• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Guy

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

I would recommend track day Insurance if your concerned, accidents can happen through no fault of your own, buying a £1,000 car can be a good option.
  2. Guy

Fast road pads? red or green stuff?

Those who have recommended the DS2500 are not wrong, I took the advice and used them on a track day, incrediable braking with OEM discs.
  3. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Just done a track day with the Ferodo ds2500 pads which were awsome so thanks for all the feedback. There were loads of Honda's down at Snetterton today from another owners club however 1 ended up on a flatbed after crashing heavily and written off (s2000)
  4. Guy

EP3 tyre advice needed

I run 205 40 17 yokohama parada 2 and happy with them as well as the cost.
  5. Guy

Tyres sizes for track?

Price wise 16" are generally more expensive than 17" which is more common, 55 in my view would be a high profile so maybe look at a 50 series, price wise Yokohama or Toyo are good brands its really up to you how much budget you have, I run Yokohama Parada 2 which are fine.
  6. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Funny you mentioning those disks on ebay as I bought them in a stupid mindset that drilled grooved were good and got mislead on the ad thinking the disks were brembo which they are not. Put them on and they were a mile out of balance so sent them back and went for OEM disks which are fine, used...
  7. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Are the ferodo 2500 pads good for road driving as well as track?
  8. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Cheers all, will run F2500 and go from there.
  9. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

I could change the lines it's just budget really Dotty, had a look and think I will go with ferodo 2500 which are more than i really wanted to spend but will go with the views on here, they must be a vast improvement over std brembo pads. Any advice on brake fluid?
  10. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Thanks for all the advice I never considered ferodos so will look into this, I want to stick to the std disk as only just bought them so will try new ferodos pads or maybe yellow ebc. I don't want to change brake lines really, am running dot 4 fluid do I need to upgrade this on std set up with...
  11. Guy

EBC pads - which ones?

Just need some advise on brakes, have just done a track day with standard OEM brand new disks and brembo std pads, on excessive heat I was getting the brake pedal pulsating, once cooled down they were fine again. I dont think the dics are the issue so have drawn it down to the pads not able to...
  12. Guy

Ferrari Race Car stolen from Norwich

Feel so sorry for this owner hence posting: http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/did_thieves_steal_170_000_ferrari_racing_car_to_order_1_1688826
  13. Guy

How much Fuel, Trackday CTR ?

Interesting you mention M3 drivers not having a clue, one time I went the 3 series (95 N reg with fake M badges) was thrown of the track by the marshals for blocking a faster car, (he was weaving down the straight), what a plank!
  14. Guy

Yep there all good points, are you saying non drilled/grooved discs are better with say ebc pads?
  15. Guy

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It looks ok and 5 door may sell better than 3dr appealing to those who have kids, the back end for me is the issue as it was with the FN2 just not into big arses!
  16. Guy

Hi Rich, I would say 2 tanks which is what I use around Snetterton, if you can get it into 5th or even 6th gear on the straight it helps with the mpg...to afford a beer in the evening. Running Toyo 888 will give you a huge advantage.
  17. Guy

Any track days coming up

Forgot to ask Lottie, any idea when the Snetterton one will be next year, also what is the average cost and how do Pit garages work?, passengers were free when I came in 2009 is this still the case? Cheers :)
  18. Guy

Any track days coming up

Will def come along for the Snetterton one next year in the Puma
  19. Guy

Your tyre reviews

Even at double the price?, am I really going drop seconds of a lap time chaps?
  20. Guy

Your tyre reviews

In a bit of a dilema after doing a track day on my Yokohama Parada's as I need some more tyres now, do I stick with these at £44 or would you spend double the money and go for the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 Performance Road & Track Tyre, am I really going to feel double the value as my budget is...
  21. Guy

Your tyre reviews

Already bought a set for the rear but could go different on the front, what rubber would you recommend?
  22. Guy

From a "Type R" to a "Type S"

Really impressed with your car, nice to see someone bringing one close to a type r look/spec.
  23. Guy

Your tyre reviews

I have to hold my hands up that until this year I would buy the cheapest tyres going, budget makes that would make those on this forum cry. This all changes when I bought a Puma track day car, I took it round Snetterton as I bought it intially with some Autogrip tyres which had good tread on...
  24. Guy

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Good luck with the new car Tony, shame you have moved away from Honda but can see nothing really fitting what you wanted within budget, just stay away from Busseys!:smt047. Ford in Ludham provide good service and are cheaper :)
  25. Guy

Summed it up well, I know how you feel, the knock at the door and Ben running through his latest car venture while Harry tries to knock you over were legendary, each time I see a white DC5 or black Fiesta ST I just wish he were behind the wheel giving the usual flash and thumbs up :( Hope you...
  26. Guy

Just catching up on the site, sad to see you're still parting with the DC5 which must be a difficult decision and taking all the parts off you've spent ages putting on.
  27. Guy

Track Day Tyre Wear

If you upgraded from a 15" wheel to 17" lowering the profile of the tyre would this make any difference on track?
  28. Guy

Not sure this is a winner Rossy!
  29. Guy

Hid Kit Which Kit do i need ???

With bulbs moving so fast is it really worth the hassle to fit an HID kit over say the Philips Blue Vision Extreme bulbs?
  30. Guy

how about a Honda Accord 2.2 CTDI ?
  31. Guy

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

] Speaking off taking random bits from different cars are those alloys not the 04/05 Civic Sport 16" jobs?
  32. Guy

Hatton now featuring on my car, I have purchased the stickers but im not good with end dates hence put "HATTON" in top right of windscreen as he did on his car :) DC5 is sweet Tony, I remember the day you went up with Ben he was just as excited as you were getting it!
  33. Guy

2004 CTR 79k, whats its worth???

£5.5k sounds fair but non aircon models worth less :)
  34. Guy

FN2 EP3 to FN2

Thats a good point made as it is now possible to get an FN2 for sub 9k however interesting that EP3 's Premier models are holding their value so well. If your going to move up it appears now is the best time maximising the EP3 sale and the reduced price of the FN2. The gearbox syncro seems to...
  35. Guy

FN2 EP3 to FN2

Umm, its something I agonise over whether to go for the FN2 however visually it just looks wrong for me, overweight might be the right word. and that rear spoiler through the middle of the window is a dreadful Fail. The Golf GTI and even Astra Sri for me just look so much better but I am Honda...
  36. Guy

Civic Type R EP3 Touring car spoiler

You be better of burning the £750 ,at least it will keep you warm for a minute
  37. Guy

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

This does not bode well :(
  38. Guy

EP3 Honda UK announce Civic Type R Mugen 200

I really want to like this car but.....At £38,599 for the one Piston Heads tested its just not worth a glance,http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=22078 I would go for the standard type r and be happy with the £18K saving.:)
  39. Guy

Sprayed centre of dash

I was just about to slate this post at the idea of a halfords spray job...but this is pretty good fella :)
  40. Guy

Seat bushes

Suprised you needed to take the seat out as its not really required, it is an observation exercise by winding up the seat height adjuster so you can then see which nut/bolt has movement when rocking the seat, there are at least two nuts/bolts on each side of the seat that need tightening, one is...
  41. Guy

Manifold for a civic sport

Tend to agree with the comments above, its a waste of money trying to get more power from it therefore just save for the Type R, if you have done the spoiler and wheels thats about as far as you need to go. Re-sale will be much easier in standard form power wise fella.
  42. Guy

DC2 DB8 DC5 My Integra dilemma

See where your coming from Ben but for me its like buying a Ferrari in any other car bar Rosso Red, it just has to be red for a Ferrari and these command the best prices. The Teg is no different IMO, has to championship white although NHB would be a close second. Then there is your car, its...
  43. Guy

Seat bushes

You don't need to take the seat out, if you wind the height adjuster up you can get at the nuts with a rachet, its only the handbrake console that needs removing really.
  44. Guy

Seat bushes

There are 3 bolts each side of the seat, two are for the seat height adjuster, there is not much room to get at the bolts but I would tighten them all. The centre console does need to come out but this is easy with two screws each side and then just lifts up. If your really stuck I can take a...
  45. Guy

Seat bushes

I know what you mean... Had the same problem on my EP2, Honda quoted £120 which is essentially to tighten the seat brackets on either side as I found out. Its not the bolts holding the frame to the floor, its the bolts holding the frame to the seat, you need to take out the centre console...
  46. Guy

Am i mad looking at 4-5k EP3's - got one now

5k will easily get you onto an early type r, don't worry about mileage as long as it has a good history. Gearboxes appear to be the main issue to look out for as the bearings go.
  47. Guy

Type R Seats ( NO AIR BAGS) in my Civic Sport. HELP !!!

Fireworks on here!, Unless there is a law passed that we are unaware of there is nothing stopping someone from adding Type R parts to a Sport although I would not swap the badges. People on this forum are fantastic so if you come on with some attitude you have to be prepared to get some back.
  48. Guy

EP3 Honda UK announce Civic Type R Mugen 200

Its always been the back end that has put me off the FN2 but this does look tidy with the round exhausts and I do like the double spoiler, having said that visability out of the rear with the single one is bad so the double one will see you reversing with the door open! Its good to see Honda...
  49. Guy

What do you think of this? CRX siR > UPDATE 475 miles later...

Seems crazy money to me when you could as some have said have an early type r or even the Jordan limited edition. At 2K I can half see the sense but not at these prices however I wish you all the best as it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing:)
  50. Guy

Air Con

I think wether you use air con or not its better to buy with from a resale point of view, non aircon models are harder to shift.
  51. Guy

My honda civic 1.6 sport (type r replica)

Nice car fella and agree with you that putting the red badge and not the type R on is the way to go. The Sport was at least marketed by Honda as an alternative to the Type R with the bodykit and lower running costs so I see no harm in adding the red badge. The worst senarios are cars that have...
  52. Guy

NSX Pre-sale detail, loads of pics, sorry

Thats the nicest NSX I have seen, love the mods and its the pop up light version...ummmm
  53. Guy

Sport

Any owner with the Sport needs to do two things IMO, lose the rubbish bit of plastic they called a spoiler and fit the type R one and also upgrade to 17" Penta alloys or Type R, one thing I would not do is take of the sport logos trying to signify its a type R.
  54. Guy

Aero Wiper blades

Yep, have them on my car, pretty good although go for a brand make like Bosch otherwise they squeak and judder if cheap o's
  55. Guy

Help - alarm messed up

If you disconnect the battery it wont change anything on the ECU unless Phase 1 are different to phase 2 models.
  56. Guy

Pirates black ep3

I'd proberbly be wondering why the whole car was re-sprayed (unless you did it), alarm bells? , looks good though.
  57. Guy

Keeno's project teg - SOLD :(

How much are the Jazz washer jets Keeno?
  58. Guy

Rattling from rear solved

A night under your car Paul is what most girls dream off, still at least we solved the common heat shield rattles from cat and driveshaft.
  59. Guy

LED illumination in dash cubby hole

I've angled the light to one side to get round the brightness, you can cover part of the light with insullating tape if you want it dimmer. Happy to post them out Stu, PM me fella.
  60. Guy

EP3 De-rear wiper

I suppose the only issue Mark is where you stop as you could get really hung up on the weight and start removing door cards,front wiper motor and end up with a rolling shell !!!:rolleyes:
  61. Guy

LED illumination in dash cubby hole

After seeing the DC5 has a led illumination near the drinks holders it got me thinking on the Civic, so I decided to add this effect into the cubby hole in the dash but also will add to the drinks holders in the centre console at some point, here how it turned out.. Led fitted by using a...
  62. Guy

Facelift Alarm Fob

I have checked (honest!) and its not there, I need to do mine hence looked here first but no luck, it may be that it can be done without the dealer involved but not stated in handbook that I can see.
  63. Guy

Facelift Alarm Fob

Just looked through my manual and it has no advice on re-programming other than to consult the Main Dealer.
  64. Guy

The red H badge ruined by the new Civic!

For me the "Type R" badge is the main one and not the red H, maybe Honda think the same way on the new Civic...
  65. Guy

EP3 De-rear wiper

Fair statment IMO, even if it was a track car its still helpful to have. Reminds me of low spec cars in the 80's where the rear wiper was an optional extra therefore people will look at you thinking you skimped so much on the car that you could'nt afford the rear wiper. :eek:
  66. Guy

Civic Badge

Not if it was repaired by the Insurance company or settled privately, am sure its just a badge removal tho:rolleyes:
  67. Guy

Civic Badge

Another reason is possibly its had a rear end accident in its life and they didn't replace the Civic badge, dont mean to worry you there !
  68. Guy

2003 Diesel Civic

True words said, Im not going to justify my car but if he is set on a type R look then the Sport (53 plate onwards) would have suited him far better to what he is trying to acheive, the only reason not to buy a type r is insurance I guess but Tony's right its alot of hassle for sh*t.:smt047
  69. Guy

would a Civic type R back box exhaust fit on my civic sport???

I think there both the same box (twin pipe) so any upgraded box stated for the type R should fit, someone correct me if Im wrong though... :)
  70. Guy

Im going to have to mine now as this looks great :)
  71. Guy

Superb car Tony, setting the mark where all DC5 owners are aiming for.
  72. Guy

GUTTED........gearbox bearing

Quite worrying all these reports of gearbox bearings, seems a 50/50 chance a new clutch will solve the issue.
  73. Guy

caliper painting

Anyone got a pic of silver calipers on EP3 to compare?
  74. Guy

Euro Car Parts - Clutch

I used them once for an abs sensor on the Fiesta which was £45 compared to Frauds wanting £132, they also seem to know their stuff in their as well. :)
  75. Guy

Discs/Pads rubbing.

If the cars been sitting around for a while then it sounds like there sticking so a strip down of the caliper and a clean is required, if the pads have less than a quarter of there life then go for new pads which should solve it. :)
  76. Guy

Hatton's Integra DC5

Ben realising the dreams come true....
  77. Guy

Hatton's Integra DC5

I'd date you honey.....
  78. Guy

Hatton's Integra DC5

The Exhaust fetish continues!! An excited Paul!
  79. Guy

80. Guy

Hatton's Integra DC5

The hot news in Norfolk today was "Hatton' loves Teg", umm I thought I better take a look... On arrival this is what I found, Ben giving his new love head... After getting him away from it here are some more pics of this fantastic car...
  81. Guy

My NightHawk CTR

NHB, arguably the best colour, enjoy :)
  82. Guy

What is this rattleing / Knocking noise Coming from the rear of my EP3??

The Forum is crawling with rattles on the EP3 one wonders how it stays together, heat shields and exhaust appear to be common.
  83. Guy

why can't people park

Its not like there no spaces on the road, loads on the other side, best thing to do once he's moved is follow him home and block his drive :)
  84. Guy

Rear badge

Still expensive for a badge which cost about a fiver to make, facelift ones you need to go to Honda really and pay
  85. Guy

would a honda civic sport 1.6 clutch fit a civic type r

Agree with Eddy OEM or specalist perfromance clutch the best option, shop around for the OEM clutch as they do vary in price, as for fitting again Honda would be my choice rather than a non franchise garage.
  86. Guy

EP3 fitting fog lights on ep3

Sorry to go back to the yellow fogs as opposed to answering the wiring question but can you not buy a yellow paint/cover specific to changing them from white if already fitted? Like this...
  87. Guy

Changing STD head Unit to Honda Sat Nav Unit

Anyone specifically fitted one of these units and what leads I need?
  88. Guy

Cheers, understand its not a great unit but from a cost view point and hooking up the cd changer its fine for me, any more info appreciated! :)
  89. Guy

Decided I want to change the head unit over as prefer the double Din ones, the unit I can buy has no leads so can someone tell me where to get these from (other than Honda ) and what is required. If I decide that I dont want to hook up the sat nav would the unit work on the existing leads...
  90. Guy

CTR 54 - Horrid noise from engine bay!! HELP :(

Personally I would,nt let them near the car again as they appear clueless, where in Fakenham are they sending it, Daves backstreet cash in hand yard?? For me its either Holden Honda or my money back, dreadful the way you;ve been treated mate.
  91. Guy

If anyone had asked me is buying a car from the value centre a good call , I would have said run a mile from what I know of them...this doesn't help you of course. If the car has a fault then you can reject it under consumer trades act, i would take it to Holden Honda and get them to diagnose...
  92. Guy

Just keeps getting better....
  93. Guy

Fantastic mods Keano, although I would say enhancements really. I can't remember the standard configiration of the rear light set up but yours looks fine and I would doubt it is an MOT failure. Great car Keano, home made parcel shelf next :)
  94. Guy

Spare Key

Try E bay for the remote part as there cheaper than honda but make sure you match up the coding on the back, Key will need to be Honda only.
  95. Guy

You can run glue around the edging to refit it, saves spending the £100 quid, heat tape is another trick used for exhausts.
  96. Guy

The bloke at the value car centre buys most of his stock from Norwich Auction and then sticks between a grand and 1500 mark up, as said he;s helpful to sell the car but not for any return visits I hear. Used to work at Rover as a mechanic and heat shields were a constant annoyance on Honda...
  97. Guy

Nice car there Dan, think I saw it at work assuming your at Broadland NU, did you get the car from a dealer locally?
  98. Guy

its not a type r. . . but i am a member lol

Loved the 106 GTI and 306 but the 206 just never did it for me, as for Peugeots cars now they just seem to have lost their way.
  99. Guy

Wife's Type S

I always felt this engine should have gone in the Sport 3 door to bridge the gap to the type R, nice to hear fitting the Sat Nav was easy, do i assume once you have the fitting kit it is simply a case of plugging in and fitting back in to dash?
  100. Guy

Anyone bought these?

Agree with Ben not worth it and will prob show signs of wear quickly, better to go for genuine Honda ones ;)
Back