• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Derf

2 1/4 '' Exhaust

You know a bigger diameter exhaust doesn't mean you get more torque?
  2. Derf

ITB's on K20's seem low ?

It may also be due to cylinder head design, the K20 has a pretty keen head so ITB's wont actually yeild that much more compared to a different/******* engine.
  3. Derf

f1 clutches tegiwa imports

What are you expecting from a new clutch?
  4. Derf

civic ep3 turbo. how?

I suggest you do some more research or natural selection may take its course....
  5. Derf

Spark plug socket size?

Does anyone know off the top of their heads the socket size for an EP3 spark plug? Ta!
  6. Derf

My old ITR'S & New 500whp+ Accord Type R

can you please get rid of that cast manifold? very impressive spec, but then again the turbo is from a truck :P
  7. Derf

V8 S2k

kids these days...
  8. Derf

Aux connection on head unit

Ball ache
  9. Derf

halp
  10. Derf

So I've got my standard head unit out in my ep3. But I can't for the life of me find the 3.5mm phono jack? I'll upload a photo in a min
  11. Derf

Tegiwa imports carbon fibre airbox

lol i simply meant that using 1 L of oil rather than 6 L wont do any good apart form saving you 5 ish kg.
  12. Derf

If your combustion chamber isn't sealed the engine wont be working at its maximum efficiency. Therefore, reduced power.
  13. Derf

Yeah that wont help anything, except weight saving.
  14. Derf

silly billy, as for the power loss from new it could be down to high friction internally on the engine (worn bearings) or maybe worn pistons rings increasing blowby.
  15. Derf

I think he means where has he lost 25 ponies since new.
  16. Derf

I wouldnt get too hung up on the actual firgure from a dyno, they are only really good for back to back comparisons to see improvments.
  17. Derf

Refurb kit for alarm fob

Ive ordered a refurb kit and a new fob, nice lady told me the coding procedure is explained in a document within. New fob from H&P £50 Coding Free New fob form Honda £100 Coding £25
  18. Derf

Refurb kit for alarm fob

Anyone got a legit how to guide for recoding a replacement fob bought from H&P then?
  19. Derf

Auto Window-Up Function

boo ya! was about to say mine does this anyway lol
  20. Derf

My Evo 8! now forsale pg23

It will because youll be ragging it more :p
  21. Derf

Wheel alignment...

Tracking was way out, the little buggers who did it before couldnt move it because the rod end was seized....
  22. Derf

Wheel alignment...

So back in the winter I had new tyres fitted all round on my EP3 and naturally had the alignment checked. Was about to book my MOT so I thought I would give the car a good check over first and much to my amazement my front nearside tire is extremely worn on the inside edge! Now I occasionally...
  23. Derf

JDM import number plate size??...

import plate is the same as rear motorbike plate
  24. Derf

gear pop feeling from 1st to 2nd

to be honest, ive only driven on ep3 and thats mine so i dont know if is just a characteristic of the cars. Have you checked the other engine mounts for wear? If it is down to worn mounts then no quickshift will stop it happening.
  25. Derf

gear pop feeling from 1st to 2nd

Mine does this out of 3rd alot of the time, I think its an engine mount thing on mine. More engine movement at higher revs is stretching the linkage meaning it only takes a small amount movement to pull it out of gear. My car has done WAY more miles than yours though so I dont know how your...
  26. Derf

Supercharger

no wheel spin lolz though
  27. Derf

bit of advice please

you need to draw ALOT of water into the engine for it to be a problem. Remember there is moisture in the air anyway and the filter wont stop all of this if its raining.
  28. Derf

My Old NHB 240BHP Prem CTR.

i had a pugsport... now i havd an N1 :P lol
  29. Derf

yea she changed the ehxuast from the pugsport... silly bint...
  30. Derf

And i sold it for mroe than i bought it for lol
  31. Derf

was worth ever penny nick :)
  32. Derf

iPod connector for factory-fit stereo

is this on the back of the head unit?
  33. Derf

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

If it did exactly the same job as a genuine one, didnt have an oil change ever 28 days then yes...
  34. Derf

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

im going to get one... then make copies with improoved air flow, and scuttle pannel. Just out of interest if I could produce a good fitting, good looking, dyno prooven to match the gruppe m how mant people would buy for, say £250-300??
  35. Derf

Blow By?

blow by as in air getting past the piston rings?
  36. Derf

buying a gruppe m...

I think im gonna produce some shamless copies out of carbon covers glass fibre...
  37. Derf

Could you fit a 215 or 225 on a standard 205 CTR rim?

Sorry but i read that as you saying teams may want to run a narrow tyre in quali
  38. Derf

most racing series have a specific size which they must use, this may or may not be optimum but I agree it may sometimes be benificial to use a narrow tyre like you said. What you are reffering to about stress in certain parts of the tyre is known as slip angle. The slip angle of a tyre is the...
  39. Derf

its to do with heat disappation. a wider tyre will retain heat longer and has less risk of over heating. grip is friction. Friction is a product of the weight of the car and the co effieicent of friction (which is a constant for a given rubber compound and road surface)
  40. Derf

tyre width has nothing to do with grip.
  41. Derf

wider tyre wont give you more grip though, common misconception.
  42. Derf

uprating rear anti roll bar advice

upgrading a rear ARB will transform any car.
  43. Derf

sorry but why do you want wider tyres?
  44. Derf

flywheel, benefits, how light?

interia of the fly wheel is negligable compared to the whole engine.
  45. Derf

unsilienced supersprint bpipe spoon n1 backbox fitted!!!

I must admit, the child in me wants to get an unsilenced one but I think a silenced pipe would be better in the long run
  46. Derf

FN2 CTR in the Snow; Quick Poll

1st gear saved me several times decending hills this morning!
  47. Derf

regular or Vpower

On UK cars, I am a firm believe that fuel is fuel. I'm not going to argue that using a higher octane fuel doesnt have benifits because it does. But on a road car the extra cost of the higher octane fuel is greater than the benifits seen.
  48. Derf

Fast Road Set-Up

Just to throw something else into the mix, you should also consider a slightly larger rear ARB. It will help eliminate that "push on" understeer.
  49. Derf

Fast Road Set-Up

From my experience, the name generally disctates how good/bad the ride will be with them. I used to own a set of cusco coilovers and they were amazing but was too harsh for road use. As for set up, once youve got the ride height and the aligment done you can just dick around with compression...
  50. Derf

Fast Road Set-Up

sorry my bad. Suspension in a nut shell. Its all about camber control, a given tyre has an optimum camber angle where it can offer the most amount of grip. A perfect suspension set up will keep this camber angle no matter what position the wheel is in. This however doesnt happen in real...
  51. Derf

Fast Road Set-Up

You could find the data out and just take the car to an aligment centre and tell them what you want, they will most likely make you sign a bit of paper saying you dont blame them if you crash but they might be able to help. Coilovers would be better if you go the cash, better wheel rate...
  52. Derf

Fast Road Set-Up

The OEM set up is a comprimise between handling and tyre life. The fast road set up is biased more to handling and therefore sacrificing a bit of tyre life. But as with everything, you dont get something for nothing.
  53. Derf

Loads of New Bits

Nick, the SC will be easier to break traction due to the instant torque. A turbo engine has some reaction time. rolling at 30 mph in 2nd, floor it and you will pretty much instantly spin up with a SC but with a turbo youll find the power deliverly more progressive and by the time you hit the...
  54. Derf

Tramlining?

mine does it, makes me feel like a man.
  55. Derf

my toyota starlet glanza

pushing the absolute limite of the standard turbo/internals. I found out that hard way....
  56. Derf

my toyota starlet glanza

haha yea on reflection it was way too stiff for the road, kids hey....
  57. Derf

my toyota starlet glanza

i had the same worry, but revving the tits of the vtec engine soo makes up for it!
  58. Derf

I could bore you with talk of effective radii and weight transfer but I wont :cool: my flat mate works for AP designing the road kits, never ceases to amaze me the quality of their stuff.
  59. Derf

my toyota starlet glanza

Do you have any other handling mods? Like rear ARB? ALK? My old glanza was solid as a rock, way too hard for normal road use. But it was awsome on a track, the first thing i noticed in the civic was the body roll and it made it feel wooly but then I slowly realised that the civic wasnt...
  60. Derf

you sir have the best brakes in the world.
  61. Derf

petrol flap

Slack in the cable or is it just frozen?
  62. Derf

my toyota starlet glanza

I used to own one of these, sold it for my EP3. Cracking little cars Remeber kids, boost gets you laid.
  63. Derf

FN2 Ideal shifting point

when the engine goes "bbrrwaaap raaan daan daan daan daan" change up :)
  64. Derf

NSX Replacement - HVS-010 GT

wont some have to be produced as road cars to allow it to be raced?
  65. Derf

Icemode VTEC Light

its the closest thing we can get to a boost gauge without spending alot of cash...
  66. Derf

mugen socks

are you saying a sock will reduce the pressure??
  67. Derf

Improving MPG

I get 350 nearly all the time! thats not driving like too much of a granny but kepping momentum up and letting the engine doing the braking.
  68. Derf

Undecided on tyres, t1r, px4, f1. HELP

PX4's are the new T1s' I believe? They are ok, had them on my old car and they were not much cop in the wet.
  69. Derf

0-60 time with three people in the car

6 secodns indicated... 9 seconds reality..
  70. Derf

Which one

I think it looks very motorsport :cool: probably too loud if you have a b pipe aswell, not worth risking failing the noise tests
  71. Derf

Rocker Cover Painting Questions

I dont know an answer to any of those questions, but you could look at the process honda use to apply the cover from the factory and if that process used a similar temp to what you're after then you are onto a winner.
  72. Derf

FN2 MPG

Remap to invalidate the lease ftl?
  73. Derf

I know its asked a lot... but aem cai?

it'll be fine in the rain on the motorway. it has to be submerged.
  74. Derf

Buddyclub N+ Blues

Any grime in between the spring and the spring pan?
  75. Derf

My 92 B18C6 Turbo eg ... Called The Hiji

really needs silvervision!
  76. Derf

Speed Camera Locators...Any Advice?

Also any mobile speed camera has to be within 1 mile of a speed camera sign.
  77. Derf

I think they zap you twice with the laser, they certainly did when they got me.
  78. Derf

I dont think you will ever get round a laser, unless you pick up a signal when the laser is targetted at the car in front for example. The speed of light is certainly quicker than my reaction times!
  79. Derf

More power on a sport?

Everytime I have expected an insurance drop I have bought a higher group car to balance this offset!
  80. Derf

Soon to be selling up.

Little heads on price wise, I bought my standard EP3 for £4500 with 95k on the clock. Wheels need a refurb and there is a small dink in the rear bumper. :)
  81. Derf

JDM type r... best cat back exhaust?

i actually laughed at this :) seriously, my N1 back box isnt that loud in all honesty. Sure there's much quieter exhaust out there but day to day i do not find it a ptoblem at all. the buddy club ones on the other hand....
  82. Derf

Heated throttle body

I doubt it will make any difference to the performance, you still got a massive lump of metal sitting at around 90 degree's that the throttle body is connected to. Give it long enough and it will all reach the same temperature with or without extra heating to the throttle body.
  83. Derf

HOT Castle Combe 12/04/10...

yea i remember watching a DC2 go round in the summer, could hear it all the way round the track over the other cars... good old vtec passing static tests haha
  84. Derf

HOT Castle Combe 12/04/10...

i am very tempted by this! combe doesnt have a flyby sound test does it?
  85. Derf

stealth matt black or pearl white?

matt black looks 'ard
  86. Derf

Spoon n1 noise level

my N1 is just a backbox and its relatively quiet in the car, if my girlfriend or mother didnt complain about it how bad can it be?
  87. Derf

Fujitsubo RM01A

Dan (nefor) has a video of his DC5 with a fujitsubo one. Shows some static revs from the front and back of the car aswell as a flyby. No doubt he will post it when he sees this, I can't access youtube at work.
  88. Derf

10,000rpm K20A2

I read somewhere the vibrations casued at 10k rpm did something daft to the spark plugs which meant it couldnt be done without an extensively modified head?
  89. Derf

Stoptec brakes

You stoptech users, still running ABS? Did it cause any problems?
  90. Derf

K20Tuned Turbo DC2

ah forgot its 93 octane fuel in the states! bummer. Run a 1/4 on it yet?
  91. Derf

K20Tuned Turbo DC2

Sweet, what boost? Sorry for the questions cant access that link at work.
  92. Derf

K20Tuned Turbo DC2

Welcome, one word describes that car. giggles. What turbo is it running? GT30?
  93. Derf

gaskets

I think there are two gaskets, one at each end. But I may be very wrong.
  94. Derf

Gruppe M fitted

Did you go for the supplied scuttle panel or mod your own?
  95. Derf

Spoon N1 + Bung = Trackdays?

nuff loud. I suspect most tracks will have something to say about the spec 3
  96. Derf

Any young CTR drivers?

People paying that much just make me laugh. The absolute most I'd consider acceptable is £1500 a year but more realistically £1000.
  97. Derf

Cleaning Gruppe M filter

http://www.knfilters.com/cleaning.htm Let it dry completely then oil :)
  98. Derf

Spoon N1 + Bung = Trackdays?

Depends what track your going to. I suspect a full spoon system would pass the static test because the car wont be in vtec. However a flyby test will be something else...
  99. Derf

Another boring fast road set up question....!

The camber angle will have an optimum for your tyre aswell, so anything past -1.5 might just be wearing out the tyre for no reason.
  100. Derf

Best insurer for young type r driver

Chruchill? Im 21 with 9 point paying just under £1000.
Back