• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. -=Stella Artois=-

Problem with Rage Alloys

I had the same issue, but solved it by painting them white. :cool:
  2. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Window Tints for FN2

I did the lower part of mine with the same spray on tint that you can do rear lights with, worked a treat on the plastic part.
  3. -=Stella Artois=-

Nurburg trip

Remove the second http// from the link and it displays
  4. -=Stella Artois=-

INSANE quote just received.

Try swiftsure, they beat my sons best quote by 60% 1800 down to 500!!
  5. -=Stella Artois=-

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Looks sweet Tone..... :twisted:
  6. -=Stella Artois=-

New Type R 5 spoke alloys on older type R

Sorry no, I just lent them to a mate so that his EP3 would clear the rollers on the rolling road a while back, only snap I got.
  7. -=Stella Artois=-

New Type R 5 spoke alloys on older type R

The 19's suit it IMO.
  8. -=Stella Artois=-

De-badged - how to remove ghosting marks/dirt from around badge

Pop over and I'll PC it off Ian. Just give us a shout if you need. Marc
  9. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Hondata Group N ECU.

To replace the ECU, all that is required, is the removal of the plastic cover that encases the ECU, this is removed by unclipping it from the two plastic mounting points at the lower front edge and lifting it clear. To enable you to lift the casing off, you have to release the fuse box from its...
  10. -=Stella Artois=-

Dipping the clutch?

What he's a door handle?
  11. -=Stella Artois=-

4 Hours and Shares in Meguires.

Nice day, so Millie got a shine. Thank God for sunny days and a Porter Cable. Time for a beer. :cool:
  12. -=Stella Artois=-

My new Civic Type R

A wise choice sir, congratulations.
  13. -=Stella Artois=-

FD2 boot release latch

See if the cable has come detached from the rear of the lever, or broke off. Otherwise check behind the centre panel in the boot to see if the cable or mechanism is loose there.
  14. -=Stella Artois=-

Starter Civic..?

Get a life son, Its lyrics from the Jam not that gay twig waiving gimp.
  15. -=Stella Artois=-

Starter Civic..?

Easy tiger, don't be throwing them kind of idea's in his head - Modding one car in the family is costly enough, I can't afford to do his as well. :lol:
  16. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Hondata Group N ECU.

Only under load, so if you boot it the light comes on. If you're cruising it stays out.
  17. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 De-Cat

Yes, I had it with the standard ECU and the Group N .
  18. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 De-Cat

As I said on the other site - You seem to have the only problem. Maybe its not compatible with the HKS, with the Milltek it seems fine. Just my thoughts.
  19. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 De-Cat

No ECU light with mine. Did you not get the O2 sim too? old link autoupdated There's the sound of mine.
  20. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 De-Cat

Gotta agree TP, comes into its own with the Grp N chip. decat on its own, no really noticeable gains.
  21. -=Stella Artois=-

Jdm Type R '02

Ello, welcome to TRO. :D
  22. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Newbie Type R Owner

Hi Julian welcome to TRO. :D
  23. -=Stella Artois=-

FD2 Type R floor mats

Yup, they are.
  24. -=Stella Artois=-

CTR or S2000

An experienced driver in a CTR would probably be able to, against an inexperienced driver in an S2000. But that could be said for any car, really. Ultimately, the S2000 will always have the edge over a CTR when driven to it limits with a skilled operator.
  25. -=Stella Artois=-

CTR or S2000

Horses for courses fella, both capable cars, CTR "better" for more than 2 people, S2000 "better" for rear wheel drive. Its what you want out of the car.
  26. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Looking to purchase FN2 typr r

Register at www.civinfo.com and ask holdcroft honda on there, they are advertising at that price stated of £950
  27. -=Stella Artois=-

Starter Civic..?

Yes, mine..... :cool:
  28. -=Stella Artois=-

2003 Civic type R with less than 6000 miles

Hell, If I'd been banned for 3 years, I'd have bloody sold it.
  29. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Millie on Steroids?

Oh hell I.!! :D
  30. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Millie on Steroids?

28th July...... That's like years away!!!! :( I need it now! :lol:
  31. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Millie on Steroids?

Really like the back end of this. Just trying to source the spoiler and the tailgate........ oh and the light cluster.......fook it. Ill have the whole kit! :lol: :twisted:
  32. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 The way back.......!!! (Now with Pics)

Very tempted. Love the look of Dexters.
  33. -=Stella Artois=-

Tell me about it! :lol: Like I said I am biased. Been looking at those splitters for a while now, so tempted. ;)
  34. -=Stella Artois=-

Nice looking car...I am Biased btw. :cool: This is NOT a criticism but an observation. :o I have seen this on a few Milano's so far, and some that even have the black painted all the way to the edge.
  35. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 satnav fn2 - steering buttons

They may well be obscured by the other. It has Sat Nav, as the Radio and dash are different to the non Sat Nav Versions.
  36. -=Stella Artois=-

This is the user. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-08-Civic-TypeR-Rear-Skirt-Upgrade-All-Colours_W0QQitemZ250239047441QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10386QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262 PM Him.
  37. -=Stella Artois=-

Think its only a deal through them, as they advertise on ebay too.
  38. -=Stella Artois=-

HoldCroft Honda. 01782 261593 www.holdcroft.com [email protected]
  39. -=Stella Artois=-

Some have HFT and some have SAT NAV + HFT. Mine has Sat Nav and Hands Free, so it has all the buttons. I'm assuming those that have Sat Nav and no HFT, if there is an option like that don't. Mines factory fit Sat Nav, maybe others are after market?
  40. -=Stella Artois=-

Set of four 19" Rage alloy wheels £950 collected Set of four 19" Rage alloys with Bridgstone RE050 Tyres: £1595 Fitted Set of four 19" Rage alloys with Falken tyres £1385 http://www.civinfo.com/forum/holdcroft-honda/4935-07-ctr-19-rage-alloys.html HTH.
  41. -=Stella Artois=-

There are 4 buttons on the left spoke and 2 on the right. These are for the trip computer. HTH.
  42. -=Stella Artois=-

MPG - what's your personal best?

I wish! - 4.9 MPG at the last track day! - dipped to 3.8 on one session! :eek:
  43. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 JRSC Confirmed.

Its CPL's car that had the development done. Thats from thier site. None of the unit in place however, I will get them to forward some piccies.
  44. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Bike Rack??

They do a single bike carrier, that fits in the false boot, that carries the bike inside. Honda one that is £80 iirc
  45. -=Stella Artois=-

Grinding from brakes under heavy breaking whilst cornering??? Help?

Yes home jobbie, take the car out, and put full lock on and move off, CV Joints tend to knock slightly when worn. Try both turning circles. If it was warped discs, I would expect you to feel the vibration through the steering wheel. Other things to check. Lose wheel weights. Missing wheel...
  46. -=Stella Artois=-

Close but no cigar, relatively inexpensive. about £30 for the CV joint kit. wear depends on how much they have been used, and how hard, but generally dont wear that quick.
  47. -=Stella Artois=-

Hi fella, welcome to TRO. My initial thought would be CV joints showing slight wear.
  48. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 JRSC Confirmed.

Guy's running 291 with his on stock internals and a cat back system. he's using the same Hondata ECU that I've just put on, so I'm presuming yes.
  49. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 JRSC Confirmed.

Just got off the phone from CPL. Car booked in 28th July for a week. Can't wait to see how Millie will perform with the new kit. JRSC. Clutchmaster FX300 Clutch Clutchmaster lightened flywheel. Quaife LSD and in time for JAE....... I'm excited! :D :D :D
  50. -=Stella Artois=-

New CTR owner saying hi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder_coating Thur ya go.
  51. -=Stella Artois=-

New CTR owner saying hi

Ello, welcome to TRO. :D
  52. -=Stella Artois=-

Combi Discs DC5

If you could tell us the OEM size, we may be able to help fella. :)
  53. -=Stella Artois=-

My FN2 CTR

Get behind me Satan!! :p Red FTW!
  54. -=Stella Artois=-

Window

Honda haven't addressed this for the FN2 either, still does the same.
  55. -=Stella Artois=-

My FN2 CTR

Liking the colour. Have you scuffed the front bumper (2nd pic) tut tut. :p
  56. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Hondata Group N ECU.

As the Group N is a preset ECU, it can be bought off the shelf. £659.00 Inluding Special Delivery. There is no requirement for you to send and ECU. An exchange option is not available, and realistically, probably not financially beneficial for the supplier. The Group N is optimised for vehicles...
  57. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Hondata Group N ECU.

Fitted the Hondata Group N ECU today, as supplied by CPL Racing. Certainly not as flexible as our EP3 brethren's Kpro, but as availablilty is thin on the ground, thought I would give it a shot. CPL delivered it special delivery and it took 15 minutes to fit. A simple plug and play affair...
  58. -=Stella Artois=-

Honda OEM or Quaife?

OK, Opted for a quaife as TBH, I've hit my budget limit!
  59. -=Stella Artois=-

Do you know what these are called?

They will be turnbuckles by the look of them. http://www.s3i.co.uk/turnbuckleclosed.php
  60. -=Stella Artois=-

A long old day. Millie was exhausted! Modded FN2

Bugger...he found me! :p
  61. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Broken Fog Light

The lamination would only stop the glass from shattering IMO. As like used on safety glass. However the harder acrylic protector would prevent the glass taking damage I reckon.
  62. -=Stella Artois=-

Got myself a CTR but not happy

Just got me thinking...if the car is set up For A/C and there is no A/C unit in the engine bay, could be 1 of two things. 1. A/C Failed and the previous owner removed it. 2. JRSC was fitted, bringing into question how hard its been driven.
  63. -=Stella Artois=-

back box trauma!

The exhaust will hang naturally on the hangers. If you are having to move the hanger bracket, you may need to reposition the exhaust. Loosen it off and reposition, with a tendency to move the exhaust slightly forwards, as when it heats up it should centralise after expansion. Hello btw.
  64. -=Stella Artois=-

Project RoBoT

:getcoat: Still trying to work out which Barracks/Base that is.
  65. -=Stella Artois=-

Project RoBoT

What's with the number plate? :D
  66. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Broken Fog Light

Bit like the Horse has bolted, but prevention is better than the cure. This fella makes em. http://www.civinfo.com/forum/lights/2802-fog-light-covers-made-fitted.html HTH.
  67. -=Stella Artois=-

Do any Civic Type R's have seat height adjustment?

Not that I'm aware, the FN2 does, probably one of the only things that Honda listened to from the EP3 owners.
  68. -=Stella Artois=-

Bad steering.

Think you have covered it. If Chris advised a steering rack, then its most likely the cause. They know thier stuff when it comes to geometry.
  69. -=Stella Artois=-

FD2 Help for FD2 honda type-r vin number

Can't really see people giving you their VIN. Might as well just say "Anyone up for me to clone your car" If you need FD2 Parts contact Bazza @ Vtec Direct. http://online.vtecdirect.com
  70. -=Stella Artois=-

Bulbs

Unless it was the other type of LSD, made famous in the 60's then you probably would see better! - or not really care you couldn't see. :p
  71. -=Stella Artois=-

Help Fit Front Speakers FN2

This may help. http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/7470-my-sub-speaker-install.html
  72. -=Stella Artois=-

KA20a2 Swap???

Speak for yourself sonny :p K20Z4 here! :lol:
  73. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Softer Type R approved by....

Yeah! Barstards!!! :p
  74. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Did you run your car in?

Not a jot. No problems since I picked her up.
  75. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Did you run your car in?

Nailed it from day 1. She had 130 mile on her on her début track day :)
  76. -=Stella Artois=-

Oil Usage??

4.5lt in 13500 miles (not including service) Looks like Millies a guzzler!
  77. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Tyre Choice

Having only got 3000 miles out of the Advans, I changed to Toyo T1-R's, on my third set now, and they are cracking.
  78. -=Stella Artois=-

Go to: Quick links Subscribed threads and check : notification then scroll down and select whether you want email or none.
  79. -=Stella Artois=-

A long old day. Millie was exhausted! Modded FN2

Ride is far better with the KW's. Adjustment is quite simple with the "C" spanners provided with the kit and the adaptors for the damping adjustment. Gone is the harshness, and the understeer is virtually eliminated. :D
  80. -=Stella Artois=-

How Many Miles do you do in a week?

120m per day and whatever at the weekend.
  81. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 Buying Advice (FN2)

Hi Blake, welcome to TRO. I would like to say that you would get an unbiased answer, but you may find that your question will be hijacked by the EP3/FN2 which is better, war. The FN2 like all cars, does have its pitfalls. But to answer your question. Known Issues: Paint - Orange peel effect...
  82. -=Stella Artois=-

Quickest civic type r

Scot Whitelaws (sp) Fastest in europe iirc, 10.18 or summat now.
  83. -=Stella Artois=-

Ok, i'm ready. Give me abuse

Then you do it fella, that's what makes cars personal. If we all did the same, it would be pretty boring. Hence Millie has had a few changes, not everybody likes it, but its only me who drives it. :D
  84. -=Stella Artois=-

Picture Whore'in Again

Nice shot!
  85. -=Stella Artois=-

My New FN2 Pic Happy

Nice........... I am Biased. :D
  86. -=Stella Artois=-

S2000 & NSX S2K piccies my friend Clawz for DonR

Yup, can do with the ride out!
  87. -=Stella Artois=-

S2000 & NSX S2K piccies my friend Clawz for DonR

Ditto. :D :D Nice looking S2K. :cool:
  88. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 - Type R Key.

The front has 2 buttons as we don't have a remote boot release which is a right royal pain, but the tailgate is very heavy so maybe it just wouldn't pop. Yes, Marshall in my experience are a bunch of crunts.
  89. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 - Type R Key.

The EP3 is a different design, however, if you really wanted you could prise the black one off the EP3 key and substiture it for the red one off the new back, I suppose.
  90. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 PAINT!!!

Join the club fella. :(
  91. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 New FN2 Advice.

Mine's never had anything but V-Power so couldn't comment, however, with V-Power she she happy.
  92. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 - Type R Key.

Stumbled across this on the net. A simple 30 second job for those must have FN2 owners. The UK Type R doesn't come with this type key back, the JDM market has this on offer for the new breed of keys. I think the Euro R may have too, but not sure. I spoke with several dealers who point blankly...
  93. -=Stella Artois=-

FN2 New FN2 Advice.

Ello and welcome to TRO. Miltek - £450 ish, HKS £575 ish, still relatively small amount of exhausts available. The Miltek is cracking though. Powertec £145.00 ish kit from ABP motorsport induction kit, takes 25 mins to fit, no modifications required. Not getting into a Cone filter/CAI...
  94. -=Stella Artois=-

My newly aquired JDM Championship White EP3

Pretty.......... fugging nice! I'll say. :cool:
  95. -=Stella Artois=-

Artech Tuning S2000 build up

:D That first picture made me feel sick, being blurred like that. Nice colour!
  96. -=Stella Artois=-

Brake Disks

I have the 350mm brake upgrade. Cracking stoppers now. EBC Ceramic pads. DS2500's are a bit noisy, so I have been informed.
  97. -=Stella Artois=-

Just bought another banana Type R :)

Lovely......... Do like the colour. :smt047
  98. -=Stella Artois=-

cpl charged

Chin up, you're the new bloke, we have to have our fun. great bunch of blokes here, stick around and you'll see. ;)
  99. -=Stella Artois=-

FD2 FD2 vs ST170

I'd love to, but I'd end up buying one! - Have managed to avoid them so far.... don't tempt me!
Back