• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

I'm not sure what all of the furore around the price is. It was common knowledge it was going to be priced between £45k and £50k--just because people didn't believe or agree with it didin't mean it wasn't going to be true! My CW FL5 order was confirmed with Honda UK on Wednesday--if your...
  2. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

:oops: What are BMW up to? I thought the new M3/4 grille was bad enough, but if that really is the new M2..... Chris.
  3. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

Personally, I though they were a bit crap when you could buy one new, I would defo not buy one now secondhand, but each to their own. I think I would always go M2 over an M3/4. If I had to have a Beemer it would probably be an M2 CS or maybe I would wait to see what the new M2 turns out like...
  4. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

Like what? Chris.
  5. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

I liked my FK2 a lot more than both of my FK8s, wish I still had it TBH Latest word on the street is the FL5 is going to be £46k-ish in the UK Chris.
  6. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

From the conversation I had, I don't think it will be that much, but expect it to be over £45k. How much is a spec'ed up Golf R nowadays? Chris.
  7. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

From a reasonably reliable source, it's going to be more than £40k and will be priced closer to £50k than £40k. My dealer has 4 x £1k deposits and expects to get 6 cars in total. Chris.
  8. chrisr111

FL5 New Civic Type R

I am. Chris.
  9. chrisr111

DC2 DB8 DC5 New Integra ..

Absolutely terrible - even for a dedicated Honda fanboi like me.... :-( Chris.
  10. chrisr111

FK8 Fk8 current values

The market has shifted, and to me at least, a new FK8 is easily worth £40k. Not sure second hand FK8s are worth the current asking prices, but I guess supply and demand rules are in play at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if the new 2022/23 CTR is over £40k, so that might also adversely...
  11. chrisr111

FK8 Fk8 current values

I don't reckon second hand prices will go down too much anytime soon. I just sold my 6k mile 2 year old A45S that I paid the discount price of £55k when it was brand new, for £51k back to the main dealer. They sold it for £57k in about a week, which I think is still around list price. Make of...
  12. chrisr111

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

Only 20 FK8 LEs for the UK not 40 That's what I've heard - UK Civics will be built in Japan. Chris.
  13. chrisr111

FK8 Aftermarket Exhausts

It does, but sadly not in this country and there is only one supplier..... ;) Chris.
  14. chrisr111

FK8 FK8 Facelift - does it still have issues?

I had an early pre-facelift from new in 2017, did around 10k miles in it over 2.5 years, and had no issues whatsoever. I've got a 2021 facelift now, and have had no issues with that either. Chris.
  15. chrisr111

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

The shiney black plastic near the badge below the shift boot is covered with plastic film when it is delivered to the dealer. If it has a scratch on it, it's almost certainly been done post PDI at the dealer's. Chris.
  16. chrisr111

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

You have no idea, this car is more than just the paint. It's the closest any modern Type R has got to the original concept in my opinion. Comfort feels more hardcore to me than +R did in my old FK8. Chris.
  17. chrisr111

Thanks Matt. I bought it to drive, I never considered it as an investment/quick flip. I might sell it in a few years, when something else comes along and if I don't loose as much money as usual, it'll be a bonus. Although, I've got a whole host of bits from my friend in Milton Keynes to go on...
  18. chrisr111

P.S. I was originally offerred the press car (#01) by Honda UK, but declined - glad I did now after seeing it being put through its paces by many many journos.... Chris.
  19. chrisr111

I'm the friend Dotty is referring to above ;-) I and my local Honda delear principal had a lot of negotiations with Honda UK following the unexpected sell out before I had a chance to place an order for an LE. To cut a long story short, because of my history, Honda UK agreed to build me an...
  20. chrisr111

EP3 FK8 Civic Type R Limited Edition Global Allocation

Australia are getting 20 and the UK is getting one more. Total allocation is 1021. Chris.
  21. chrisr111

EP3 FK8 Inbound

Thanks McR, very much appreciated :) Chris.
  22. chrisr111

EP3 FK8 Inbound

Hi McR, please can you confirm if everything is stripped out of the boot or just the tonneau cover? A picture would be great if you can be bothered. Thanks, Chris.
  23. chrisr111

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I'm going to put a Mugen Ti exhaust on my new one ;) Chris.
  24. chrisr111

EP3 Metallic L plates won't stick to the bonnet boot on the FK8

Front wings are also aluminium. I don't think the tailgate is all aluminium, I think the lower outside half is plastic. Chris.
  25. chrisr111

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

He's just replaced his daily FK8 with a new AMG A 45 S+ Plus.... Chris.
  26. chrisr111

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

I'd like to see all of the superfluous stuff removed and a return to the true Type R ethos one can but dream..... Chris.
  27. chrisr111

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

The gearbox is assembled in Swindon from parts supplied from Japan. Honda have identified the problem now and are in the process of testing a fix - I can tell you it's not the master cylinder. Chris.
  28. chrisr111

I don't live down South, but I have got the letter and intend to go. Chris.
  29. chrisr111

FK8 ktuner ECU flash

http://ktuner.com/ktunertyper/ Chris.
  30. chrisr111

FK8 Flashpro

https://www.hondata.com/news/blogart57 Chris.
  31. chrisr111

FK8 RC20GT

Google translated from a Japanese press release: At "Tokyo Auto Salon 2018" held at Makuhari Messe from 12th to 14th January, Honda is talking about announcing the 2018 motorsport regime etc, but will do motor sports activities with that Honda M - TEC exhibited the company 's brand "Infinite"...
  32. chrisr111

FK8 RC20GT

新型CIVIC TYPE Rの走行性能を更に極限まで高めるべく空力性能・動力性能・冷却性能の向上を図り、走行性能・デザインを磨き上げたMUGEN RC20GT CIVIC TYPE R Concept 。走りと機能を追求し無限がCIVIC TYPE Rにかける想いをカタチにしたコンセプトモデル。 MUGEN RC 20 GT CIVIC TYPE R Concept which aimed to improve aerodynamic performance, power performance, and cooling performance to enhance the...
  33. chrisr111

FK8 Quality issues

Aegean Blue = Brilliant Sporty Blue = B-593M Chris.
  34. chrisr111

FK8 Noisy Diff

Torsen Chris.
  35. chrisr111

It'll only be fun when it's not siting broken at the dealer's........ Chris.
  36. chrisr111

^^^ I agree My FK2 made exactly the same noises when I'd been doing a lot of stop/start town driving in heavy traffic, especially when the ambient temperature dropped This is not meant as a direct 'keyboard warrior' attack on the OP But people complaining about stuff like this is one of the...
  37. chrisr111

FK2 FK2 general discussion

19" 'Cobra' wheels Paint codes: Milano Red (R-81) and Berlina Black (NH-547) Hope that helps Chris.
  38. chrisr111

.....and so it begins http://www.mugen-power.com/carparts/news_product/detail/id=540 "For Mugen parts for "Civic", we are developing development mainly of "Civic Type R" and "Civic Hatchback". Based on the know-how acquired by the Mugen in motor sports in aero parts, we are developing with...
  39. chrisr111

The flat circle marks have been reported lots on the Civic X forum, apparently they are from the factory where paint defects have been flattened off and they have been missed being buffed out along the line. Your detailer will be able to correct them easily. Chris.
  40. chrisr111

I think that's the dealer talking bobbins I'm afraid However, it will be at its brightest when brand new NH0 can change colour over time and become more cream, especially if not looked after, which is why it can be hard to paint match Chris.
  41. chrisr111

I borrowed my local dealers demo for the day. Unlike the chap above I thought it was a bit dull at first (to drive). Comfort and Sport modes are both pointless in my opinion--I drove it almost exclusively in +R mode. It is definitely more comfortable in Comfort mode, but +R mode is very plush...
  42. chrisr111

I borrowed my local dealers demo for the day. Unlike the chap above I thought it was a bit dull at first (to drive). Comfort and Sport modes are both pointless in my opinion--I drove it almost exclusively in +R mode. It is definitely more comfortable in Comfort mode, but +R mode is very plush...
  43. chrisr111

Mugen Japan didn't use a red FK2 because only CW and black were available for the JP market. On the other hand, Mugen Euro had all colours available and might have something to show soon...... Chris.
  44. chrisr111

Mugen Ti ;) Lovely Chris.
  45. chrisr111

For the benefit of those on this forum: The bonnet scoop pulls air in to that aluminium channel on the underside, which directs it to holes in the top of the wing, these direct the air to the long black vents running down the wings in front of the...
  46. chrisr111

The parts are for Mugen Euro's FK2 demo car and it is being assembled by TGM Chris.
  47. chrisr111

Always use Shell V-Power nothing else has ever been in it. Chris.
  48. chrisr111

According to a reliable technical source, the FK2's engine cooling is marginal. I noticed earlier in the week that my car felt as though its performance was noticieably down after sitting in traffic with ambient air temperature in the 30s, even when revving it out to the limiter. Apparently...
  49. chrisr111

FK2 2015 vs 2016 and problems so far?

I don't think any use oil - I think it was BS trotted out by some dealers before anyone knew anything much about the car I took delivery of my car on launch week, so it's as early as they come, and it hasn't used any oil Chris.
  50. chrisr111

It's not going to be the first Type R in the US - they got the DC2 ;) Chris.
  51. chrisr111

FK2 Mugen FK2

Not yet, I'm waiting for something else..... ;) Chris.
  52. chrisr111

FK2 Mugen FK2

http://www.mugen-power.com/automobile/products/CIVICTYPE-R/parts/image/CIVIC-TYPER_201601.pdf :) Chris.
  53. chrisr111

I don't know if this has been asked in the thread earlier Norrro, but can you let us know if the JDM version is the same as the UKDM car, or is it 'better'? Chris.
  54. chrisr111

We must remember that's 4000 total production spread out for all markets (LHD & RHD), not just for the UK. I'm not sure how many they plan to make solely for the UK. Anyone know? Chris.
  55. chrisr111

It's just a red version yours.........sort of ;) Chris.
  56. chrisr111

Maybe that was pre-production? Anyway, they are definitely not fake on the one in my garage--I've just checked ;) Chris.
  57. chrisr111

Both the upper and trailing edge wing vents are not fake. I admit some of them are filled in, but if you look closely quite a few are real with holes all the way through. Chris.
  58. chrisr111

All the non-GT cars I've seen so far have the red rim line They do not have the red line along the front splitter I suspect your dealer is getting confused, but I could be wrong..... Chris.
  59. chrisr111

:smt023 Chris.
  60. chrisr111

It's in long term storage--too many cars and not enough space unfortunately But I'll try and dig something out for you Chris.
  61. chrisr111

Yeah, I've had one on pre-order for quite some time ;) Chris.
  62. chrisr111

There's normally a cover in position that goes over the square hole you can see. It's been removed to expose the towing eye. Chris.
  63. chrisr111

It's not speculation, I have had it confirmed by Honda: Exterior carbon pack consisting of "hand made carbon fibre rear wing, air intake garnish and tailgate garnish" for £2250 Interior carbon pack consisting of "air outlet decoration, glovebox and centre console" for £495 Chris.
  64. chrisr111

They are probably not allowed to order cars for stock apart from the static and road demos they've all been told to have Doing this probably allows them to get round that (if someone decides to cancel) Chris.
  65. chrisr111

That is correct dweezle If a dealer places an order for a new CTR, Honda UK take £3,000 off them at the end of the month the order was placed If a dealer is accepting a lower amount for an order, then they are footing the shortfall at the end of the month Chris.
  66. chrisr111

I just found this out: CO2 = 170 g/km Weight = 1382 to 1397 kg depending on spec. Non-homologated figures, so might change a bit I guess but probably not by much. Chris.
  67. chrisr111

Correction: it's K20C1 I've just seen a VIN tag. Chris.
  68. chrisr111

K20C11 apparently Chris.
  69. chrisr111

Yes, there will definitely be optional extras whether any of them will be worthwhile is another matter we'll just have to wait and see..... Chris.
  70. chrisr111

Maybe. But not to worry, it's just the family beater :D Chris.
  71. chrisr111

I think it looks good Aren't all modern cars plastic fantastic? It looks no worse than my £50k Merc TBH Chris.
  72. chrisr111

I've bought a lot of new cars and after paying an initial deposit I've always payed on delivery, never before. Chris.
  73. chrisr111

I'm surprised these took so long to get reposted :D You getting excited yet dweezle? Chris.
  74. chrisr111

DC2 DB8 DC5 Blue DC5 paint code

Incorrect Facelift is Vivid Blue Pearl B520P ;) Chris.
  75. chrisr111

FN2 Civic mugen

The only 2.2 M20 built was Mugen's own demonstrator, and unfortunately, Mugen Euro decided not to offer the kit as a retro fit option to existing M20 owners. Chris.
  76. chrisr111

My New Mugen

Welcome to a very small and exclusive club ;) Chris.
  77. chrisr111

FD2 My mini review of the FD2 - update 10th June 2012

Why do you ask dude? Chris.
  78. chrisr111

FD2 My mini review of the FD2 - update 10th June 2012

Balckberry pearl is the USDM Fit (Jazz) name for the colour on the FD2 it's called Premium Deep Violet Pearl Chris.
  79. chrisr111

Oiled filters?

FD2 doesn't use a MAF either. Chris.
  80. chrisr111

lovely s2000

It's not Nurby Blue, it's Bermuda Blue ;) Chris.
  81. chrisr111

Back with a bang-er...

I've seen the Motul Mugen Civic in real life ;) Chris.
  82. chrisr111

Type R number 2

Yeah, it was the plate. Chris.
  83. chrisr111

Type R number 2

I don't know any history I'm afraid--I have and have had a lot of Hondas over the years and have frequented Springfield dealers quite a bit. I remember seeing your car back in the day ;) Chris.
  84. chrisr111

Type R number 2

Nice ;) I don't know where you're located but FYI your car originally came from Springfield Honda in the North East ;) Chris.
  85. chrisr111

Mugen RR

I'm thinking about advertising my RR for sale again shortly, hopefully I will not be plagued by timewasters, which was the reason why I withdrew it from sale the last time. What do forum members think is a realistic price for it? I am not desparate to sell, but I have quite a few cars and...
  86. chrisr111

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 -Return to Track Pg 33

Hey Justin:smt039 It's nice and very interesting to see what you have done to my old car ;) Chris.
  87. chrisr111

FN2 A mountain of Mugen parts

K20 > F20C mmmmm...... I'm not so sure ;) Chris.
  88. chrisr111

FN2 Mugen FN2 concept test drive/review.

Neither of your last two statements are correct ;) Chris.
Back