• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Evs

FD2 Price of a NEW FD2 CTR

:idea: :p :lol:
  2. Evs

FN2 The White FN2

I thought it looked good inside the tent - when I was outside it :p Nice to see them putting a LSD in though :cool:
  3. Evs

Carbon Fibre Wheels

...or some 'carbon look' wheel trims for £24.99... :lol:
  4. Evs

FN2 Wheels

I reckon they'd go straight on a DC5 with no problems at all. I think they're the same size and offset as the 'storm' ones that 'SpideyMack' had on a silver one. http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14723
  5. Evs

Carbon Fibre Wheels

Those Weds look superb, I really like that pattern of wheel anyway :cool: Surprised the bolt holes just look like holes in the carbon, not inserts :? [edit: Nick - oh yes :cool: ]
  6. Evs

FD2 Spoon FD2

Sorry mate I'd forgotten you were a fan of the brown/carbon cliche look :p Can't decide whether I still prefer bronze CE28s to those grey RE30s though... :lol:
  7. Evs

FD2 Spoon FD2

Loving those wheels :cool:
  8. Evs

FD2 Toda catback for the FD2

No bracing of the centre box... :rolleyes:
  9. Evs

FD2 Warning to prospective FD2 owners!

:lol: @ Dynax
  10. Evs

Any chassis bracing present, or was it a delete option? :lol:
  11. Evs

The Buddyclub RSDs (10F/16R) I had on my DC5 a while ago would qualify - make a FD2 feel like a limo! :lol:
  12. Evs

S2000 & NSX S2000 with new wheels, almost there.

Very nice - really suit the car imho :cool:
  13. Evs

WTF? :confused: Another internet urban myth begins :rolleyes: I thought the (standard) one I drove was fine and actually rode quite well - I suppose it all depends on what you're used to...
  14. Evs

FN2 3 things wrong with mine

Ah I see, fair enough :cool: FN2 just seemed like a very odd choice for you as a personal buy! :lol:
  15. Evs

FN2 3 things wrong with mine

You work at an import dealer and you bought a FN2? :?
  16. Evs

DC2 DB8 DC5 Champ white paint code

NH-0 (Hearing Aid Beige :p )
  17. Evs

FD2 fd2 importer in the southwest

www.torque-gt.co.uk :cool:
  18. Evs

DC2 DB8 DC5 1998 / 1999 DC2 Type R

It's a pleasure mate - good luck with the search :D Black eh? :o :cool:
  19. Evs

Belt - change it at 72k or 5 years IIRC. Seen them on track with 165k still going (very) strongly... :cool: Re gearbox, not sure it's specific gear just check it's still smooth.
  20. Evs

Cheapest I've seen is £3200 for one that went somewhere on the south coast about a fortnight ago. Six figure mileage but it still looked OK. There's one up for £3500 atm but it's in Scotland so not that convenient for you. There should be lots of choice around the £4500 mark tbh. Check all the...
  21. Evs

DC2 DB8 DC5 Where to start?

You've probably bought the wrong car then tbh :? There's not much you can do easily or cheaply to make more power. Why not just drive it and enjoy it for what it is? :idea:
  22. Evs

FD2 BTCC

Interesting, as that absolutely wasn't their stance when they decided to run DC5s for the '05 season because they thought it would be faster - even though Honda wanted them to continue with the EP3. Matt's in a Vectra this year anyway though - so maybe he doesn't want TD to be too quick...
  23. Evs

FD2 Black FD2

:rolleyes:
  24. Evs

FD2 BTCC

I think the 5-door latest shape Civic is FK- IIRC FK2 is the 5-door one with the R18A lump, which was probably the base car for the TD BTCC entry. Surprised Honda didn't think to promote the hybrid by running the FD bodyshell in BTCC. Might have fitted well with their green stance. Never...
  25. Evs

FD2 Black FD2

But they do do them in brown - aka magnoilia, white with a hint of sh**e etc etc... :p
  26. Evs

FD2 Black FD2

Love it, wish they did them in black :x
  27. Evs

Defi DIN set - anyone experiance with them?

Interesting (and surprising tbh), thanks for passing the info on :D I think that black/red combo will look fine in your ATR - they'll be mounted away from the main gauges anyway, and still a much better option than the green imho.
  28. Evs

SPA do some 52mm analogue gauges that you can get in white with red illumination: http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/design/gauges.asp
  29. Evs

Some suppliers for you to try... www.maplin.co.uk www.farnell.com www.rs-components.com Farnell and RS have links for your country, and quite a few different types of LEDs (understatement). Try a Google search on these for different links to local sites etc.
  30. Evs

Ah, sorry, I see what you mean now :) Mugen do some larger ones in a pod for dash-top mounting, they're white with red illumination, but they're twice the size, twice the cost and not sure how they'd fit with the ATR dash :? As for the DIN setup, I can't see it being all that difficult to...
  31. Evs

:? http://www.defi-shop.com/product/din/din_type.html Scroll down a bit :idea:
  32. Evs

FD2 Space saver tire for FD2 type R

You shouldn't run a space saver on the front of a car with LSD anyway, as you can knacker the diff. If you get a front puncture then swap the rear tyre to the front and put the space saver on the rear. Point is, it doesn't matter if the space saver won't fit over the front brakes.
  33. Evs

Milano Chris' DC5 Stealth Install- Build thread.

Nice job :cool: Really interesting write-up too - thanks for making the effort to share it with us :D
  34. Evs

RSX Look (DC5) on Civics

WTF? :?
  35. Evs

DC2 DB8 DC5 Whats my car worth Integra Type R 1999 34k

Or both... :idea: :lol:
  36. Evs

DC2 DB8 DC5 Whats my car worth Integra Type R 1999 34k

Sounds nice. Dependent on condition I'd guess at £7-7.5k dependent on how patient you are. But why TF are you chopping it in for a FN2? :?
  37. Evs

CATS?

Alternative would be to get a DC5 manifold (ie 4-2 and 2-1 cat section). Much better design than the OEM CTR parts, smaller cat, less restrictive and no hassle come MOT time.
  38. Evs

Milano Chris' DC5 Stealth Install- Build thread.

I'm enjoying this thread :cool: Any updates please? :D
  39. Evs

K20a genuine tested dyno figures

As Chris says, VTEC makes the engine run nicely at the bottom end and make good power at the top end - it doesn't add anything on a race car. The fact is that the BTCC cars make 300ish from a 2.0 litre K20a and AFAIK they are rev limited. Which tells you something about the following statement...
  40. Evs

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

Good news, thanks for the update :smt023
  41. Evs

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

I don't know for certain as I haven't had a close look at mine. I find it difficult to believe that there's no adjustment there at all though? :?
  42. Evs

DC2 DB8 DC5 bulbs

Is the car lowered? I seem to remember that mine was fine with standard suspension but nowhere near as good after I'd lowered it. Probably something you can sort out manually with the beam adjusters.
  43. Evs

FD2 FD2 exhaust

DC5s don't come undersealed from the factory. I bought mine from Iain and asked him to underseal it, it was no problem. Just something you need to remember to ask for, I suppose.
  44. Evs

*whistles* lol x

I don't understand the question tbh - if there's a problem with the exhaust on a brand new car then just have a go at the dealer for a replacement under warranty... :idea: :lol:
  45. Evs

FD2 FD2 In Black

Very nice :cool: If they did them in black I'd probably have ordered one by now :x
  46. Evs

new CR-X? Updated: CR-Z

Nice concept, particularly like the glass roof & rear. Agree re the nose job though, don't like the protruding/gaping grille - needs toning down a bit imho. According to Autocar this week, they're planning a 1.3 i-VTEC hybrid powertrain. Could always do a K20 transplant I suppose... ;)
  47. Evs

Got me a new shaped Civic for a couple of weeks

So, how did you rate the car then Leeeeee? :? Or have you refused to drive it because it's squalid as well? :lol:
  48. Evs

DC5 ICE INSTALL

Try www.japanparts.com for an OEM shelf. It's a plastic frame with mesh in the middle, spigots and suspending straps that fit it to the tailgate. Not impossible to make but not a 5-minute job either. Personally I'd buy one rather than try to make one. Speakers - tweeter holes in the top of the...
  49. Evs

Some new pics of ours

Nice banana babe ;) :D Hurry up and get the bonnet sorted though! :p
  50. Evs

FD2 getting mine next week!!

Why don't you just pick up a set of stalks from someone who's breaking a JDM car Nick?
  51. Evs

I really really like this

The price is a wind-up, surely? :shock: :? Irrespective of how quick it is I'd much rather have a black or silver EK9 tbh
  52. Evs

S2000 & NSX S2000 Colours.

I don't usually like silver wheels but they work well on that IOP one. :cool: The rear wing / picnic table is gash though :?
  53. Evs

S2000 & NSX S2000 Colours.

When it comes to colour - I'm with Henry Ford.
  54. Evs

S2000 & NSX NSX with TODA throttle bodies

Blue magnesium TE37s - droooooool... :smt118 :smt005
  55. Evs

Interesting project

Love it - something different, and very nicely done :cool:
  56. Evs

S2000 & NSX White S2000 are the best ...

Nice running gear - but you can keep the fridge in the background :rolleyes:
  57. Evs

TODA EP3/DC5 Exhaust Manifold Flex Pipe

Hmm well TDI North charge £70 for fitting a manifold so yes that would be about right. Might be worth looking at somewhere like Blue Flame or Hayward & Scott though as you might be able to get a generic flex section welded in for less than the price of a Toda replacement.
  58. Evs

TODA EP3/DC5 Exhaust Manifold Flex Pipe

Sorry to hear this, mate. Were you using uprated mounts and/or a torque damper?
  59. Evs

Can't edit thread titles?? (This one works!)

Yep thought I'd get that in before someone else did... :idea: :lol:
  60. Evs

Can't edit thread titles?? (This one works!)

Hmm not sure - just tried to edit a couple of threads in the FS section to mark the stuff as sold, but it wouldn't let me. Threads were created in the last week or two :? Could just be me getting it wrong though, of course... :oops: :lol:
  61. Evs

For sale section

No - courier F-up by the look of it :rolleyes: Thanks for looking out for this sort of stuff though guys :cool:
  62. Evs

A few of my DC5 :D

So how is Welsh Rich these days? ;) :p :lol:
  63. Evs

White CTR alloys

I believe that's called 'Championship White' mate ;) :lol:
  64. Evs

FD2 FD2 test drive

It's honestly not the plan tbh. But I do like the look of them, so I can't rule it out atm... :oops:
  65. Evs

FD2 Importing FD2

I would agree. Got my DC5 from him and he's a great bloke imho :cool:
  66. Evs

FD2 FD2 test drive

Unfortunately I think you're right there mate :rolleyes: Might pop up to Litchfield's and have a look at that one next week :-k
  67. Evs

Air box broken?!?

Thanks :D Good link - wasn't sure where you could actually get those filters but I remember them from the 'old days' running carbs etc :lol:
  68. Evs

Air box broken?!?

It's the breather pipe that feeds oil vapour back into the engine via the airbox. AFAIK it won't do any harm to the engine to have it venting into the atmosphere but it's a bit anti-social. Not sure about the legality of it but I wouldn't run it for any length of time like that tbh. You have a...
  69. Evs

Forget A-Plan, give these a go!

You're not wrong there mate. Having had untold conversations with clueless call centre operatives who don't have the DC5 listed on the system 'do you mean the 97-00 1.8?' etc etc, that was a real breath of fresh air. Well chuffed with both the helpfulness and the price - fair play to them :cool:
  70. Evs

I filled the web form in this morning at about 10ish and I got a call back at 1ish. Very helpful chap tbh - someone who knows the meaning of terms such as 'DC5' and 'remapped ECU' :o :cool:
  71. Evs

Uh - stick with your CTR then, you're too young for a DC5 :p ;) :lol:
  72. Evs

Yep - even modded ones, and very reasonably too as I just found out :cool: :D
  73. Evs

Thanks for the link. They beat my Tesco renewal quote on the DC5 by £300! :o :cool: :D Definitely worth a call! :D
  74. Evs

Anyone intrested in a modded DC5?

Gah, they look rubbish in black with bronze rims tbh :? ;) Agree that there's not much profit in it, especially not if the standard parts aren't thrown in with the sale.
  75. Evs

What are the Differnces Between the Facelift and Pre faclift DC5

Your recommendation makes all the difference Lee... :? :lol:
  76. Evs

Why so popular with young people?

Because they remind them of their houses...
  77. Evs

JDM FD2 Type R

Yes: http://www.litimports.co.uk/civic.asp or http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11350&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90
  78. Evs

BC. P1's or Advan RG's

I know what you mean - always planned to get those white TE37s re-done in grey, but could never quite bring myself to do it. Better to sell them as original and then buy another set in the right colour. Trouble is, those Advans only come in white or gold afaik so you're stuck there really :?
  79. Evs

BC. P1's or Advan RG's

Great idea :cool: :lol:
  80. Evs

BC. P1's or Advan RG's

Much prefer bronze but the Advans are a much better looking wheel than the BCs imho... :? I had some white TE37s and used to get loads of nice comments on them, but tbh it always felt a bit chav to me, so I sold them. Bronze gets my vote tbh - looks better in the metal as pics tend to make...
  81. Evs

BUILD UP - DC2 Integra Type R *UPDATED 10/03/07*

Agree with the comments on the calipers - not at all 'chav' imho. They're a sort of bronze/gold colour originally IIRC :cool: Will Hammerite stand up to the heat though? Thought you needed to use specific caliper paint? :?
  82. Evs

Mugen MF10L

This was all going so well, until... :eek: :p :lol:
  83. Evs

Getting closer

You have excellent taste in colour :cool: ;) Price is not bad given that it's retail, at the end of the day if it's what you want and worth the money to you then just go for it :D
  84. Evs

Ouch - be careful potential DC5 owners...

It's not in their stock list atm: http://www.alpinemotors.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=13465&pageid=1
  85. Evs

Back from Honda and need new shocks

Seems odd for such a new-ish car tbh. As above, what's the mileage? :?
  86. Evs

RE010's

Had them as OEM fitment on my DC2. Found them awesome for the first few thousand miles, quite stiff sidewall which suits the smaller rim / higher profile, but I found they went off quite badly and weren't up to much in the wet. Tried Goodyear F1s which were better in the wet but too soft, and...
  87. Evs

FN2 JDM Type R

Nothing. You can buy one from Honda if you like though. I don't really see the problem - I did exactly that with my DC5 and had no problem with it :cool:
  88. Evs

My clean ep3!

Looking very nice. Agree the other comments about the wheels - dark grey on silver looks mint imho :cool:
  89. Evs

Is this going too far??

Um, you are... :p :cool: :cool: :cool: ;)
  90. Evs

FN2 JDM Type R

That's not bad value imho. I bought my DC5 new from Litchfield in 2004 and it cost me about £22k. Yes it cost £14k in Japan but then you've got to ship it, pay all the tax & duty etc and get it on the road. And yes, I could have had a new UKDM EP3 for £4k less or whatever but then you see them...
  91. Evs

Facelift DC5 with Volk Te37's

:smt023 :lol:
  92. Evs

Facelift DC5 with Volk Te37's

The wheels are actually off-white, believe it or not, it's just that the car is even more so... :lol:
  93. Evs

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

I've got one of each, and they're different driving experiences imho, although my DC2 is boggo and the DC5 has a few mods. Which one is for you depends on what you want out of the car. Posted this in response to a similar question on the DC2 forum: I would describe the DC2 as organic...
  94. Evs

FN2 2007 CTR pics

Oh dear - so the whole is (even) less than the sum of its parts then...? :? :lol:
  95. Evs

Re-polished Black ITR

That looks absolutely stunning, nice work fella 8) Makes me want to buy my old one back off my neighbour... :lol:
  96. Evs

BC Gearknob

Looks a bit 'scrubbed new potato' for my liking - prefer the 'heat treated blue tip' of the Spoon one :shock:
  97. Evs

mandrel bending?

Correct - a highly skilled one capable of bending pipes while retaining constant diameter 8) :lol:
  98. Evs

FN2 Will there be a JDM CW hatchback CTR?

Amen to that Andy :smt023 8)
  99. Evs

FN2 Will there be a JDM CW hatchback CTR?

I might be up for importing a coupe/saloon version if the spec stacks up. As for a brown hatchback... Um, nope. :roll: :lol:
Back