the car as standard, for example, if you drive a turbo EP3 for a year, that doesn't automatically mean you could then insure a standard R34 GTR, as in your opinion you...
  64. xdcx

Fools Daily: Mk2 1.8 MX-5

F*cking hell! :lol:
  65. xdcx

Gif is relevant to thread, abort.
  66. xdcx

insurance issue!!!!

That's the difference between paying annually versus monthly direct debit. Admiral are c*nts. Plus we shall assume anyone on Admiral has no mods declared either :lol:
  67. xdcx

insurance issue!!!!

If it's an EP3, they cost alot because young 'uns can afford/write them off now. So there's the first reason it costs that much. If Sky won't insure you, it indicates you live in "poor post code area", as in insurance companies think there is a higher risk of it being nicked in your area...
  68. xdcx

DC5 Type R Number 3 - Another J's exhaust ordered lol wut

I have a newer, better, cleaner one sitting in my garage in my exhaust collection anyway. > you. thx :p
  69. xdcx

what would you pick?

Have you ever owned a Twinloop? It's anything but gimmicky or overrated. It's one of the best built exhausts I have ever touched :lol: And it does sound awesome.com. But I am selling mines :lol:
  70. xdcx

xdcx JDM EP3

Thanks man. As above it's a Mugen grill :) I think people hate the whole elitest and stuck up'ness of people who only want to buy JDM parts instead of cheap or knock off rubbish. I'm not fussed about all the hating, I just REALLY enjoy winding people up and watching them get angry about it all...
  71. xdcx

Does the Cam (Rocker) Cover have a gasket?

Racist :lol:
  72. xdcx

Does the Cam (Rocker) Cover have a gasket?

I wish! It's like £18 for that silly little bit of rubber from Honda! Clean up your one that's on there and use some decent sealant when re-fitting and it will be fine :)
  73. xdcx

EP3 Superpro Complete Bush Kit...

Nice one dude. I believe they do come with instructions of some sort, but as to how useful they are, I have no idea. Mines were fitted by the 2 Stevie's who could do it blindfolded :lol:
  74. xdcx

EP3 Superpro Complete Bush Kit...

This is quite a job to take on, front arms need to come off the car etc. Not a job fro the driveway I would say, but you may have access to garage/ramp/tools etc. Your best bet would be to PM/email Stevie @ Eight Speed or Stevie @ Grinspeed. Both have fitted these kits plenty now. As for the...
  75. xdcx

arb question

No point fitting a front JDM ARB, it's no thicker. Only reason you would fit one is if you are fitting a Japanese made manifold as the JDM ARB is shaped differently and accommodates these. Rear, as said, JDM EP3 rear arb is thicker than the stock UK one. Hendey, Touge, 8Speed etc can all get...
  76. xdcx

Kumho KU39... worth a punt in these hard times?

I think that should be flip reversed. I'm lol'ing.
  77. xdcx

I posted my opinion on the question in hand. Huge apologies for lighting the fuse on your soggy tampons. I have a different opinion based on actual use of said tyres, it's not as if I am pulling it from my arse. So why the bullsh*t? I am allowed to think differently from you, even if you are a...
  78. xdcx

T1R's - rubbish. Falken's - rubbish. Khumo's - rubbish. All of above are almost identical tyres, soft sidewall, useless in the corners and terrible in rain (and snow when it comes). I have tried all of them, T1R and KU's on an EP3 and Falken's on a Golf with 180bhp. Michellin, Goodyear...
  79. xdcx

Brembo blanks and pads, help needed please!!

Did you get rear Brembo discs? I can't find them anywhere so assumed they did not exist.
  80. xdcx

lol at Tegiwa wheels and how defensive you got. I actually believed it and put on my shocked face at the thought of such madness.
  81. xdcx

Clutch bedding in period

I would personally just take it easy for 500 miles and it will be fine from there. Some will say less than that, but 500 miles is safe to me so is what I would do. It's normal to feel lighter and biting point higher. Exedy is a direct OEM replacement, so it's not because it's a different...
  82. xdcx

Just changing B-pipe

Spoon or other silenced b pipe will give slight gains, silenced is NOT loud at all. Even unsilenced with OEM b box isn't that loud. With a Tegiwa instake and bigger bore b pipe, there is no way on earth you will see 15bhp. 5 more like.
  83. xdcx

Spoon Sports Europe

That's what you think now ;)
  84. xdcx

Spoon Sports Europe

For the low cost, the best thing you can do to an EP3 is buy a set of decent springs, camber bolts and arms + full geo. MUCH better money spent and much more difference over an induction kit that does nothing except make a nice noise now and again.
  85. xdcx

Tinted sun strip pictures?

It went to half way down where the rear view mirror attaches on windscreen. You'll see what I mean on pics above.
  86. xdcx

s2000 seats in an EP3

The JDM/30th Anni/Prem Recaro's are utter sh*te in reality. You will be aching if you drive the car for any more than 2 hours at a time. Generic Recaro arse.
  87. xdcx

DC5 Type R Number 3 - Another J's exhaust ordered lol wut

Uber dibs on the Spoon b pipe. Sell it to someone else and feel my wrath!
  88. xdcx

FN2 Play in throttle pedal

No idea what car you have. Guessing FN2 since you think some wizardy is to blame. If you have an EP3, here is a guide to adjust throttle cable - http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=748074
  89. xdcx

Japspeed Manifold

There is no R in BOUGHT, F*CK SAKE!!!!!!!
  90. xdcx

CTR EP3 - Dreaded idle hunting 1,500 - 2,000 - A thought?

My car done this last weekend. It sits for over a month all the time in the garage and is usually spot on. But last weekend I needed to jump start it to get it going as the battery died. Then it started the idle hunting nonsense...... I didn't remove the TB and clean the valve, I drove it 150...
  91. xdcx

Back. Thee. f*ck off. Tis mine sunshine.
  92. xdcx

On it. I'm a good cleaner person to be fair :lol:
  93. xdcx

Speed limiter question .....

Wish it was true, mines converted to MPH but the limiter is present at 112mph. It can be removed, don't ask me how as I have no idea, but there are tuners who can remove it. Whether this is done by resetting or changing something on the OEM ECU, I honestly have no idea. Most people, if not...
  94. xdcx

It looks sh1t hot in those pics! Thanks Dott, although not sure it is the same one.... If it is then it's bought!
  95. xdcx

He's a Scot is he? This +1's it in my books. Just the pictures Sun. I asked him about it and he said in thread he's getting new pictures at least :)
  96. xdcx

I don't think it looks bad. Just the usual discolour and he hasn't fitted so that's what it will look like. I've sent him a million questions and I will send him a million more before I even consider commiting. But a full Mugen system would be awesome. MOT, pfffft. That donesn't worry me ;)...
Back