• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Rcb

First CTR/vtec - advice on looking after the engine?

Check the oil regularly, never rev it past 3k when it's cold (remember just because the water temp is warm doesn't mean the oil temp is - oil takes longer to warm) In my experience the K20 engines really are happy to take a lot of abuse as long as serviced correctly My 2005 EP3 I owned for 3...
  2. Rcb

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

Car is looking good mate. Not liking the green engine cove to be honest though :( You bored without the sound of the AEM?
  3. Rcb

What tyres?

Had them on the car for around 500-1000 miles and a few weeks...I love them. Grip to the road perfect. In the wet they seem to be a bit slippy but as long as you don't VTEC in bad conditions they are fine. I would definitely reccomend them. I think they grip better than my old Potenzas used to...
  4. Rcb

My Ep3

Nice, get an AEM CAI though, you will notice a big difference in performance over the typhoon. Car looks clean though mate!
  5. Rcb

What tyres?

Thanks mate. Tyre detail: Yokohama Parada Spec 2 215/40 R17 W (83) * 4 ;) £65 each, bargain aswell. Hope they grip as well as people make out! Cheers for all your help.
  6. Rcb

What tyres?

Anyone?
  7. Rcb

What tyres?

I don't like the potenzas..the whole car tramlines with them on! :( Not sure what size to go for now, 215s, 205s, 40s 45s? What differences in the way it drives? And looks?
  8. Rcb

My Evo 8! now forsale pg23

Erm that flies!
  9. Rcb

Shell FuelSave

Same in the Midlands :lol:
  10. Rcb

Sport w/ Type-S 2.0 Engine??

Floor it, if there is a big kick at 6000 rpm you probably have a K20a in there
  11. Rcb

What tyres?

I'm mega confused now Do I go for 215/40, 205/40, 205/45 or 215/45? Lol
  12. Rcb

What tyres?

So 215/45? Can you fit 215/40s on the rims?
  13. Rcb

What tyres?

My other problem aswell is...what tyre size do I go for? What will look best on a lowered EP3?
  14. Rcb

What tyres?

The yokahamas seem to be cheaper aswell..I think I will go for them as I've only heard good things about them. And I don't care about the wet, I never drive fast when it's wet - as long as they are fine at normal speeds.
  15. Rcb

What tyres?

Apparently their side wall is too soft for the ep3...just from what I've read So you reccomend them?
  16. Rcb

What tyres?

From what I read on CTRO toyos are a waste of money..but I loved them on my previous car! Stuck like glue in the dry.
  17. Rcb

What tyres?

I had a thread up on CTRO but not heard much... Now the first question is, 205 or 215? Any difference in handling or is it purely just looks? Second question, which make? I want most importantly dry grip, I don't push it in the wet but I don't want it to be dangerous and still give me some...
  18. Rcb

Lucky escape...!

Drove over to Leicester today which is about an 80 mile round trip and no problems. Not used any oil either. Looks like I was lucky, my mate has offered to pay for a new engine though :lol:
  19. Rcb

Lucky escape...!

Let my mate drive my EP3 tonight. He's never driven anything VTEC before but he was very much enjoying it coming from a turbo, he says how much more involving it is. Anyway, after about 15 minutes into his drive we approached a roundabout, at about 70ish for some reason he plonked it straight...
  20. Rcb

MPG

Recently fitted an AEM CAI (swapped my old AEM V2 for it) and my fuel consumption has got better, I just managed 250 miles to a tank which is the most I've ever got. Cold air is the only reason I can think of, rather than sucking up warm air.
  21. Rcb

Type R number 7 - NHB 30th AE *Updated mod list Pg 1'

Nice Stu, really want a Gruppe M myself. Getting bored with heatsoak from the AEM V2 now
  22. Rcb

Gruppe M, the sound of car sex..

Can you notice the differnece in acceleration?
  23. Rcb

Very very poor mpg 15mpg

Warm weather = less efficient burn, shouldn't cause THAT low mpg though
  24. Rcb

Steering - something making a noise

Could be top mounts mate
  25. Rcb

Lack of tec?

Can't believe a dealer put some crap oil in your type r!
  26. Rcb

CH1 Using loads of oil????

A lightened flywheel won't make it burn more oil mate, what mileage is the car on? Get someone to drive behind you whilst you VTEC it and if its burning oil it will pour out blue
  27. Rcb

MPG

I've never got more than 250 miles to a tank. Average around 180-210.
  28. Rcb

Sad to see it go :(

Can you get something as reliable, fun to drive etc for 5 grand or less? Is it worth selling for 5k? Might be worth keeping it mate
  29. Rcb

FN2 Heads up… Gruppe M for FN2

Lol, I can't see how they make a kit that isn't like a straight "plug n play" such as all the other filters, AEM, K+N etc etc...they are basically selling an incomplete kit. A product that, on its' own, is useless.
  30. Rcb

D.I.Y Paint Correction

Can you give me a link to the items you bought mate? My mate is selling his 1992 106 and the paint is er..terrible to say the least, he said I could experiment on that as hes scrapping it in a few months
  31. Rcb

D.I.Y Paint Correction

**** me what a difference, I'd love to be able to do this, how did you learn what to do? How much did the set up cost?
  32. Rcb

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

Cars looking good mate.
  33. Rcb

Tegiwa imports carbon fibre airbox

Yeh it seems silly to make a product without everything you need to fit it :laugh: Imagine if companies sold speakers with no wires etc
  34. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Hows the CAI?
  35. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Very fiddly but once you know what to do it's a piece of **** really
  36. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Here are the pics, sorry if some are crap, the camera really can't do justice to the lights... Took the car for a drive again, nice empty roads on a dry night.. I can't believe how well it handles as standard, handles twice as good as my old RX8 did and any other car I've owned, can't wait to...
  37. Rcb

Can you confirm what the kit will come with Tegiwa? Will it have the modded scuttle, SFS hoses etc?
  38. Rcb

Best air intake kit for ep3?

I had an AEM CAI (no shield) on my old RX8 which sat very close to the ground, it got wet but never had any troubles, that included driving through many puddles (not always intentionally) and mildly flooded roads... I would reccomend getting a shield though
  39. Rcb

As soon as Tegiwa get their next batch in with everything needed I will be purchasing one to replace my AEM V2...
  40. Rcb

Sonnyp's NHB CTR :D

Nice car mate, Pipercross will probably loose a few bhp but will make you feel like you are going faster = more fun ;)
  41. Rcb

Newan's 52 NHB. Type R number 1

Great car, great thread. Just read through it all, fair play!
  42. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Just ordered some 8k HID's from the group buy ..can't wait to fit them, the EP3 has crap lights as standard! Night time driving down dark roads is crap, hopefully this will be improved now!
  43. Rcb

Who is the bird stu, sort a brother out? :laugh: I've just ordered a set off HIDs myself from the group buy, should get them in the enxt few days..can't wait after looking at the reflection in the day!
  44. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Cheers mate...yeh just waiting for the call from Honda, I dropped it off first thing so that they hopefully got it done sooner. Good service from them so far to be honest, I got there and he remembered my name from last week :cool:
  45. Rcb

Fuel Light ON!!

The fuel light comes on when you have over a gallon left in..I'd say at least 35-40 miles if driven average
  46. Rcb

Best air intake kit for ep3?

Best is either the Gruppe M or ARC airbox If you want the Gruppe M but don't want the price, look into the Tegiwa, it's almost an exact copy If you just want sound and don't mind about power, look at the K+N Typhoon or AEM V2, both are open cone filters that sit in the engine bay and both...
  47. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Cheers guys. At first I wasn't too keen on the way the single pipe looked either, but now it's definitely grown on me and it doesn't scream "aftermarket" like it would if it was a bigger jap can etc. I definitely think it's one of the best exhausts you can get for the car :thumbs: and the...
  48. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Fair enough, which weekend you next free on? Let me know..no hurries mate
  49. Rcb

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

Exhaust next mate? I said I wasn't going to but i heard a Spoon in real life and couldn't say no when one turned up local :lol:
  50. Rcb

My new toy, JDM Track Teg

Very nice! Bet that shifts!
  51. Rcb

My NHB EP3

It's going to Honda tomorrow to fix the window (http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?69381-HELP!!-Window-won-t-shut) Hopefully that should be done in a few hours, I've got Wednesday off work aswell, you free Weds?
  52. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Now with Spoon N1 backbox :twisted: Quick vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7O41CdD9YE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icPJtYPoI6A
  53. Rcb

K pro

Whys that Chris?
  54. Rcb

EP3 De-rear wiper

:lol: :lol: :lol: Legendary
  55. Rcb

Stu, are these from that group buy? I was looking at a set off these, was just worried at how easy they are to fit? Very close to buying a set..
  56. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Some quick pics from my phone of the badges gone and the Spoon N1:
  57. Rcb

Suits' JDM S2000

Sorry mate, I meant how much extra power does the JDM have over the UKDM version?
  58. Rcb

My Milano EP3 now 259.6bhp :)

Nice one mate, so can you feel it pulling better? I think my minds made up now, definitely ***** get one soon!
  59. Rcb

My Milano EP3 now 259.6bhp :)

Hi mate I have the AEM V2 at the moment, can you notice a difference between it and the tegiwa ? Sound? Heat soak? Overall performance?
  60. Rcb

Spoon N1 fitted...

Standard..it's just the backbox I have
  61. Rcb

Spoon N1 fitted...

Loving the sound etc but... When just before VTEC around 5-6k I can hear a kind of whistling sound, is this normal? Or is it me picking faults with it being paranoid? :lol:
  62. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Yeh that's what I'm looking for..if one pops up anyway...
  63. Rcb

Fitted Spoon N1 and a bit disappointed

I have a Spoon N1, the sound is great, not sure what your prob is to be honest mate lol
  64. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Yeh I know it picks up hot air but it sounds good :lol: as soon as a Gruppe M or copy pops up in the classifieds I will be buying it ... Just got back from picking up my Spoon N1, got it fitted now too, sound is amazing, can no longer hear the AEM ! :lol: :lol: Pics to fllow but it's...
  65. Rcb

HELP!! Window won't shut

Thanks for the help everyone.
  66. Rcb

Suits' JDM S2000

Looks lovely, fair play, how much extra power does it have over the UKDM?
  67. Rcb

HELP!! Window won't shut

You gotta link? ***** attempt to do some kind of bodge in a few mins
  68. Rcb

HELP!! Window won't shut

To be honest I'm really ****ed off that the dealership won't help, what's the point in having a warranty if they won't honour it and expect me to leave my car unsafe until next week, and can't even give me a courtesy car to drive the 50 miles home from there!?
  69. Rcb

HELP!! Window won't shut

Luckily the car came with a 3 month warranty. So I phoned the dealership, they said they'd "phone me straight back" at 9 o clock, at 10:20 they phone and say they have no availability to look at it today or tomorrow or saturday. I said what can I do then, my car is not safe, the window is...
  70. Rcb

HELP!! Window won't shut

Hi all, Was just out n about in the Civic with the window down. When I pressed up on the window control it went up, got to the top and made one allmighty BOOM sound, went straight back down and now won't do anything, so it's stuck open Any ideas what happened and how to fix it? Luckily it's...
  71. Rcb

My NHB EP3

The Scoob is my old mans and Clio sport is my brothers, so yeh sibling rivalry I suppose! :lol: I will get a CAI once I see one pop up, or maybe even the gruppe m copy, but for now the V2 will do the job that I want which is purely just to sound good!
  72. Rcb

My NHB EP3

Picked it up just over a week ago and just got some pics after a very quick hose down :) And a quick vid, need a decent video recorder, the sound has come out crap! :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrrAuJBZks4 Hope you enjoy
  73. Rcb

NHB EP3 - Swirly

Absolutely typical, a bird came along and **** on my car, now this was no ordinary bird, judging from it's **** this bird must have been the size of a flying tank!! I have no pics of the incident, but do have pics after a very quick hose down :)...
  74. Rcb

NHB EP3 - Swirly

You sunburnt Joe? My neck and arms are red as ****!
  75. Rcb

NHB EP3 - Swirly

Careful mate, he watches UFC :lol: Top marks to Joe, done a great job.
  76. Rcb

NHB EP3 - Swirly

Cheers again mate, top man top work! :thumbs:
  77. Rcb

E46 BMW M3 build up

Nice motor mate, my next car is either en E46 M3 or a Boxster S 3.2..gotta go German I think!
  78. Rcb

Your AEM questions answered.

Mine also rests on a piece of metal, I think it is to do with the gears and when changing gears sometimes it is clunky now I'm saving for a Gruppe M, this will do me for a bit but in the hot weather the heatsoak is noticeable.
  79. Rcb

Anyone handy with a machine polisher?

Hi guys I have just bought a new black EP3, the cars in very good condition but there are a few scratches and swirl marks so i was wondering if I paid someone would they be able to machine polish my Civic? I'm in Solihull but will travel! Cheers!
  80. Rcb

Any young CTR drivers?

I'm 20 and drive a 231 RX8 at the minute...will be getting an EP3 in a few weeks though.
  81. Rcb

CTR @ 20

Got a quote for £1750 fully comp on a CTR worth 8k :cool: just need to find the car now
  82. Rcb

CTR @ 20

Adrian flux say £4500, sky insurance said not until I'm 21 :( running out of ideas apart from buy a banger to save money till my 21st :confused:
  83. Rcb

CTR @ 20

Just tried elephant..they're scam artists..quoted me £2600 cheers for that dotty will try ringing up some companies now.
  84. Rcb

CTR @ 20

Put my mom on who is over 50 with 30 years driving exp full ncb with my nextdoor neighbour who has same background as my mom and it came to 2250 with admiral, they having a giraffe :lol:
  85. Rcb

CTR @ 20

Ok cheers Joe il give them a go now
  86. Rcb

CTR @ 20

The time has come..insurance on my MR2 is up at the weekend..where has the last year gone I really couldn't tell you... Anyway...been looking about, I want a 55 reg premier in red or black and I think 8k is the going price for a good one? Ive now done quotes on confused.com, tesco, bell...
  87. Rcb

CTR @ 20

Stu - I'm not buying till Jan/feb!:(
  88. Rcb

CTR @ 20

With the credit crunch n all that, as im sure you're all aware, the prices of ep3s have dropped dramatically! I wish to take full advantage of this...however the circumstances for insurance are: 20 yrs old license for 3 years 1 years ncb no points no claims good postcode area I know there...
  89. Rcb

Type r has packed up?

Time to do an insurance job mate ;)
  90. Rcb

Rev Limiter..

The limiter is there to stop issues I know many people that abuse their cars on the limiter every day and as long as the engine is warmed up (in my opinion) you will be ok. Althouth obviously it's best not to hit it!
  91. Rcb

S2000 Turbo part 2

Love the way that looks, bet it surprises a lot :)
  92. Rcb

My CTR , JDM ARB etc

That looks stunning imo :cool:
  93. Rcb

Members only section

Possibly a good idea, but it may make some "lower" class members feel left out
  94. Rcb

Neily's car

Heard good things about rear ARB's on the Skoda's :cool:
  95. Rcb

FN2 Saw a bronze FN2

I saw a milano red one a few days ago, once you see one on the road Im sure you will warm to it, has a real road presence
  96. Rcb

My Black Gold 182

Nice car mate, look mint in the flesh these do
  97. Rcb

My CTR is booked in at Honda

What so it's not had an oil change in 91k? :eek: :lol: at asking for a camber adjustment for free :lol:
  98. Rcb

Your tyre reviews

Not really a review just a short summary of the Hankook sport tyres... (205/45/17) Had them on my car 3 months now, terrible in the wet, slides all over the place!! Not too bad in the dry though, wish I had paid a bit extra and got some new Continentals like what came on the car when it was new!
  99. Rcb

Guide to lowering...(long shot)

A Rover Tomcat? I know roughly what to do as I did my ZR with a mate, but to be totally sure is there a guide around on how to do this, guna help my mate do his on Saturday....cheers!
  100. Rcb

Ouch - be careful potential DC5 owners...

Terrible, not only did he try it once but he tried it a second time and denied all knowledge again :evil:
Back