• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Gunn79

Wheel Cleaner - Test & Review

I originally made this thread back in May 2008, but I think it was lost due to the forum crash. As there are a few topics relating to hard baked on dust etc... I thought I would re-create it; On my OE DC5 alloys, I felt they were letting the car down with the dirt on the inside face of the...
  2. Gunn79

Up To Date Clean Pics Of My DC5 Teg

Gave it a clean this morning, so thought I would get some current pics, including the new drivers harness fitted - Also gave me an excuse to try out using my new camera tripod; I need to get some more variation in my angles :lol::oops:
  3. Gunn79

Impressive OEM Bracing

Whilst fitting my Spoon seat rails this evening, I was having a nose around under the carpet, behind where the fronts seats are. Was impressed to find this chunky bit of bracing spaning the width of the car; Nothing like this on my old DC2 - Also shows that you dont need one of those B pillar...
  4. Gunn79

Spoon Lowered Seat Rails Fitted (pics)

Received some drivers and passengers Spoon lowered seat rails today, s/h from another forum member, so fitted them this evening; Passenger Side Only Fitted; Both Sides Fitted; These rails lower the seat by approx. 5cm - Unfortunately its hard to tell this from the pictures, but is...
  5. Gunn79

Carbing Rear Upper 4 Point Strut Brace Fitted (pics)

I received my Carbing rear upper 4 point strut brace last week, and got round to fitting it this morning. Its the steel version, finished in white; It was not quite as straight forward as I hoped. Once strut top nuts were removed, and the OE brace was off, with the various wires and cables...
  6. Gunn79

New Exhaust (pics) 28/02/08 UPDATE - FITTED

I have just picked up this CAT back exhaust from a fellow DC5 owner in Devon. It was on his car when he bought it from Torque Imports, and he was selling it due to changing to a DC Sports system. As you can see from the pics I took tonight below, the exhaust is in great condition, with only...
  7. Gunn79

Tie Rod Ends

Simple question - Are the tie rod ends different for the EP3 and DC5?? Reason I ask, is my DC5 tie rod ends did not fit properly into the AST coilovers (EP3 AST coilovers) due to the taper being larger. EP3 ones have been ordered to solve the problem. :?: My DC5 had Bilstein coilovers on, and...
  8. Gunn79

Top Mounts and Corner Weighting

I am booked into Powerstation for a set of AST coilovers and set up. I have the option of also going for front top mounts. I will be going for a more road biased set up, as I do not do track days (maybe 1 or 2 in the future). The roads I drive are the A and B roads of SW Devon, so not exactly...
  9. Gunn79

Wheel Width And Tyres

I am gonna be getting some new tyres just after Christmas for my DC5. I am gonna go for the Bridgestone RE040, as I liked them in 17's on my old EP3, and I also just love Bridgestones in general :lol: Currently I have a 225/45/17 tyre on the front, on an 8J wheel, and the standard size...
  10. Gunn79

My DC5 Integra Type R (Update Pg.3 13/04/08)

Sorry for all the whoring, new car excitement and all! :lol: I picked the car up from Torque GT (only 30 mins from me 8) ) last Friday, and have been enjoying putting 250 miles on the clock to date, even in the recent terrible weather we have been experiencing. Big thumbs up and a thankyou for...
  11. Gunn79

My DC5 - Some of the aftermarket parts (pics)

This may be of interest to some, copy and pasted from my post on the DC5 forum. As the weather is soo bad today, I thought I would get a few pics of some of the aftermarket parts fitted to the car when I got it, see if some of you can identify them, and also offer some advice. First up the...
  12. Gunn79

My Teg Has Undergone Changes....

It has become a lot more modern and softer! I have finally gone down the DC5 route, and bought a lovely example today. Just got the wait till next Friday when I pick it up. No pics from the dealer today as the weather was rubbish, so the only pics I can show are the ones from Japan (which are...
  13. Gunn79

Recomend Me A CAT1 Alarm

My alarm is on the way out on my Honda Integra DC2 Type R (MY2000). It is chirping and buzzing a bit on setting it, and sometimes lets out a few siren noises. It is the original alarm fitted by Honda (possibly dealer fit??). Apart from the noises it seems to work ok, but is gradually getting...
  14. Gunn79

PC vs Teg - The Results

In a Detailing World stylee!! Here are 1st results with the PC and new products.... Having cleaned my current and past cars by hand for the last 10 years, I recently decided to try out a PC and the various products that can be used with it. The process and products I used are; - Pre-cleaned...
  15. Gunn79

Ordered A PC From Autopia....

I did the deed, finally last night. Spent to much time browsing Detailing World yesterday, and placed an order later that evening. Here what I ordered; Got the basics to get me going - Once I have had time to play with it, I will look to using different products to the Sonus. Also have...
  16. Gunn79

Self Wheel Refurb - Advice & Progress Thread

As I have 2 sets of OE Teg alloys and tyres (currently wearing the summer championship white ones) I have decided to refurb the gun metal set that came with my car. I am going to do the process myself, both the prep and finish. Basically this thread will be a diary of my progress, and also a...
  17. Gunn79

Deep Clean On The Teg

Over the past couple of months, I have neglected the Teg's paint, and havent been washing her as much as I used to. So I decided to give it a good deep clean on the paintwork. Started off with a foam bath, followed by a hand wash with Megs NXT shampoo. Dried of with a silicone blade and a Meg's...
  18. Gunn79

Boredom Defined! (Exhaust Related)

Well, I was particularly bored at the weekend, and with my limited mechanical skills, decided to clean up and paint my OE and Spoon back boxes. I have from time to time thought the Spoon N1 was a bit too loud with a fully stripped interior, so decided to swap it for the OE back box. I had a...
  19. Gunn79

My GF's New Car - Ibiza GTI 16V (cleaned)

Here is my GF's new car. Its a Seat Ibiza GTI 16V. This car is basically a MK4 VW Polo body, with the 150Bhp 2.0 16V engine from the MK3 Golf GTI 16V. I believe the car is pretty much the same as the Cupra version, but with more comfort features. Mods on the car when we bought it; - 17" MIM...
  20. Gunn79

New Wheels For The Teg

Nothing too exciting on the wheel choice, but I am very happy all the same. I managed to get hold of a virtually brand new set of Championship White 15" ITR wheels. They were imported from Japan as second hand parts. I guess in Japan, the previous owner kept them as a spare set for when it...
  21. Gunn79

Toda B Pipe (EP3)

Will the Toda B pipe (center section & center silencer) fit an EP3, with the OE back or other aftermarket back boxes like the Spoon N1, or will it only fit with the Toda back box??
  22. Gunn79

Norris - Ran A 9.26 At Pod....

Stolen from MLR.... (Link to thread, including Videos ) MLR CLICKY!!!!!!!! 9.26 Run Vid Clicky!!! 8)
  23. Gunn79

Clutch Pedal Problem

My Teg is a W reg (2000) on 53,000 miles. I have only had it since August 2006 (47K miles) so I cannot say whether or not it has had a clutch change prior to me owning it. This morning when I reversed it out of the garage, I thought the bite point felt a bit low, but just put it down to me...
  24. Gunn79

Can't edit thread titles?? (This one works!)

On my car build up thread, I usually edit the title to include the updated date - I can't see how you edit the titles now?? Any help appreciated. :D
  25. Gunn79

El Cheapo!

Ebay DC5 Clicky!!!! Either dodgy or a mis-type! :smt017
  26. Gunn79

Harness

Having used the cheap Sparco harnesses I borrowerd off my sister, I am gonna get myself some. I was looking at possibly the Sabelt Lightweight 4 Point Harness; Sabelt Clicky! Or a cheaper alternative is the SRS 4 point; SRS Clicky! The Sabelt has a 3" shoulder, and 2" lap strap, and...
  27. Gunn79

Advice on potential set up please

I was wondering if some of you could cast your eye over the following, and give your thoughts. I am looking to have the following supplied and fitted to my UKDM DC2 - Eibach Pro Kit Springs - Rear adjustable camber arms - Rear toe adjusters - Aluminium front upper control arms...
  28. Gunn79

New Tyres - Scrubbing In & Alignment

I have just fitted my Advan Neova's this week on my DC2. Does anyone know how long in miles its best to let the tyres 'scrub in' before you really start pushing them. Taking it easy at the mo due to the winter weather and the tyres feeling a bit too fresh! Also - Is it possible the...
  29. Gunn79

DC2 Tyre Choice

I am gonna need a set of 4 tyres soon for my UK DC2. the two tyres I am gonna choose from, are the OE Bridgstone RE010 (195/55/15) or the Yokohama Advan AD05 LTS. The Bridgestones are good IMO, I currently have a set. The car was designed to wear them as OE, and offer the typical stiff side...
  30. Gunn79

Hamp Filter

Soon I will be doing an engine oil change on my DC2 - Is the HAMP oil filter worth getting over the OE Honda filter?? A lot of people seem keen to use them, but what actual difference is there?? I have been quoted £19.98 inc VAT. for a HAMP filter & drain plug and delivery from Performance...
  31. Gunn79

FN2 Is This New??

Mods - Please delete if its old news.... HONDA ANNOUNCES NEW CIVIC TYPE R · Reworked engine makes power more accessible · More refined, easier to use every day · Still exhilarating to drive – 0-62mph in 6.6seconds · Stiffer chassis, unique...
  32. Gunn79

BUILD UP - DC2 Integra Type R *UPDATED 10/03/07*

2000 (W) Milano Red DC2 Integra Type-R This thread will be continually updated with what I do to my car. Bought in August 2006, as a 2 previous owner, 47,000 mile, factory standard car. Generally in excellent condition, both on the exterior and interior. August 21st 2006 - Honda OE Rear...
  33. Gunn79

J's racing Exhausts & DC2

Does anyone have fitted, or know about the J's racing exhausts. The UK website (Sumo Power) lists the following; CIRCUIT MUFFLER TITANIUM 60RR CIRCUIT MUFFLER TITANIUM 60RS DC2 CIRCUIT MUFFLER I (non TI) DC2 CIRCUIT MUFFLER II (non TI) They also carry this image; Does...
  34. Gunn79

2000 (W) Milano Red Integra Type R *UPDATE PG.2*

Here is my 2000 (W) Milano Red Integra Type R. It has 2 previous owners, and is on 47,000 miles. Car is factory standand. Spent a bit of time cleaning her today, so here are some pictures... Not had a chance to detail the engine bay yet.... Car came with this...
  35. Gunn79

CD Player Advice (Pioneer)

The DC2 I have bought (picking up Saturday) has this stereo fitted, Its model number is DEH-P77MP, I have looked up the spec but its all gobbledygook to me - I never even changed from the factory fit stereo in the CTR! I think it costs around £250 new - Does anyone know if its any...
  36. Gunn79

Couldnt Get TRO!!

For the last hour, I have been unable to access the correct TRO site. Upon trying to access the site, i was directed to a different webpage. This page had the TRO URL, even the little red 'R'. BUT the page was as below; BIG PIC CLICKY! Even resetting and clearing the cookies etc... didnt...
  37. Gunn79

CTR To DC2

Well, just transfered my insurance policy over from the CTR to the DC2. I am currently with Adrian Flux, with a Royal Sunalliance policy, with 2 months left till renewal. The DC2 is cheaper to insure, by £20, which works out at £570 for the year, with 7 years protected NCB and a £300...
  38. Gunn79

Deposit Placed On New Car (pics) :twisted:

Had a long day today. First off was in Torquay at the Honda dealers finalizing the sale of my CTR as they are buying it in. I will be dropping it off to them on Monday afternoon. Then the rest of the day was spent viewing and test driving my new Type R at a Honda Authorised dealers. Had a...
  39. Gunn79

Alloy Wheel Corrosion Potential Claim (Pics)

I have taken these pics of my original CTR alloys for my local Honda dealer to take a look at, as I want to put in a claim, due to wheel/paint defects as seen in the pictures below. The defects are on all 4 wheels. As I work Mon-Fri, and this appears to be the...
  40. Gunn79

:arrow: 53 NHB Civic Type R *UPDATED 17/07/06*

Here is my November 53 NHB Civic Type R to date. I have owned since November 2004, and have made a few modifications, which are as follows. ENGINE Hondata OE Airbox Modification ITG Drop In Panel Filter Spoon B Pipe Spoon N1 Muffler Spoon Oil Cap Spoon Radiator Cap Spoon...
  41. Gunn79

Sunny Day - Clean Car Pics Time! (56K Warning)

Just a quick wash, dry and wax, with some attention paid to the tyres and wheels. Makes such a difference to the pictures tho when its a beautiful sunny day like today - Nothing to interesting or adventurous with the pictures, just some clean shots on my driveway - Hope you like :D...
  42. Gunn79

Modified OE Airbox Guide Link / Available filters??

I am pretty sure there is a link/webpage detailing the modification of the OE air box (cutting out the internals). Can someone post it if they know it. Cheers. :D
  43. Gunn79

J's Racing Strut Brace & OE Airbox Fitment

I have a J's Racing front upper strut brace coming to me next week. But today I reverted back to the OE airbox after I removed my AEM CAI. I know the strut brace would have fitted with the AEM, but the OE airbox I am unsure of - It looks big! I have seen the Gruppe M fitted with a J's Racing...
  44. Gunn79

TRO's First Birthday (Anything Planned?) :smt026

Guessing the TRO will have been going strong 1 year sometime in August - Is there anything being planned to mark the occasion etc... or is it gonna slip by without much fuss. Could be a good excuse for a get together or event etc... It is a couple of months off, but best to plan early if...
  45. Gunn79

AEM CAI Filter Clean (Unexpected Problem!)

This evening I took the time to clean my AEM CAI filter in preparation for the Summer and this Sundays Rolling Road day. I have had the AEM CAI for approx. 14 months and 12000 miles. I clean it at 6000 mile intervals. After I had removed my spare wheel and moved the arch liner out of the...
  46. Gunn79

Pictures & Review Of Mine After A Visit To TGM

On 20/04/06 I made the trek (178miles) up to TGM. After leaving at 5:30am I arrived at 9:00am at TGM's premises to be met by Tom Gannon. I was there to have the Eibach Pro Kit springs fitted, and a full laser alignment with a more aggressive 'fast road' set up, and also to have my JDM rear...
  47. Gunn79

Who Is This Being Owned By A 1.4 Lupo??

4th April @ Santa Pod :D
  48. Gunn79

My CTR Apres Meg's Treatment

Started the cleaning process off yesterday. Cleaned the wheels with Wonder Wheels, and removed any tar spots with AutoGlym Tar Remover. Washed the car with AutoGlym Bodywork Shampoo, and then dried the bodywork using a combination of a silicone blade and a Meg's Water Magnet Towell. Then it...
  49. Gunn79

Alignment Problem, Camber Adjusters And Fast Road Set Up

Over the last couple of days, I noticed my CTR was pulling to the right, and I needed to hold the steering wheel off center to the left whilst driving straight. This is a little strange as I havent hit a curb, pothole etc... I guess its just down to the particularly bad roads around where I...
  50. Gunn79

Poly bushes and JDM ARB

As I will be fitting my JDM ARB from the Group Buy fairly shortly (when they are sent out) - I have read that further improvement can be made by uprating the bushes to polyurethene items; Can anyone confirm this, and suggest a good place to get the poly bushes from (part numbers would be...
  51. Gunn79

Cusco Type OS Strut Braces

Can anyone confirm if the Cusco Type OS Front Strut Brace fits a CTR with air-con without having to move or modify anything in the engine bay?? I have had an email from Performance Solution suggesting that its a direct fit for all EP3 models. Just want to confirm this. Also does anyone...
  52. Gunn79

The Other Car (56K No No)

....that I helped co-build. Behold - I present the Super-Shitbox! This car gets more looks than any other car I have been in bar the Mini Moke my mate used to have. Me and a mate built it up from an 80's styled 1.2 we pulled from a field...
  53. Gunn79

DC2 DB8 DC5 JDM DC2 Turbo Teg On Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Integra-DC2-Type-R-Turbo-Built-By-Top-Fuel-Japan_W0QQitemZ4613578773QQcategoryZ18206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Looks all good in the pictures - He states there was light rear damage, but has been repaired. I know bidding has ended - but just incase it gets re-listed...
  54. Gunn79

Improving The Handling Without Springs/Dampers

I am considering improving the way my CTR handles. Only problem is, I dont want to go down the Springs/Dampers route (basically dont want to lower the car, or make the ride harder). This is because of the state of the roads in SW Devon, very bumpy and pitted. I genuinely think that my car...
  55. Gunn79

Checking Engine Coolant & Filling etc....

Right - Although I regularly check and keep an eye on engine oil levels, I am guilty of never having checked the coolant level. Looking in my owners manual, I have read the 'How to check', and 'How to top up' (and with what). My level in the 'Engine Coolant Reservoir' is about 2cm above the...
  56. Gunn79

DC Sports Rear Lower Tie Bar

Does anyone have this fitted?? Does it actually give any improvement that you can noitice (or is it more of a 'show' item)?? Would fitting one to an otherwise standard suspension set up be adviseable, or would a front brace be needed to balance out. Also for those who have one - How hard is...
  57. Gunn79

FAO J's Racing Engine Bay Strut Brace Owners With Air-Con

This is primarily directed at people with Air-Con and the J's strut brace; I guess some people have had their strut brace fitted for some time now, and I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with how the Air-Con pipe sits through the strut mount and pushes up against the rocker cover of...
  58. Gunn79

All Honda Engine Codes And Info

Here you go - not easy to read, but all the info is there. Code Displacement Power Torque Compression Bore Stroke Cam Design VTEC? OBD Production A20A3 1955 122 9.3:1 0 0 sohc no 0 1988-1989 Accord B16A 1595 168@7800 116@7300 10.4:1 81 77.4 dohc yes 2 1996-2000 Civic VTi B16A 1595...
  59. Gunn79

Spoon Reservoir Covers

I can find these for sale in blue with white writing on Ebay and the SSEL website, BUT I am sure I have seen them before in orangey/red with black writing. Its these I am after. Are they genuine Spoon, or 'copies' as most Spoon stuff seems to be blue or yellow. Anyone know where I...
  60. Gunn79

Apexi Hayabusa Compared To OE Exhaust [PICS]

Here is a visual comparisson between the Apexi Hayabusa CAT back system (back box and B pipe) and the standard OE CTR B pipe. As you can see, there is a noticeable difference between the diameter of the OE pipe and the Apexi s/s pipe. And for Trung, here are some...
  61. Gunn79

Spoon B Pipe Arrived [Pics & Fitting Question] *NOW ON**

Well, my Spoon B Pipe arrived today :D Would just like to say what an excellent service I received from Chris Albert of Holden Honda, Norwich. My number was passed onto him after I made an initial enquiry with ADH. I ordered the B Pipe by telephone Tuesday, had a brief chat about it with...
  62. Gunn79

What B Pipe To Use With OE Back Box & CAT??

I recently have removed and sold my old Apexi Hayabusa system (B pipe & Back box). With the OE system back on, I am noticing the restrictiveness at top end RPM. I hear the OE back box is good for 300Bhp, and looking at the OE system when it was off my car, compared to the Apexi system, the...
  63. Gunn79

H Reg. Mk2 Polo Cutting Out

My GF's Polo is having problems; Its a H reg. 1.0L Mk2 Volkswagon Polo. Its a very basic car, ie; No Servo assisted brakes, no electric anything, carb fed without injection or an ECU etc...very much a base model car. The problem is, when slowing down, such as approaching a roundabout of...
Back