• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. civeeek

Returning to UK - Reputable Insurer Needed (not many around!)

Thanks guys, I'll give some of your ideas a try and see how I get on! Alot of the forum insurers want at least 1 year NCB before quoting... I dont have any NCB history here that is transferable really. My car/driver is leased by the company, and I'm insured as a named driver by the lease...
  2. civeeek

Returning to UK - Reputable Insurer Needed (not many around!)

Hi Everyone, Looking at a possible return to the UK. Picked out the car I want (05/06 Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro). I've had my licence 14 years, never had a claim, but as I've been out of the UK for a while I have no NCB. I've done the usual directline, gocompare, etc. Prices range from £850 -...
  3. civeeek

2013 Type R

May be a repost, I havent come across it in the forum, but has anyone seen this? http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/273562/honda_civic_type_r_is_back.html?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Outbrain+Honda Does anyone have any insight as to how the 210bhp engine will...
  4. civeeek

My Alabaster Silver FN2 CTR GT

hahaha D'oh! They look good all the same!
  5. civeeek

My Alabaster Silver FN2 CTR GT

The decals from Honda come with a template that lines up with the rear arch trim, so unless you are a total eejit, its hard to screw up.
  6. civeeek

ECU Fault on Dad's Volvo!

I know its not Honda related, but this place is full of smart folk who can help me with this one! Dear old Dad's S60 D5 has got an ECU fault on it...so its been into Volvo who have said it needs a new mass airflow meter & they want 300 notes for it! So I have 2 questions for the group! 1) Is...
  7. civeeek

FN2 Squeeking Issue

This. Mine used to eat brakes like a fat bird eats cake.
  8. civeeek

How to calculate your MPG

I've got an work sponsored C4 picasso hire car til I leave tomorrow night. Never really driven a diesel before, but I nearly sh*t when I saw mpg. Half a tank gone and covered 300miles! Though to be fair its no the quickest, I've had faster bowel movements, so blowing fuel out the back of a Type...
  9. civeeek

FN2 First day .... first concern

If the "notch" is about 1/4 the way down when you press the pedal, then its a knackered pedal - common. If its about 3/4 the way down, then its a knackered master cylinder - common. I got through 3-4 of each during my time with the FN2. Fixed under warranty. But Honda havent done anything to...
  10. civeeek

Milano 'n' Black FN2

Nice! Shame about the CTRO sticker :lol:
  11. civeeek

reverse cameras?

Whatever happened to mirrors? Whats the world come to! ;)
  12. civeeek

Clean! My FN2 GT...

Gone. 14'400 euros. I'm farking distraught!
  13. civeeek

Super E10 BioFuel

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20110301-33421.html Was reading about this, this morning. The Germans have this on more and more forecourts...cant say I've noticed the price is any different though! Does anyone know if this fuel is ok to run in a CTR? Or does anyone have any info on this fuel...
  14. civeeek

Clean! My FN2 GT...

Fail...just fail.
  15. civeeek

Clean! My FN2 GT...

A Toyota wish. A sad, sad day beckons...company cars in Thailand FTL.
  16. civeeek

Clean! My FN2 GT...

Meeting with Honda on Friday to discuss the buy-back numbers... Not sure if the lump in my throat is the upset at handing it back, the offer, or the managers balls in an attempt to increase the offer.
  17. civeeek

ep3 turbo manifold from america

If I were to go to the expense of turbo charging my car, I would not be entrusting the life of my engine to a $75 manifold!
  18. civeeek

major problem with CTR

knackered spark plugs?
  19. civeeek

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Feck! I'm having mine out this weekend and having a look at them!
  20. civeeek

Advice please, which petrol to use

Does your car have in-drive refuelling capability for extended range to the county border?
  21. civeeek

Indicatorless option'd topless hooligan

I'll post this now, so that you can appreciate it whilst you can. Dear Lee, RIP, he was a much valued member of TRO, and shall be sorely missed.
  22. civeeek

Teigwa Tow Hook FN2

Nope I dont...looks shocking.
  23. civeeek

Clutch pedal clicking

Yep its a new one, almost 3 years old with 35k on it. The problem is, Honda know its a common fault, but havent done anything about it. So they just keep replacing parts they know will break! Could be my footwork as well, as I've heard a few FN2's have needed just the one replacement, but...
  24. civeeek

Clutch pedal clicking

I'm on my 5th cylinder and 3rd pedal. 1/4 way noise is a problem with the pedal, which is a "click" 1/2 way noise is a problem with the cylinder which is more of a "clunk"
  25. civeeek

Clutch pedal clicking

when you press the pedal, how far down does it go before it clicks?
  26. civeeek

Advice please, which petrol to use

Aral (which is basically www.BP.de) do the "BP" ultimate 102ron stuff...I cram that in mine! Is the BP ultimate in UK 102ron-age?
  27. civeeek

I think I'm starting to really like these..

Sat in one last week...equally ***** from all interior angles as well.
  28. civeeek

Where do I place the jack stands???

Neily03 is my manual :smt023
  29. civeeek

FN2 Type R 2 year 25k Service

Would not be taking my FN2 to a stealer who does not even know the proper service schedule of my car. Find a new stealer before they ar*e it up and do some damage.
  30. civeeek

My old ITR'S & New 500whp+ Accord Type R

PMSL at the sync'd "FOOOOKINELLLLLLLLLL"!
  31. civeeek

FN2 Standard Wheel Colour Change

Wheels on! Here are a couple of quick pictures. I set out this morning to give them a scrub down and sort the grey tyres out...but its cold outside, so feck it! Chap at Honda is pricing up having the door handles and fuel cap painted to match...but I'm not sure what I'd think to that yet.
  32. civeeek

I think I'm starting to really like these..

CRZ Type R!! Best have 300bhp!
  33. civeeek

Custom prototype induction kit! R-spec **UPDATE**page 1

Blue Peter induction kit...not convinced.
  34. civeeek

Nothing. :(:(:( Moving to Bangkok end of January. Under company rules, they wont cover my medical & life insurance if I am driving a car. There are horror stories of locals throwing themselves under the wheels of expat cars in order to get giant payouts. This puts a downer on things! So the...
  35. civeeek

Wheels now on the car, minus centre caps. 1 got butchered during refurb, so pics will have to wait until Saturday. However, they look farking awesome! On a separate note, Honda offered me €16'500 for the car when I hand it back in Jan. I only owe €17'500 on it, so I'm pretty relieved at that!
  36. civeeek

My DC2. Haters please assemble at Pg87

Completely random thought, which belongs in another thread, but I have never seen a speed hump in Germany...
  37. civeeek

Hks hi power silencer removal

Take a note of the registration plate...never buy if it comes onto the market.
  38. civeeek

MeisterR Drag Racing Civic Speed Hunter Feature

I see the problem...the turbo isnt big enough!
  39. civeeek

Awesome! Thank you very much!
  40. civeeek

Red wheel nuts that wont fade

It is hard enough to resist the wheel brace? Or did you wrap a bit of masking tape around them? Or am I talking complete ar*e? This is on my to-do list now...looks awesome.
  41. civeeek

Thank you sir. Could I beg a favour? Could you measure your diameter for me please? My wheels are with Honda at the moment, so I cant get a measurement.
  42. civeeek

Mook raised a good point. Does anyone know if the FN2 standard rims have the same centre cap diameter as the EP3? Where is Neily03, I know he has a parts manual under his pillow!
  43. civeeek

Thanks Davek, Honda called me today. €220 for all 4 to be repaired and sprayed in Crystal Black Pearl. Didnt think that was bad...? Does Mook still do red H's for the centre caps? Will get the pics up when completed (Nov' 2nd)
  44. civeeek

cruise control not engaging

You can hear the switch engage...its about the first inch or half inch of pressing it. Very faint "click"...I knows it, I spend half my life listening for the "clunk" a bit futher down which tells me my 5th master cylinder is farked!
  45. civeeek

revving to high?

Bahn cruising 180kmh 5800Rpm...my carbon footprint will be my legacy, I swear it on my life!
  46. civeeek

Engine Oil Question

Have a look through the oil section on here. You will read some members get through 1lt every 1000 miles or less! Perfectly normal...
  47. civeeek

Davek, what paint are your rims? Is it the old NHB or the new black pearl jobby?
  48. civeeek

Winter Tyres

Dunlop Wintersport FTW
  49. civeeek

'99 ATR Pirates Black Pearl - Clutch problem

I have these on my winter wheels and they do a pretty good job! Willkommen by the way!
  50. civeeek

new my 200sx and civic

51. civeeek

Clicking clutch - clunking gearchange....

LMAO, the cruise control clicks when I push the cruise control button, cant say I have ever heard the button click when I've pressed my clutch pedal!
  52. civeeek

new my 200sx and civic

53. civeeek

Clicking clutch - clunking gearchange....

Clutch master cylinder is farked young sir...I've had 3 go on mine. Get it in and sorted, its a common fault so the warranty will cover it.
  54. civeeek

Screeching clutch - advice please!

Cool, mine does this and I never bothered with it. Now I know you got a new clutch and flywheel, I'll be down my Honda garage making some noise! Then thats something else to go on my never ending list of FN2 faults...
  55. civeeek

Clean! My FN2 GT...

Thanks, I'll bear it in mind and give him a call when I know what the score is. PiperX needs to come off at the end of the month before the weather turns. Any takers, £50 delivered?
  56. civeeek

Talk to me about Prelude's

Mine was the 2.2 JDM SI...I think the JDM's are SI's...we are going back a few years now. But it was rock solid, ran like a dream for the year I had it. Very weird Axminster style carpets in them (as seen in the PH ad), and very very thirsty! You might find it to be a bit rattle and creaky. The...
  57. civeeek

102 Ron?

I was having a tootle about on Saturday, and the Aral (Germany's BP cousin) station near where we live had this 102 ron fuel on the pump. Worked out to be about £1.31 per litre. At what point does running these higher ron fuels become a danger to the engine (assuming its a danger at all)?
  58. civeeek

Throttle position Sensor

Dont quote me...but if this is whats known as an idle control valve, then if you search the forum, you will find a how-to guide on cleaning it. Saves you £77 + tw*t tax!
  59. civeeek

Clean! My FN2 GT...

My reign as Watcher-of-the-Reich has come to an end. Myself and the lass should be signing new contracts this month, and then they will move us to the adidas office in Bangkok in Jan or early Feb time. I did hammer out a few options so I can keep hold of the car, it all turned out to be more...
  60. civeeek

Clean! My FN2 GT...

Agreed, that would finish it off nicely and that was my plan...but having clayed and polished the car before starting that mission I just could not be ar*ed, as you can probably tell by the odd splodge my attention was wavering throughout! The car is going in January, so it probably wont get...
  61. civeeek

Clean! My FN2 GT...

Been putting this job off for ages...partly because I'm a lazy fecker, and mostly havent had the time. But today it was either helping the lass with the housework, or hiding out in the garage! Foliatec mission as follows, in pics! Fronts... Rears... Figuring out the...
  62. civeeek

civic ep3 turbo. how?

:lol::lol::lol: Welcome to TRO by the way.
  63. civeeek

Suppose it makes sense. The standard are my winter set, so easier to hide the filth! The car is going in January, so now thinking whether its worth going with a new colour, or just a standard refurb?
  64. civeeek

Thanks Davek! I thought about going black. I think I would need more black on the car so it "blends" in a little better. Much like your bumper and grill...it helps mesh in with the black rims.
  65. civeeek

Do any of you fellows have a pic of a Milano FN2 on CW standard rims? I want to call Honda up this week and get them cracking on the refurbs... Cheers Sean
  66. civeeek

How to paint your brake calipers.

Good write up, I will definately be out buying 2 more axle stands! But scary nood question...does anyone have a diagram or a photo of where I should best place the axle stands on an FN2? And if Neily03 says "under the axles", I'll get Lee to superman punch you! :lol::lol:
  67. civeeek

quick OEM brake question?

Lol, FAIL. I didnt explain that so well did I! Honda have a ramp thing that lifts the car up by the jack points, so the wheels hang free...not sure if there is a technical term for these, but thats what I meant!:lol:
  68. civeeek

quick OEM brake question?

Come and do mine! I've had the gear to tackle mine for a month or more. But I dont have access to a ramp, which makes the job so much more of a ballache. Get each corner up, scrub them down and mask them off, then go round again and do the painting. The paint goes funky after 4 hours, so its...
  69. civeeek

Misfire all of a sudden - It's like a tractor

A friend once had a similar issue, turned out to be the "hook" at the end of the spark pulg had broken off.
  70. civeeek

fn2 in at dealers

Dude, it takes 45 mins...trust me, mines going in for its 4th next week...what are they playing at? EDIT: Its the clutch master cylinder...not release bearing.
  71. civeeek

FN2 FN2 2nd Gear

Epic noob FAIL...in my defence...ah screw it, I have no defence. :rolleyes: I know that gases expand at temp, but I wasnt expecting the reading to be quite so high. Bit worried about autobahning with tyres pushing 40psi!
  72. civeeek

new CR-X? Updated: CR-Z

Had a look around one in the showroom on Friday. I'm not sure about the pricing in Blighty, but they start at 22k Euros here. And 26k Euro for the GT. Its only another 2k for the FN2 GT! Madness! Its a lot of money for not much car. I appreciate the technology and all that, but surely they...
  73. civeeek

Ep3 Tyres?

Had them on the front of a 4th gen Prelude...and a mate had them on the rear of a 200sx. Found them to be a decent tyre, not terribly expensive, did exactly what it said on the tin.
  74. civeeek

FN2 FN2 2nd Gear

Just to update on the outcome of the Honda visit... Clutch master cylinder knackered + clutch pedal assembly equally knackered. This is why I am having trouble getting a clean 2nd gear selection...apparently. Warranty job! Front brake discs in good order and 8-9mm left on the pads. So no...
  75. civeeek

milano red FN2

You know when you mix the foliatec stuff, will it last long enough for me to jack up each side of the car, get the 2 coats on, and then do the other side? My kit came yesterday, and the pot is quite small, will it really go round 4 calipers twice? (apologies for thread hijack!)
  76. civeeek

Just catching up with your thread...sorry to hear about your troubles! June doesnt seem to be a good month for FN2 owners!
  77. civeeek

FN2 FN2 2nd Gear

Dunno my old... Its going in tomorrow afto, so I'll let you know what they find. Its in there every 3 months of late, I might ask for my own private parking space! Its booked in for a front end respray in July, thats €950 + **** tax!
  78. civeeek

FN2 FN2 2nd Gear

It either wont go in at all, with eyewatering crunching noises. Or, it goes in, you give it the beans and it spits is straight out!
  79. civeeek

FN2 FN2 2nd Gear

Brakes were my fault...I cooked them on the autobahn on Saturday. Gear/clutch issues, not so sure. I dont snap the changes or anything like that. I would say that I dont always have the clutch down on the floor all the time when changing, but not sure this is too much of an issue? I do...
  80. civeeek

FN2 FN2 2nd Gear

Cheers! hmmm not sure what the issue with mine is then. Its going back in on Friday for its 4th clutch master cylinder. It was only replaced 4 weeks ago. Its also getting its 3rd set of brakes, its only got 30k on the clock. Then I think there is a slow puncture or an issue with the alloy...
  81. civeeek

FN2 FN2 2nd Gear

Hi Everyone, Just a quick enquiry. I'm sure I have read on here before that there were recalls on early FN2's because of an issue with 2nd gear? Does anyone know what the issue/symptoms were? I'm having issues changing up into 2nd when doing anything more aggressive than the usual tootling...
  82. civeeek

Brake disc help

Turns out they are 2mm less on the diameter...
  83. civeeek

FN2 Brake Recommendations...

Does anyone know where I can find a definitive brake guide? I want to be able to read up on which brakes are suited for which driving conditions (ambient temp's, brake disc operating temps', benefits/pitfalls of grooved vs flat disc's etc). Real geeky stuff is needed! The POS has just gone...
  84. civeeek

Brake disc help

balancemotorsport.co.uk have recommended that I go with the grooved stoptechs on the front, leave OEM on the rear, but to put Yellowstuff pads all round. German TUV and logbook requirements mean I'd have to declare these as upgrades and list them on my logbook and insurance. So DS2500's wouldnt...
  85. civeeek

Brake disc help

Really interested to know how you rate these Stoptech dics. My 2nd set of brakes in 30k went on Saturday. Honda OEM brakes are complete and utter tripe. I was on the bahn headed home from England, and they gave up after a couple of hours use. And it wasnt particularly heavy braking! I need a...
  86. civeeek

FN2 Brake Recommendations...

ello' ello' ello', I'll be back on the island next week, and I'm planning on giving the calipers a scrub and refurb. So, depending on cost, I want to change the discs and pads whilst I am at it. I quite fancy dropping a set of vented/grooved jobbies on, more for the bling factor than anything...
  87. civeeek

Nicely done sir. What you want to do next is get a nice 2nd hand PiperX on there...say £50 + delivery?
  88. civeeek

FN2 Hot off the press - Tdi North.

Cheers James. Perhaps a thread for FN2 induction kit options from Touge required?
  89. civeeek

How much is the FN2 GM in your container?
  90. civeeek

Agreed. £927.48 + VAT + Tw@t tax + Delivery... Good look with this one James@Touge! :lol::lol:
  91. civeeek

Lolz, got it now! Sweepstake on price anyone?
  92. civeeek

Why the feck is there a K&N sticker on it...
  93. civeeek

If its as good as I've read it is for the EP3, then this is a definate FAIL. (I know the EP3 was open cone...)
  94. civeeek

FN2 Clutch Pedal

Its gone again...
  95. civeeek

Opinions on this please :)

:lol::lol::lol:
  96. civeeek

Opinions on this please :)

Its a shot of the roof showing reflection of the houses in background...not a flood damaged street!
  97. civeeek

2000 rpm buzz from the engine

I fixed a 2000rpm buzz in mine at the weekend. Turned out the PIA to fit bracket on the PiperX actually serves a purpose...
  98. civeeek

Jdm ecu

I would have thought you'd need teh JDM engine bits & bolt ons as well for this to work at all...? Could be wrong, Dotty is former JDM owner, he'll put you straight.
  99. civeeek

KAD brakes anyone?? (EP3 6 pot caliper upgrade)

Never heard of them myself, but just because they are the 2nd hit on google doesnt mean its for all the right reasons! More research...
Back