• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Ultim8_Evil

Which Header??? DC5

I went for the DC. Good gains, sounds great, looks gorgeous (too good to be hidden). Can't see the point in shelling out the extra 330 for something that's a bit of an unknown quantity atm.
  2. Ultim8_Evil

1/4 Mile Times

Looks like I got my work cut out for me then :( LSD next methinks.
  3. Ultim8_Evil

Washer jets

See my sig :cool:
  4. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 Free K&N Apollo Induction Kit

Suprised no-one has jumped at this opportunity given that TDI North is also in Warrington and you could kill 2 birds with one stone.
  5. Ultim8_Evil

Any idea of a price?

Around 6 grand, perhaps 6 and a half if you find the right buyer.
  6. Ultim8_Evil

Tyre Seal Gel.

If you really must remove it, why not drive to the place of racing then take it out when you get there?
  7. Ultim8_Evil

Tyre Seal Gel.

Would they be the same Lupo's that haven't been made since early 2005?:lol:
  8. Ultim8_Evil

A question

I think I'll be sticking with the "tried and tested" JRSC kit tbh.
  9. Ultim8_Evil

A question

With my car in its current state of tune (see my sig) how much will it cost for a JRSC kit fully fitted all in inc VAT etc?
  10. Ultim8_Evil

1/4 Mile Times

Civic Type-R EP3 (The good one) Mods: 4-2-1 DC Sports Race Manifold (Decat) Unsilenced Supersprint B-Pipe Magnex Twin 3" Backbox AEM CAI V1 KPRO Polyurethane Engine Mounts Tarox G88 Disks Mintex Xtreme Pads Goodridge Braided Steel Brakelines DOT 5.1 High Temp Brake Fluid Silkolene...
  11. Ultim8_Evil

RWYB April 1st

*BUMP* for tomorrow! Still no takers?
  12. Ultim8_Evil

Air filter dirty !!!!!!

How long are the cleaning intervals? I reckon mine has been on for about 10-12,000 miles now. Should I be cleaning it around now? It's the dry-flo one not the pre-oiled one.
  13. Ultim8_Evil

HOT Bedford Autodrome 23 May 2007

Doesn't a bung = less power?
  14. Ultim8_Evil

Is this going too far??

What a d*ck! I hope he gets stuck behind a gritter :twisted: Lol
  15. Ultim8_Evil

sound clip please.

Check the specs of my car in my sig, that what you're after? If you click HERE you can see some videos I've put of my car on YouTube. It's reasonably quiet under 3k but insane after 4k. It also drones like hell at 60mph but cruise at 75-80 and you're fine.
  16. Ultim8_Evil

Petrol, Constantly filling up!

Yeah same here, usually between 180-220... never more than 260-280, even with motorway runs. Thats the price you pay for being surrounded by A and B roads I suppose :twisted:
  17. Ultim8_Evil

HOT Bedford Autodrome 23 May 2007

With a CAI V1, 4-2-1 decat, unsilenced centre section and Magnex Twin 3", what do you think that chances of me passing the sound check are? I'd probably be up for this if I could get on.
  18. Ultim8_Evil

RWYB April 1st

Anyone going? I have to be up at 4 in the morning to take my parents to the airport so I might as well stay in my car a bit longer and pootle down to Northants to kill my clutch. Now's the time to go, cool temps but (hopefully) dry and not as busy as in the summer.
  19. Ultim8_Evil

Could I get this fixed under warranty?

Booked in for Friday 30th for a Warranty Repair :cool: External bulbs are consumables, internals aren't, apparently. Plus the fact, I told the woman at the Service Desk that I'd gladly pay for the bulb. Lol
  20. Ultim8_Evil

Could I get this fixed under warranty?

The bulb that lights up my Heated Rear Screen Button has blown :evil: Whilst I know it's "only a bulb" I don't fancy tearing my centre console apart to fix it if Honda will do it for me. Car has 11 months warranty remaining. Will they laugh me out of the dealership?
  21. Ultim8_Evil

Spoon B-Pipe

Unless you're a Spoon whore, there's no point in shelling out for a spoon B-Pipe. Get an identically sized Supersprint one (you can get an unsilenced model, like I have) and save your money. It's only a length of mandrel bent stainless steel pipe. 65mm IIRC.
  22. Ultim8_Evil

DOT 5 Brake Fluid

We OK using DOT 5 silicone brake fluid in EP3's?
  23. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 Any pics with 19s on?

This man speaks the truth. When I had to change my backbox (standard one blew its baffles) I got the Magnex Twin 3" to make it as close to the original as possible. And the nicest wheels I've ever seen on a CTR are the standard ones imho. Superleggeras are OK though.
  24. Ultim8_Evil

reputation leaving

H4x0Rz
  25. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 A letter sent in to Auto Express re: The FN2

Letter "I've been planning to buy a hot hatch, and after reading your test, decided the Honda Civic Type-R was the one to go for. But when i visited my dealer, I found I couldn't order my favourite shade - white. I saw the prototype in that colour at the 2006 British International Motor Show...
  26. Ultim8_Evil

reputation leaving

Some people have too much time on their hands Just noticed this feature and seen my rep. -5 "Ultim8_Evil wants to be Harbourmaster" ROFLMAO!!!11!1 :rolleyes: Impressive
  27. Ultim8_Evil

Starter motor noise

My car has always done this ever since I got it. Happens about 1 in every 3 or 4 starts. I'd imagine seeing as it's been doing it for so long and that so many people have the same problem, it's not causing any damge and is just yet another quirk of CTR ownership :D
  28. Ultim8_Evil

What sounds better ?

I have a 4-2-1 manifold, unsilenced B-pipe and Magnex twin 3" backbox and it sounds :twisted:
  29. Ultim8_Evil

new front brakes

I had EBC Turbogroove disks and Greenstuff pads on my 90bhp 1.8 sierra and still managed to crack them. They were *****. Stay away, but a better brand or stick with OEM.
  30. Ultim8_Evil

ek9 engine oil

Oilman has Silkolene Pro-S 5w40 on offer for the next 2 weeks. That'd be your best bet mate.
  31. Ultim8_Evil

Rear bumper cost

I don't know what you're doing all this shopping round for matey. If my car was damaged through someone elses fault and they were paying, I'd probably try to find the dearest place just out of spite.;)
  32. Ultim8_Evil

Engine torque damper

Already have poly engine mounts mate.
  33. Ultim8_Evil

Which strut brace for use with A/C?

I had also heard that anything but point to point is just for underbonnet bling and doesnt do anything.
  34. Ultim8_Evil

Which strut brace for use with A/C?

My CTR has A/C. From what I understand, this makes fitting a point-2-point struct brace a bit more difficult. I haven't got (and don't intend to get) a GruppeM kit so that isn't a problem. If I can help it, I really don't want to be rerouting brake reservoirs and A/C pipes. What do the...
  35. Ultim8_Evil

Engine torque damper

Which is the "best" ETD and why? Spoon? J's? Other makes? How much would I be looking at paying for one?
  36. Ultim8_Evil

Honda Element

Isn't that Postman Pat powersliding his way around Greendale?
  37. Ultim8_Evil

How well does launch control work..

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can change your rev-limiter and VTEC point unless you're mapping it at the time or really know what you're doing. I'd imagine it'd keep itself set at whatever your mate has it set to. A lot of pre-made maps comes with the software, just download it...
  38. Ultim8_Evil

You could just use the cold-air map. Launch control only works under about 3-5mph so it doesn't affect any driving. There's no point in setting it much higher than 3500 because you can still light the tyres up in 2nd or once you're past 3-5mph as you get the full 8600 then. It's not...
  39. Ultim8_Evil

Launch control on KPRO is great 8) Mines set to 3500 atm, which is just right for getting a small amount of spin on a bone dry grippy road. Not much use for wet roads, but then why would you be hard launching in the wet anyway? For all the extra goodies that KPRO provides, I'd go for it...
  40. Ultim8_Evil

Just gone through 40,000 miles....

Lol, and I keep worrying about mine having done 18.5k :oops:
  41. Ultim8_Evil

My car, my mods and my dyno run

New Mods: Tarox Frenitalia G88 discs Mintex Xtreme Pads Goodridge Braided Hoses DOT 5 Silicone fluid Toyo T1-R's 215/40/17 :twisted:
  42. Ultim8_Evil

Anyone tried 99 ron at Tesco

Tesco 99 isn't true super. It's blended with bio-ethanol in small amounts to give it the characteristics of 99 octane. I used to use it but then swapped to V-Power... never looked back.
  43. Ultim8_Evil

OH GOOD GOD!

It's quite quiet under 3000 really. Insane after that though.
  44. Ultim8_Evil

Flip-out DVD players... HELP!

I know nothing about stereos. Can someone recommend a good headunit that will work with the bog standard Honda speakers with a flip-out DVD screen and MP3 capability? DAB and a TV tuner would also be nice. Budget for around 350-450 Thanks in advance
  45. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 AutoCar's verdict

Even Auto Express picked up on the torsion bar :? To me, Honda always meant "Even if it works, fiddle with it an if necessary, over-engineer it just to make a point" Now it seems that a torsion bar "will do". Maybe you're right, the same things are getting repeated by people who haven't...
  46. Ultim8_Evil

Sold my CTR on the weekend

Parkers reckons even for part-ex you should have been taking around the 12.5k region. You wuz robbed mate :(
  47. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 AutoCar's verdict

Surely the production of a good "more raw" variant shouldn't rest on the original being a pile of toss? I've no doubt that the new CTR will sell and sell and sell... just not to the same people who bought the EP3.
  48. Ultim8_Evil

Does Oilman still frequent this forum?

Rang this evening. The bloke who deals with sales wasn't in but he's ringing me in the morning. Looks like £73 quid including postage for 2 gallons of Sylkolene Pro-S, which sounds like a bargain to me :)
  49. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 AutoCar's verdict

CTR Trophy or CTR Cup like Renault did with the Clio. Less is more to some people, Honda would do well to remember that. Does anyone else remember the poster in dealerships a few years ago that basically said "We put the gearstick in the dashboard coz it's better and we're great for...
  50. Ultim8_Evil

OH GOOD GOD!

Ah yes, deep puddles, my arch nemesis. Although as for metal induction chambers, with a 4-2-1 race manifold, no cat and a straight through centre section, I rarely hear my AEM :D
  51. Ultim8_Evil

OH GOOD GOD!

But is it 300 quid better than an AEM V1 CAI? ;)
  52. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 AutoCar's verdict

Those big comfy armrests and silly USS Enterprise dashboards aren't light matey :)
  53. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 This week's Auto Express magazine

Someone please move this, I forgot we have a "New CTR" section now. :oops:
  54. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 This week's Auto Express magazine

Full road test and comparison of the new CTR. "A world apart from it's predecessor, which looked like a racing bread van" How two faced? I seem to remember Auto Express creaming their trousers when the EP3 came out. How times change. 1st - New CTR 2nd - New Cooper S 3rd - Focus ST2...
  55. Ultim8_Evil

Does Oilman still frequent this forum?

Does Oilman still pop on here now and then? Could do with a "friendly" price on 2 gallons of Silkolene Pro-S 5w-40 :wink:
  56. Ultim8_Evil

New mods fitted today

Well, after a month of bedding in, gotta say that they're fantastic. Feels like I can stop on a sixpence from any speed... probably not a good think from a safety aspect :lol: Highly recommended to anyone thinking of replacing their brakes.
  57. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 Why you all so anti?

QFT And back to the topic. The Type-R badge originally meant to symbolise pure, stripped down, performance engineering... not armrests, climate control, ESP and comfy chairs. If you want these, go buy a mondeo ghia.
  58. Ultim8_Evil

JDM CTR question

Is it just 5th and 6th that are shorter on JDM gearboxes or 4th too?
  59. Ultim8_Evil

Approx value of...

... 4 standard CTR alloys. 2 have "good" tyres" 2 have "ok" tyres 1 wheel is "kurbed" Don't know more details than this. Theres a bloke trying to sell some for his lad at work and I'm toying with the idea of getting them powdercoated.
  60. Ultim8_Evil

How easy is it...

...to take a doorpad off? Are there any single-use clips/fixtures that I should know about before attacking the job?
  61. Ultim8_Evil

Timing/Cam Belt or Chain?

Timing chain is designed to pretty much outlast the rest of the engine.
  62. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 The 2007 Type r Brochure

142lb/ft? Thats less then the EP3 :?
  63. Ultim8_Evil

das tech chip?????

Get KPRO :twisted: It really is that good!
  64. Ultim8_Evil

New mods fitted today

Not properly bedded in yet really, but so far very good :D
  65. Ultim8_Evil

A response to my other thread... (UPDATE)

Just the let everyone know, everything is still hunky dory tickety boo with my car :D
  66. Ultim8_Evil

CH1 Advice on decent tyres for the ATR

Admittedly, the sidewall isn't what it could be, but the T1R is a spiffing tyre in the wet.
  67. Ultim8_Evil

New mods fitted today

Me and my mate spent the best part of 5 hours (with brews and a KFC break) fitting Tarox Frenitalia G88 40 Groove disks, Mintex Xtreme pads, Goodridge braided steel hoses and Dot 5.1 Fluid today. Obviously nothings bedded in properly yet, but :twisted: nonetheless.
  68. Ultim8_Evil

Fitting new front disks and pads

Is there anything of note different with the CTR when changing front disks and pads in comparison to other cars? Or is it just standard procedure? Haynes don't do a Type-R manual :x
  69. Ultim8_Evil

Goodridge braided steel brake lines

How hard are they to fit? Any how-to's anywhere?
  70. Ultim8_Evil

Traders sections

But CTRO is a lot busier than here and people make use of a lot more sections than just General Chat and a few others.
  71. Ultim8_Evil

Millers Octane booster at TDi North

Anyone used it? I've got a mate who does stock car racing and he swears by it. Obviously there's a bit of difference between my engine and an F1 V8, but as I have no cat, I can use 2 bottles along with Shell V-Power to get a RON of about 103-104 :lol: Pointless?
  72. Ultim8_Evil

Turbo or Supercharge?

Sell it and spend the money on a faster car to start with. :lol: And now, answers from other people.....
  73. Ultim8_Evil

Spoon Springs

Sh1t handling and uneven tyre wear.
  74. Ultim8_Evil

I need new brakes! :/

Nothing like a bit of overkill ;)
  75. Ultim8_Evil

I need new brakes! :/

Tarox G88's ;)
  76. Ultim8_Evil

Refurb kit for alarm fob

Are these pre-facelift keyfobs then?
  77. Ultim8_Evil

CTR vs GTI mkV

Chipped GTi's usually run around 240. My last dyno was 237 and a CTR weighs about 200kg less. I'd give him a run for his money.
  78. Ultim8_Evil

True or False? 2005 Edition Civic Type-R with 220 BHP

Not found the tray and pen yet then?
  79. Ultim8_Evil

No, everything is being sorted by Paul thankfully. We've pretty much ruled out anything at my end as I've been driving round with the slave KPRO ecu for weeks with no problems. If there was anything to do with my car that could have wrecked the ecu, it would also have wrecked the slave one...
  80. Ultim8_Evil

Seems like the company who do the KPRO conversion (NOT TDI NORTH) are saying my ECU is fried and I'm going to need another one :( They've unsoldered it all and tried a new KPRO unit on it and it still won't have it. Off to TDi North on monday afternoon for a new ECU, new KPRO and key...
  81. Ultim8_Evil

Make sure you tell him that we told you about it and demand that you receive one. It's only fair. Make a scene in the dealership if you have to! Good luck.
  82. Ultim8_Evil

There should be a tray and a pen there somewhere. Have another look.
  83. Ultim8_Evil

CTR vs GTI mkV

Which is exactly what Tiff Needell said about the CTR when comparing it to the Focus RS and Seat nLeon CUpra all those years ago :wink: There's a video of it somewhere.
  84. Ultim8_Evil

CTR vs GTI mkV

CTR. Golf weighs as much as a small planet.
  85. Ultim8_Evil

After having this thread locked because of pointless bickering, I just thought I'd let those who care know that the fault is a loose solder joint and is being sent back to the electronics company that does both CPL and TDi's KPRO conversions. So the people who flamed TDi North without knowing...
  86. Ultim8_Evil

Fault with car... quick reply needed

Had my own ECU put back in on Saturday to replace the one I was loaned by Paul at TDi North. Managed to drive the 30 miles home from his garage with no problems but when I came to start the car again, the engine light came on and the car won't rev over 4000. Tried plugging in the USB lead and...
  87. Ultim8_Evil

Re: mods I'd get KPRO done when you've finished all your mods... it really puts the icing on the cake.
  88. Ultim8_Evil

A bit of maths...

Got my 215/40/17 Toyo T1R's sat in the boot waiting for someone to fit them for something other than daylight robbery. Still in dire need of G88 disks, Ferodo/Red Stuff pads and Goodridge lines tho :shock: Charger is going to be next summers project... hopefully my clutch will have worn by...
  89. Ultim8_Evil

Re: abp I havn't bothered tbh. I want to spend my money on power, transmission and braking mods before I start doing little fine-tuning tweaks like that. Got a massive shopping list to get through before Fast Road Setups.
  90. Ultim8_Evil

A bit of maths...

Did we go to Leeds then? I have no sense of direction other than north and south. The only place names I saw were Skipton and Harrogate :oops:
  91. Ultim8_Evil

A bit of maths...

I don't think I've ever been anywhere near Leeds intentionally, so I ain't got a clue what we're on about now, lol.
  92. Ultim8_Evil

A bit of maths...

OK, now I am lost.
  93. Ultim8_Evil

I don't know, they did it all at the same time as the manifold and I just left the car with them for the whole afternoon so I don't know how long they spent on each item. Think the mounts were 25 quid themselves but don't know what they charged for fitting. Manifold, manifold gasket...
  94. Ultim8_Evil

A bit of maths...

Which car in Leeds?
  95. Ultim8_Evil

Engine mounts were done by ABP when they fitted the manifold. My VTEC point is 4500 @ WOT
  96. Ultim8_Evil

What b-pipe for a Spoon N1?

It's not too bad really. No-one's ever commented until the Yorkshire meet. OK, it screams when you're pressing-on, but it you're just tootling round, droppin it into 5th or 6th kills the noise.
Back