• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Goldie Jon

Steering wheel boss

Make sure you buy the boss for cars with aircon otherwise the boss won't fit unless you take out the clock spring which is a pain in the arse. I made the mistake and am waiting for a HKB OH-207 boss from tegiwa.
  2. Goldie Jon

K20a2 in a DC5

Yeah I know the differences, just when it come to the install. Does it have the same engine mounts, does it need any additional sensors etc?
  3. Goldie Jon

K20a2 in a DC5

Hi guys just bought a DC5 with a engine that's knackered. Planning to swap the cams over and put a K20a2 engine in. The car has a K100 in it mapped from TDi North. Bar the engine, what else is likely to be needed.
  4. Goldie Jon

New golf mk5 GTI

Planning on getting one of these in the new year, but will be looking for a DSG. Very nice motor. Subscribed.
  5. Goldie Jon

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Cool. Ive given mine about 30 mins today so no worries. Is that the Red GT86 in the pics? If so that looks nice. Will see you around 10 tomorrow mate.
  6. Goldie Jon

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh if your still coming tomorrow fella?
  7. Goldie Jon

Integra DC5 Type R

Very nice mate.
  8. Goldie Jon

My new Milano Red Anniversary

Check out the Meets section. First run of 2014 is up.
  9. Goldie Jon

Mine is a red prefacelift looks like yours bar the fogs. Ive got a fast road set up, 2.5 unsilenced B pipe and a Hondata K100
  10. Goldie Jon

Spotted you before going past Morrisons. Looks good.
  11. Goldie Jon

Yes of course mate. I'll give you guys plenty of notice.
  12. Goldie Jon

I live up by Henllan. lol
  13. Goldie Jon

Nice car. Where in North Wales are you from? We have meets and runs a few times a year and cover all over North Wales. Feel free to join us on the next one. Should be in March.
  14. Goldie Jon

Stevo's Turbo CW and Nismo 370Z

That 370Z looks stunning!!
  15. Goldie Jon

mittanio's 04 NHB EP3

Looks nice fella. What's up with the CTR then? Suspension related or Engine?
  16. Goldie Jon

Hissing!!!

The hiss which is coming from the engine which comes in at 4000rpm up to 4.5k then goes, it happens when the revs are falling too. It sounds like air escaping really loudly, but with a metallic noise to it too. The idle assist valve is snapped which i've blanked off but its not this. I've...
  17. Goldie Jon

Josh's 53 NHB CTR

You running a hybrid on the Fabia? I used to have a Fabia vRS at 175bhp 300/ftlbs and the an Ibiza Cupra TDi running 205bhp and both 300ft/lbs. Both mapped at P-torque. Looks really nice to be fair. You'll find it a huge difference not having the torque and having to use the revs. :) Civic...
  18. Goldie Jon

Best set of lowering springs

Eibach Pro Kit. Had them on 2 previous cars, and will choose them again very soon.
  19. Goldie Jon

Back from the wheel refurb

They look great.
  20. Goldie Jon

A20NWK's NHB EP3

Very nice EP3 fella.
  21. Goldie Jon

Back Box doughnut Gasket size

I know, I had ordered the 2.25" but the 2.5" came. All sorted now though. I just wanted to make sure it was 2.25" Cheers again for sorting the problem Tegiwa.
  22. Goldie Jon

Or 2.25? I have a Unsilenced b pipe and oem back box. Gasket is finished.
  23. Goldie Jon

What about standard size?
  24. Goldie Jon

Ben's 2005 EP3 Civic Type AAAAAARRRRR!

40% now Ben lad!!! Car looks ace in those pics mate.
  25. Goldie Jon

need some clarity

Legend. Cheers mate.
  26. Goldie Jon

need some clarity

Ok, need some help. I need to know what the pipe coming off the intake pipe does. Its not the air flow meter but the one with the valve and pipework going into the inlet? Does the air going from this go into the engine its self at some point, or is it just to cool the inlet? thanks jon
  27. Goldie Jon

Kshek89_bbc Silver FN2

Kshek89_bbc Fn2 :) Looks really nice. Might be getting a fn2 after My trip to Thailand in March. Your car has made me want a silver one for sure!
  28. Goldie Jon

Kshek89_bbc Silver FN2

Kshek89_bbc Fn2 :) Repost*
  29. Goldie Jon

Are these mods a good idea?

You can get the Supersprint b pipes for like £190 direct from revo teknik.
  30. Goldie Jon

My Satin Silver Facelift EP3

Looks great!! Nice and shiny.
  31. Goldie Jon

Ben's 2005 EP3 Civic Type AAAAAARRRRR!

Ep3 is staying now mofo's!!!! Whooop. Looks ace Benny boy
  32. Goldie Jon

Clicking tapping when cold

Yeah shell v power is good fuel for the K20. The tapping could be the fact that your valve clearances need adjusting. These are usually done every 25k with the service. Mine was the same as you, tapping noises when cold, Stevie at Grinspeed did mine, and now purrs like a kitten at idle. And...
  33. Goldie Jon

Good budget exhaust set up?

+1 the above. I find I rev match now without even knowing. It just comes natural.
  34. Goldie Jon

It's just like heel-toe but without using the brakes. Changing from say 3rd to 2nd. Engage the clutch, select the gear, but before releasing the clutch blip the throttle first then as soon a the revs rise disengage the clutch. Heel-Toe is the same but you put the front of your foot on the...
  35. Goldie Jon

Sounds really good fella!! Love the vid, but try rev matching on your down shifts, not only does it save the clutch, but you can shift down quicker and it won't jolt when you disengage the clutch.
  36. Goldie Jon

My Cosmic EP3

Any pics Scott? Took me a while to get used to the DC, I sold mine as was due to sell car, but I actually prefer the standard exhaust and just have the induction.
  37. Goldie Jon

Yeah lol. It's just as quick as the ctr, but I drove it the other day and now have to keep it. Yeah my mate has the spoon n1 and unsilenced b pipe. It's way too loud for me.
  38. Goldie Jon

Lol, i've decided to keep my ctr now and will be buying another unsilenced b pipe haha
  39. Goldie Jon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlxC8hbGAJY My old unsilenced b pipe
  40. Goldie Jon

No idea with the de-cat bud, but cat back sounded ace. Wouldn't have thought so. The dc are £400 delivered to your door from funky or abp.
  41. Goldie Jon

Who said anything about a de-cat??
  42. Goldie Jon

DC Sports, sounds the tits!
  43. Goldie Jon

New car, R32 Golf, V6 ftw. Launch control vid PG13.

Looks nice mike, love that colour. Always preferred the ed30 GTI to the R32 though.
  44. Goldie Jon

Scruffy's DC2

Love it Scruffy!!
  45. Goldie Jon

upgrading my exhaust

I'd go for the DC sports. I loved mine.
  46. Goldie Jon

R8byb

R8BYB is on CTRO mate.
  47. Goldie Jon

Bennyctr's Premier Cosmic Ep3

Looks great. Nice car fella
  48. Goldie Jon

my golf (nippy)

Sweet golf. Sounds like a diesel at Idle.
  49. Goldie Jon

Goldie Jon's Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI

Also fitted a 24mm Whiteline rear anti roll bar.
  50. Goldie Jon

Ok today was remap day. Graph is below. The slight dip is due to a surge at max torque on the rollers, on the road is smooth as hell and pulls right up to 4.5k instead of the usual 3.5k-4k. Easily as quick in a straight line as my ep3. 49mpg down and 44mpg home. :)
  51. Goldie Jon

DC Sports Catback Exhaust with DC Exhaust Header

The DC Catback does come with a bung. As above.
  52. Goldie Jon

Grinding noise when engine braking

Mine does it, my mates does it. Live with it. Same as that weird noise when starting from cold. Everyone gets it.
  53. Goldie Jon

Supersprint B Pipe

Go onto YouTube type in whitewolfdrums. That's my channel and find supersprint b pipe runs there are two vids.
  54. Goldie Jon

Ste's new motor

Good vid there mate. Always love to see some aggressive gear changes!
  55. Goldie Jon

I had a scorpion cat back on my vrs made a bit of noise. The run we had last year had 20 Honda's at 30 mph before entering the tunnels then all engaging vtec. Don't think my cupra with a Decat and miltek would be heard. Haha.
  56. Goldie Jon

He has got the bug yes mate! Haha. I want to see that exhaust fitted before this meet. You'll be going through the tunnels!! My silent diesel will be the camera car haha.
  57. Goldie Jon

Ben yeah GTI 00 is his username on here. Yeah he loves it. He currently has a spoon n1, unsilenced b pipe, and it booked in for sports cat and manifold :) he's coming on the next meet :) The grooved are better when they get hot, good for fast road and trackdays. Watch out for drilled though...
  58. Goldie Jon

Yeah will sort it out soon. Will be looking at beginning of April. Will get a thread up pretty soon. The brakes are very good. I can't tell much difference from standard to be honest. They look cool though. They were £160 all in including Mintex pads from brake depot.
  59. Goldie Jon

Haha yes indeed mate. Full tank would get me 300 miles without any vtec. 250 with a few blasts. I once drained a tank in 170 miles. When I fitted the tegiwa :)
  60. Goldie Jon

I will be when it does. Currently waiting for v5 to swap private plate then it's up for sale. Just had grooves disks and new pads all round and full service at grinspeed. I'll still be doing the spring an summer runs as usual so you'll see it then mate.
  61. Goldie Jon

I know for the spec its a lot of car for the money. My mum had a 1.2 version too. I learnt to drive in it years ago. Had no problems at all. Which made me buy the cupra. :)
  62. Goldie Jon

I only do 20 miles a day but with my hills it's like doing 50-60 on the flat. Costing me a fortune. Planning on a whiteline rear anti roll bar, eibach springs for a subtle drop, better tyres and a new set of disks and pads. I paid £5.5k for it. 71k, Full seat service history. Just had new...
  63. Goldie Jon

Cheers mate. It will be a bit of a sleeper once 10th March is here :)
  64. Goldie Jon

Cheers mate
  65. Goldie Jon

Booked in 10th March for mapping with Will at P-Torque. Hoping for 200bhp and 300+ ft/lbs.
  66. Goldie Jon

After a stint in a Cosmic CTR, I've decided I needed to get back into a diesel. After owning a Fabia vRS for 3 years back in my late teens, I decided to go back to VAG. The civic has been great, but its costing a lot to run. Due to sell the Civic once I get the V5 for the seat and swap the...
  67. Goldie Jon

Eibach Pro Springs, Fitting and GEO for around £253, good price?

Have you seen the size of Demon Tweeks before? Its huge. Its like the Toys R Us of Motorsport/Modifying parts. I'll say again. I paid £263 for eibachs, fitting, fitting of camber arms and bolts, and the FRSU.
  68. Goldie Jon

Picture Request - Your EP3 on ABP or Eibach Pro springs...

Slow down then. If you're scrapping on standard set up, there is something wrong :)
  69. Goldie Jon

Picture Request - Your EP3 on ABP or Eibach Pro springs...

I've got the Pro Kit. Softer than standard, ride is much better. I've got a DC Sports catback, and don't scrape at all.
  70. Goldie Jon

Who does Trackdays in their EP3?

I was quite surprised how good they. Coupled with a full frsu it grips like anything. I'm going to be tracking this year I will buying another full set. Well impressed with them. As said above coilovers are for track only. They ruined my last car... And my back.
  71. Goldie Jon

Who does Trackdays in their EP3?

I run Hankook V12's on my civic. I've done a fair few meets, and fast runs round the EVO triangle. They are great in both dry and wet. Side walls are a tad soft, but they have lasted me a long time. Track day tyres are awesome, but all depends on how deep the pocket is.
  72. Goldie Jon

FoCuSN70's FD6

Looks awesome! Love the wheels.
  73. Goldie Jon

Type R private plates

Yes 105 includes putting the plate on retention then the fee to put on new car.
  74. Goldie Jon

The only pic I could get. Will take more this weekend but you get the idea.
  75. Goldie Jon

Best budget cat back system for EP3

My dc sports exhaust has literally just been delivered from funky power :)
  76. Goldie Jon

That's for two. I paid around £20 for two bushes and two bolts. If you look it says 'qty 2'
  77. Goldie Jon

Lol I'm sure I told you in the Xmas day pm's. From that link you need part 18 x 2. And part 8 x 2. Two bolts and two bushes. The bolts are prone to seizing. Worth replacing anyway.
  78. Goldie Jon

Lol. Your telling me! I haven't measured mine. If you want to wait until the weekend I will take some pictures for you.
  79. Goldie Jon

Devil just buy the pro kit! Lol If you're worried about kerbs and bumps the pro kit is ideal because it's only lowers by about 10-15mm. The abp sportline lowers around 25mm I'd rather have a better ride, and not catch the car of every bump than slam it just for looks. Been there done that.
  80. Goldie Jon

new ep3 owners few niggles

Does it on my car, does it on mates. I wouldn't worry about it.
  81. Goldie Jon

heater failure

Sweet. Bad time for resistor to go down! Good job it's sorted.
  82. Goldie Jon

Its up to you. I find the standard springs a bit crashy, these new ones have bed in nicely, and are softer than standard.
  83. Goldie Jon

Alright mate, Not heard from you in a while!! Things alright?
  84. Goldie Jon

Yes its worth it. The FRSU it best suited when the car is lower. That's why I got mine done. What would you be saving your money for?
  85. Goldie Jon

One report of failure. These new gold ones look a bit more robust.
  86. Goldie Jon

heater failure

Have you checked the resistor which sits behind the glove box?
  87. Goldie Jon

How loud is the unsilenced ss b pipe?

Jesus 96 db at a static :) think I might pop over to Anglesey and get them to test it. Dc cat back might be on the cards
  88. Goldie Jon

How loud is the unsilenced ss b pipe?

I'm playing on doing some track days next year but I'm thinking that the supersprint b pipe is too loud. It's the unsilenced one. Any one know what kind of db it will pull with a oem back box? Have been searching for 15 mins and can't find what I need. Thanks Jon
  89. Goldie Jon

A standard EP3.

That looks great!! I'm another who steps 2 yards down the road and its covered in sh*t again!
  90. Goldie Jon

AD54M CH EP3. Small update :D

Looks nice fella, as above i'd sort the plate out though.
  91. Goldie Jon

Cheers Chris. The D2 camber adjusters aren't the normal purple ones. They are gold and black, and they look much more stronger.
  92. Goldie Jon

Right went today. Got in for 8:30, and came out at 4pm. The rear bottom strut bolts were seized, so I had to buy new bolts and bushes before fitment. This took most of the time. At 3pm it was on the alignment machine Along with the springs I fitted d2 rear camber arms and eibach camber bolts...
  93. Goldie Jon

Rear shock bolts were seized. Picking new ones up from Honda today then going to re-book for maybe Sat. I will keep you updated.
  94. Goldie Jon

30th Anniversary Honda Civic Type R

Looks really nice mate. Love the white wheels too
  95. Goldie Jon

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

I love this car. Brakes looks awesome behind those wheels.
  96. Goldie Jon

Bennyctr's Premier Cosmic Ep3

Looks very nice mate.
  97. Goldie Jon

Lowering on Eibachs

They are usually pretty good to be fair. Had numerous work done by these guys and always seem to be competitive. Even when I was back in the VAG scene, they always beat companies like Awesome GTI on fitting prices.
Back