• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. newannaive

Stone's Fast Road/ Track EP3 Type R

Thats more than what I sold it for...lol...and you sold the kpro :smt062 The mileage will always dictate the value sadly, thats why you're finding out you'll get more stripping it. Hope you get what you want from it though dude. :)
  2. newannaive

Just out of interest how much were you advertising it for?
  3. newannaive

Where did you try to sell it?, didn't see it on the forums. It's a shame it's being stripped but if you have to do it, needs must. I've enjoyed watching your progress with it.
  4. newannaive

Sad to hear you may be getting rid James. I keep checking in to see how she's getting on. You've got a good one there, and still looks fantastic thanks to your hard work.
  5. newannaive

I want it back !! Looks awesome James. You've really freshened it up loads.
  6. newannaive

Thats a shame about the kpro, its really one of the best mods for a ctr...even a standard one. I had it on the car when it was standard for over a year, brilliant difference to mid range. The second map I had done that would have been on it when you bought it had been on there for a few years...
  7. newannaive

Hi Mate, This is indeed my old EP3. Sooo happy to see it is still being used...I actually tried to buy it back from Solidsquare but he'd already sold it. Does it not have a kpro anymore..? The valve clearances were last done by me at around 120k, and quite regularly previous to that. It had...
  8. newannaive

Solidsquare's NHB EP3 - Back In an R :D

Glad you like it James. Was just chuffed someone who is going to use it bought it tbh. You should definitely track it btw...as often as possible. :)
  9. newannaive

Akina's EG5. Haters welcome

joe likes this....alot.
  10. newannaive

My DC2. Haters please assemble at Pg87

I like the bolt spraying best. Little details...
  11. newannaive

Akina's EG5. Haters welcome

Great thread, great car. Loves it...
  12. newannaive

Tegiwa wheel nuts ordered..? Or staying with standard items..? If your oem ones are silver they might look a bit funny, I know mine did when I first had the slipstreams, in a "something not quite right" stylee...
  13. newannaive

:lol: Goth > Emo. I jest. Will look awesome no doubt...with added tread pattern bling.
  14. newannaive

E got bossed. Nice work. Red wheels on a black car. flol
  15. newannaive

Suits' JDM S2000

I'm your white knight. Love dat guy.
  16. newannaive

Buy it anyway, and keep it un-fitted in the house like you would a feels manifold or such like.
  17. newannaive

Becca's 245bhp NHB EP3 & UKDM DC2...

ssshhhhhh
  18. newannaive

cure some slight poke

You'd probably need less than -1deg to tuck that wheel in, it's not that bad. For the price of camber bolts and a bit of geo you might as well just get it done
  19. newannaive

Great write up. :)
  20. newannaive

General wear and tear can be a killer to something as edgy as a type r imo and can ruin the drive of the car massively...but when everything works perfectly it all makes sense again. My car was only on 75k or so when I went through everything...
  21. newannaive

mmm polybushes. Did you lose interest for a while or something rodan..? Seem to remember you thinking of changing cars but now you're full steam ahead again. I did that...
  22. newannaive

I love everything you just said, makes me want to go out in the car for a blast and break lots of laws and stuff. A "set up" car is lovely to drive at all times. Whats next?
  23. newannaive

Most excellent update. I never expected it tbh, I thought you were just all about the bling.
  24. newannaive

Newan's 52 NHB. Type R number 1

Few more clips... I'm at 2m25s in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AkU_fFP5fE&feature=share and in this video at 2m6s, 15m40s, 22m34s, 23m27s, 24m17s and then from 25m10s to the end is all me baby, see if you can spot the wtf moment.. :lol...
  25. newannaive

You're always welcome back dude, there's a space with your name on it whenever you wish. It was really hot, everyone got sunburnt and boostfags were struggling which was win for us. ;)
  26. newannaive

few more pics....bit samey samey but never mind. :p and a pretty cool shot.
  27. newannaive

few vids... ..against the black GT4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNH4uRuw5ko something big with boost http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqvSP5Qhw-U rx7 with a 5.7V8 conversion @ 50secs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECYAOPLCxlY
  28. newannaive

We had our local Racewars day yesterday, and it was epic. If you haven't seen any of my pics vids before, it is just an event we do on a short stretch of airfield now and again to raise money for local charities, and also to have a good time. Everyone knows each other and everyone is up for the...
  29. newannaive

m1ke's CW FL DC5. No wait, CW JDM DC2, No wait, JRSC EP3, No wait CRV M3 FN2.....

Focus ST..? Might be the comfort/performance package you are after..?
  30. newannaive

Mainly megs APC and lots of different brushes etc mate, and then a few different vinyl/rubber dressings...tbh it hasn't been done for a long time now and could do with a refresh.
  31. newannaive

It's not rare for husky's to have different coloured eyes, unlike ep3's. Some husky's have brown eyes and some have white/blue eyes and some have one of each for the lulz. :)
  32. newannaive

I used to have 2 but one blew so just put the old one back in months ago. I don't really drive it at night anymore so forgot, and never expected it to show up in daytime photo's..:lol: Ah well, it's a tribute to my dog.. :)
  33. newannaive

2 I think, another one next sunday and oulton park in sept and they should be done by then I think.
  34. newannaive

Decent "Fast-Road" tyres...? And size?

This..^ Also, contisport3, hankook rs2, potenza re040 and 050, pe2's, eagle f1 asymm. All good road tyres..
  35. newannaive

Federal RSR mate. Just under 100quid a tyre, in a 215/45/17. [/IMG]
  36. newannaive

I received my photo's last night, they came out really well. I love getting them through and seeing how the car looks on the ragged edge...it doesn't look half as dramatic as it does in the drivers seat though :lol:
  37. newannaive

Tegiwa kit for EP3 is amazing (Gruppe M is better)

They both sound gay.
  38. newannaive

Free stuff, awesome.
  39. newannaive

Thanks Patterson.
  40. newannaive

Thanks nick...I came away with a couple of small issues but nothing serious (touch wood) and I have my favourite event of the year in 2 weeks, Racewars, my 5th year running..can't wait to be a proper little chav again :lol:
  41. newannaive

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1TVSTkAXg
  42. newannaive

Had my geo set up done and went to Llandow circuit on saturday and had an awesome time. The car handles beautifully and is so easy to oversteer and re-catch..it's epic. It was a cracking day, dry from morning until early evening so made the most of it and got as much time on track as i could...
  43. newannaive

Well after my brake problems, my good friend carlos sorted me out, and helped fit, some mint front oem calipers. They were shot blasted but not painted as we just wanted to get everything fitted and working. We got there in the end and this weekend I started cleaning down for Llandow next...
  44. newannaive

Your tyre reviews

Get yourself a set of federal RSR's dotty....epic tyres.
  45. newannaive

Your tyre reviews

fvcking lol
  46. newannaive

.: Faith's Satin Silver Type R - Rare ARC Goodie Added 6/7 :.

I do like that colour on the cam cover...looks well smart. What is it called, bronze or something..?
  47. newannaive

Air filter element advice

Soak it in hot soapy water, run it under the hot tap until no more crap comes out of it, then rinse it throughly under the cold tap....then squeeze it out and give it the windmill treatment outside to get most of the moisture out of it...then leave it on a warm radiator or in the airing cupboard...
  48. newannaive

Possible missfire/hesitantcy type r civic

There is a specific temp it must be below, can't remember what that is though. It can be done the same day if they wait for the temp to drop.
  49. newannaive

It's not a difficult job to do, but I wouldn't be able to tell you how. Honda don't charge that much, think it's an hour labour not sure. If your friend can get the correct clearance specs and remembers to do it on a stone cold engine then he'll have no probs doing it I expect.
  50. newannaive

Could just be valve clearances then dude, they are supposed to be done every 25k. Could also just be a dirty idle air control valve, might be worth cleaning that as well.
  51. newannaive

Does it do it when cold and still do it when the engine is hot/up to temp..? No engine management light on the dash..? What mileage is on it, when were the plugs last done..? the valve clearances last done..? I'd check all the intake piping and sensors first, make sure that is all in order...
  52. newannaive

JamesT's Premier EP3...

Yeah, it takes a speshul kind of effort to follow through with it, thats for sure.
  53. newannaive

JamesT's Premier EP3...

You'd be surprised how many people fit it the wrong way round...it.s not uncommon. Looks nice, best colour etc
  54. newannaive

FN2 Civic Type R Clutch noise

could be, or could just be one of your pulley's, belt tensioner etc..spray them with wd40 with the engine running and see if the noise changes/goes away
  55. newannaive

Gear box oil ATR

Not sure if it's the same for the ATR, but for the K20 transmissions, a gear oil is the wrong fluid to put in your gearbox. There is a nice write up on Mfactory's website about gear oil/transmission fluids. If you were I, I'd use honda MTF and sleep easy... :)
  56. newannaive

bhp question??? please share your knowledge

Name me a tuner who hasn't had that and I'll tell you a story about them...all of them have had their issues in the past, anyone who picks one out of the hat is just showing favouritism. There's no guarantee's...pick the one that suits you best and cross your fingers imo...
  57. newannaive

My 2007 FN2

Was tempted with one of these for my EP3 but couldn't talk myself into it, what made you decide on them in the end..?
  58. newannaive

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

Is the alarm a clifford by any chance..?
  59. newannaive

Stuart's Cosmic EP3, Picture update

You can only get the 17" drifts in a 9" can't you..?
  60. newannaive

astra vxr/ civic type r ep3

It will feel, and be, alot quicker.
  61. newannaive

torque damper?

I just told you, front and rear mounts are an hour or so labour at any garage...I'm afraid I don't know your local garages labour rate so i can't give exact figures. Gearbox mount can be done easy at home, remove airbox, lean in engine bay and undo some stuff...simples.
  62. newannaive

torque damper?

It does, oem mounts suck balls.
  63. newannaive

torque damper?

Front and rear inserts are an hour or so labour at any garage, gearbox mount can be done on the drive with a couple of spanners (the metal kind, not the useless mates kind)
  64. newannaive

torque damper?

Inserts are a better option, front back and gearbox. Vibes aren't too bad, doesn't completely eliminate wheel hop like a proper kit would, but it is a vast improvement over stock.
  65. newannaive

Bmc cda! Do not buy these!

pictures of the bmc fitted to your car please, including caf setup. You're not one of those dudes that bent the caf round 180deg to make it a front facing air feed are you..? ftr, I had a bmc kit and it didn't last long on my car either, so I'm with you on that...but am interested to see how...
  66. newannaive

Bushes???

Ring stevie at Eightspeed and order some superpro polybushes. He does the kit for the whole car or in any combination you want.
  67. newannaive

Weird clutch feeling as bring it up

Theres a thread on here somewhere that describes the symptons and causes for clutch issues.
  68. newannaive

So I got my baffle fitted in the end, and got to the bottom of a brake problem I have had since Oulton park. Fitted my Federal RSR's, new discs, front calipers, pads and new fluids all round. Went to curborough sprint circuit for a day out and ended up having all conditions thrown at me...
  69. newannaive

Just put on an aem v2 ... my thoughts

Volume = bhpz. Srsly though, I had a mate who had a blitz sonic on his ctr years ago and it sounded mortal (shameless geordie shore quip, why aye). They make gruppe m's and the like sound tame.
  70. newannaive

Just put on an aem v2 ... my thoughts

Basic rule of thumb with any induction kit is, the louder it is the better it is.
  71. newannaive

What do people think of pipercross viper/venom for ep3 type r??

I heard they make more gains than a gruppe m does, they did tests you know.
  72. newannaive

DC5 CAI on an EP3 + Velocity stack or custom induction piping.

dual funnel stylee, so when I cut a frikkin great hole in my bumper it will suck in the whole atmosphere in 1 huge gulp
  73. newannaive

You bought an apexi yet dean...? Will be getting one soon... :)
  74. newannaive

I have the stack and K+N on my aem cai, you will need to trim a good inch or more off the filter end of the pipework. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Newannaive/imag0106s.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Newannaive/DSC00924.jpg...
  75. newannaive

Knock in steering

You sure it's not the tie rods..? All racks have the same issues, they're just a crap design.
  76. newannaive

is there much difference?

They are both similarly ineffective, so either one will be fine.
  77. newannaive

This dont look right??

Is it parked on a flat surface..? Are those 2 different tyres..? Looks like one is alot newer than the other as well, must handle like a bitch.
  78. newannaive

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Launched

Cool, they released those quicker than i thought they would, and only 14quid a corner more than the 3's. Continental make some proper awesome tyres now and I'm suprised more CTR owners don't run them tbh. The 3's score 90 and 84 % dry and wet performance but the 5's are 100 and 95 respectively...
  79. newannaive

Have been waiting for them to be released in a CTR friendly size mate but not sure they are yet. Will be able to get them for the FN2 and FD2, but they only released them in 18" and 19" to start with. If they are now out in a 215/45/17 then yes, get them. They will be epic...but undoubtedly...
  80. newannaive

If you do require a tyre that performs in both wet and dry conditions equally as well, then the continental contisport 3's are the tyres for you. You won't get anything better for the CTR imo. The eagle's weren't all that, sidewall was too soft also imo.
  81. newannaive

Forget performance... best SOUNDING induction?

The gruppe m sounds gay imo...took mine off and sold it due to the noise. The aem cai is better. But as said several times, gains aside, the blitz sonic is the most unique sounding kit on the CTR imo, frikkin crazy yamaha r1 sounding thing.
  82. newannaive

Driving... Shocks / Bushes... Advice Please?

steering rack slider and tie rod ends could probably do with changing, also check cv joints and wheel bearings.
  83. newannaive

Didn't think a whole lot to the 1's tbh. Hankook RS2's were much better. I only care about the dry though.
  84. newannaive

Type R Number 6

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Type-R-EP3-Recaro-special-edition-seats-/250810363840?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a65766fc0 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JDM-CIVIC-TYPE-R-EP3-ANNIVERSARY-RECARO-SEATS-RAILS-/230608762134?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b15a7516...
  85. newannaive

Type R Number 6

ebay prices. Might just be be the red recaro's that would fetch 900 on ebay, and the prem recaros 700 ish...? They are usually 650+ on ctro..but the mats clear 150 on ebay quite often. Red mats are ridiculous money.
  86. newannaive

Type R Number 6

ebay the recaro's, gruppe m, jdm carpet, matts and doorcards....forum the rest. For maximum profit. I can't sort anything on ctro mate, I'm just a pawn...no powerz
  87. newannaive

Type R Number 6

Gruppe M - £400 Custom exhaust (no idea what it is to be honest, it's loud!) - £200 J's Racing front strut - £125 Eibach springs - £80 Camber arms (need to check on brand) - £50 Premier Recaro seats - £900 JDM red carpet - £220 JDM red matts - £150 Facelift door cards - £125 Mugen gear knob -...
  88. newannaive

Type R Number 6

no pics = no props
  89. newannaive

Integra DC5 - Dyno video page 3

Cracking set of pics there, the last one with the road winding away from you is sweet. :)
  90. newannaive

DC5 Type R Number 3 - Another J's exhaust ordered lol wut

Condata Ecu - ecu not included
  91. newannaive

The baffle sits in the sump and stops the oil surging when you are pulling massif G's through the corners y0. You should really get one if you do any track work, but I've held off until i got some track orientated tyres which is when you really should have one as cornering speeds will be alot...
  92. newannaive

Got the tyres today, they look pretty good. Just waiting for my oil now and she's going in.... :cool: They have more of a cut then 888's etc, but they're certainly more purposeful than what I've been using til now. chuffed :D
Back