• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Gunn79

DC2 exhaust opinions!!

This was a few years ago, so will try my best to remember - I think the manifold was £270, plus you will need the donut gasket and gear box mount as in the pictures, the main gasket is optional, but best to change it to be sure. That lot puts the price over £300 including delivery. I bought it...
  2. Gunn79

DC2 exhaust opinions!!

I had the JDM manifold, Vibrant hi flow cat, Spoon B pipe and Spoon N1 on my UKDM. I also had a stripped interior, including no carpet/headliner. It was loud, but nothing compared to a Buddyclub spec 2. The 98 spec manifold is a really nice bit of kit, obviously fits very well, and is also...
  3. Gunn79

My JRSC JDM Civic Type R ... 308.1 bhp ... Bride & takata's on 17

I took my flare out when I took delivery of my DC5 fresh from Japan, was not too comfortable with the thought of a pyrotechnic sitting in the footwell!
  4. Gunn79

jrsc McPremier Update Pg 5 New Rims

Only watched session 3, car looks like it is going well, good TVR spin avoidance!
  5. Gunn79

Camber problem

Do you have front adjustable camber bolts and rear adjustable camber arms fitted? Only mention it as from the factory, the car does not any scope for adjustment.
  6. Gunn79

Spoon B pipe EP3 help!!

Yeah, thats a decat section, just unbolt and sell on if you don't want it. The triangular flange will mate up with your OEM CAT.
  7. Gunn79

1997 NSX back to standard before she's sold

That looks showroom fresh, good luck with the sale :cool:
  8. Gunn79

DC2 DB8 DC5 B18C8 Engine?????

From what I understand; B18C6 is a UK/Euro Type R engine. B18C5 is a USDM Type R engine. B18C (no numbers) JDM 96/98spec Type R and Si/SiR/SiR-G. There are a few other B18C versions, but I am not aware of a B18C8?? :confused: If it is a JDM engine, then its possible they were confused...
  9. Gunn79

My JDM EP3

I like that, but still prefer the droop more. Will look forward to pics with the new wheels :cool:
  10. Gunn79

My JDM EP3

Looks mint, especially the interior. Lets hope your flare doesn't go off and burn it out :p What does the new style Toda exhaust look like, I loved the style of the old one :cool:
  11. Gunn79

CTR Number 2 is on its way

Is this gonna be the bike transporter?? Like it in silver :cool:
  12. Gunn79

My JDM EP3

Mmmm..fresh wheels :cool: I would go RE040's, but I always loved them on my CTR & DC5.
  13. Gunn79

spoon b-pipe?

He would have paid somewhere in the region of £270 - £300 for his new, if he got it 15,000 miles ago. Going on the mileage, could be 1-2 years old, personally I would not pay that much, but then if new ones are heavily affected by the current exchange rate, then could be worth a look.
  14. Gunn79

98 Spec JDM ITR DC2 y0!

I love 98 Specs :cool: Yours looks very tidy. What spec is it? Any delete options?
  15. Gunn79

My JDM EP3

New pics make it look very :cool: Wheels look a lot better in the above pic :D
  16. Gunn79

Ads slow ep with new parts

Good work with the de-wiper :cool:
  17. Gunn79

Exhaust guide

Here are a couple I had fitted on my old Teg's Integra DC2 Type R JDM 98 Spec manifold Vibrant Hi-Flow CAT Spoon B pipe Spoon N1 muffler Close up of JDM 98 Spec manifold Close up of Vibrant Hi-Flow CAT Close up of Spoon B pipe & N1 OEM DC2 backbox compared to N1 Fitted...
  18. Gunn79

SPC Rear Camber Arms

I had them on my CTR & DC5 - They are also sold under the Eibach brand. Good quality, just make sure you 'grease' them appropriately before fitting.
  19. Gunn79

TEIN Flex from dc5 to ep3

You will probably need the DC5 tie rod ends, IIRC the taper is different.
  20. Gunn79

My New Milano DC5

Nice, red with red Recaros :cool:
  21. Gunn79

DC2 DB8 DC5 Looking for a decent dc2-opinions?

My old one is for sale on the ITR-DC2 forum, very nice car :cool: http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55897
  22. Gunn79

Looking for an awsome exhaust system

Buddy Club Spec II :p old link autoupdated
  23. Gunn79

Harv's Evo FQ330

Sounds good to me - I was very impressed with the AST's on my old DC5.
  24. Gunn79

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

I have not read all the issues relating to your water ingress, but did you also check your rear light clusters, especially the foam/rubber seal that seats the cluster - Reason being mine leaked in that area due to a flattened and damaged seal.
  25. Gunn79

Problem found

Am I missing something, or is that clearly a washing machine?? :lol: Good work tho :cool:
  26. Gunn79

Problem found

This stuff will also sort it, but use carefully!; http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=531396#post531396
  27. Gunn79

Wheel Cleaner - Test & Review

Finished off all 4 wheels this morning in the heavy rain. I only took some more pics of one of the wheels, and when back on the car. Same process as above, Autobrite Alloy Xtra left to soak for 2-3 minutes at 1-1 mix. I also used a tar spot remover to get rid of any traces of tar left. Wheel...
  28. Gunn79

Wheel Cleaner - Test & Review

I originally made this thread back in May 2008, but I think it was lost due to the forum crash. As there are a few topics relating to hard baked on dust etc... I thought I would re-create it; On my OE DC5 alloys, I felt they were letting the car down with the dirt on the inside face of the...
  29. Gunn79

My JRSC DC5

Haynes Motor Museum track??
  30. Gunn79

Best method for cleaning engine?

Or use Aerospace 303 if you want the Breitling touch!
  31. Gunn79

FN2 So the white FN2's have hit the show rooms now?

Is it actually CW?? Or another colour such as GP White?
  32. Gunn79

S2000 Turbo part 2

:cool: Good stuff.
  33. Gunn79

HELP - What exhaust have I just won (ebay)?

I am sure there was a company a while back, who took the N1, cut the original tailpipe of and fitted a larger diamater one for people who prefered the look of a larger tailpipe. Could be one of them.
  34. Gunn79

es mounts or torque damper?!

I had the ALEX replacement engine mounts in my old DC5 and they were awesome, lots of noise and vibration. You could hear the rear wing vibrating at traffic lights :lol: I think the new owner changed them within a month!
  35. Gunn79

My jdm dc2

My favourite car on TRO I think :cool: Would deffo be interested if it ever came up for sale....;):lol:
  36. Gunn79

FD2 FD2 from across the pond..

That does look very good :cool:
  37. Gunn79

Help!! Rear Camber Adjustment

www.tgmsports.co.uk will be able to supply you with a set of Eibach (SPC) rear adjustable camber arms. Alternatively, I think all the aftermarket camber arms are adjustable, so you may be able to get your existing set up aligned to a less aggressive setting. ideally you need to take it...
  38. Gunn79

My Black DC5

Glad to hear it mate :cool: I am in the process of making mine more OEM, just keepin the chassis and suspension upgrades. The car drives so nice with the OE exhaust etc... Even with the interior back in it makes it feel nicer :lol:
  39. Gunn79

eibachs

I had them on my old EP3 and my old DC2, very happy with them on both cars. Subtle drop, and the ride quality is still good, with improved stiffness when pushing it.
  40. Gunn79

Combi Discs DC5

My DC5 with the Endless pads all round is horrific for screaching noise! :lol:
  41. Gunn79

FN2 Hondata Group N ECU.

Sounds like a great bit of kit, and a great write up :cool:
  42. Gunn79

To Tenzo Type M or not to..

I love the Hokenheim style wheels :cool: Just not a fan of all the wheels coming out with the Time Attack look, with the red rim.
  43. Gunn79

Smaller (16") wheels?

UKDM & 98 Spec JDM has 5 stud. The JDM 96 Spec has 4 stud.
  44. Gunn79

My DC5 Integra Type R (Update Pg.3 13/04/08)

Its a December 2002 (52). Currently on about 26K miles. The house etc... is my folks. I keep all my cleaning gear there, as its an old farm, so plenty of storage. I live close by, nice and Devon style :lol: Cheers for the comments :cool: Just gotta get my Karched power washer fixed (again...
  45. Gunn79

13/04/08 - Small Update In between the rain and hail today, decided it was about time I removed the 'KPLANT' decals from under the wing mirrors, and the 'SPLINE' decal from above the exhaust tip. Warmed them slightly with a heat gun, and they thankfully came off without too much trouble. I...
  46. Gunn79

Smaller (16") wheels?

Chap on the DC5 forum managed to run 15's on his with the OE brakes. Think they were the old style Team Dynamic Pro Race.
  47. Gunn79

Anyone have a DC2?....

I heard Julian's (RareRims) DC2 with one of those fitted, I was stood near it when he revved it a few times. I can honestly say the sound and reverberations made me feel a little ill :lol: Stupidly loud. This is a good example of it old link autoupdated
  48. Gunn79

Jacking it up!

If you jack up the front sill, with the stiff chassis, the rear will be off the ground as well. This is providing you use a good trolley jack. That way you can swap both wheels on one side at a time.
  49. Gunn79

Buddy Club Pro Spec Help

I made a couple of card templates and took it along to my local ATS and got some - Cost me 50p each, but the guy didn't really know what to charge; Heres what I got;
  50. Gunn79

Availability of lowering springs for facelift dc5

The two types of Spoon springs are here, half way down; http://www.vtecdirect.com/online/cat--Suspension--DC5_Suspension.html Not sure which is which tho! I would give TGM a call, I would imagine Eibach also do a spring set for the facelift. http://www.tgmsports.co.uk/
  51. Gunn79

Availability of lowering springs for facelift dc5

Pretty sure Spoon do facelift lowering springs. You are correct that they are different to the pre-facelift.
  52. Gunn79

Very cool rims

The star designs are great :cool:
  53. Gunn79

S2000 & NSX Semi Mugen'd S2000

Man i want an S2K in that colour - Looking very nice :cool:
  54. Gunn79

Lightweight 17s -ideas

This may be helpful; http://www.wheelweights.net/
  55. Gunn79

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

Good stuff :cool: How much of the interior has gone back in?? Is the cage permanent, or would it be removeable come selling time?
  56. Gunn79

Rotas.....

Dont get the time attack colour IMO, they seem to be ending up on a lot of Corsa's, etc..
  57. Gunn79

Hello from across the pond!

Car looks amazingly clean, and very stealthy in black :cool: Is everyone in the US good at taking photos, most of the members pics on the US sites are really good :D
  58. Gunn79

replacement panel filter?

Redline magazine did a test with regards to replacement drop in filters. Testing showed that the OE Honda filter was just as good as the aftermarket ones, and in some cases better. I am sticking with the OE filter in my Hondata modded air box.
  59. Gunn79

Artech Tuning S2000 build up

Looking forward to following this build. Nice motor :cool:
  60. Gunn79

My car(s) are on ephatch

I have been whoring my DC5 on Club RSX for a while now. The language they use for the appreciation of a car is interesting! :lol:
  61. Gunn79

My CW DC5 (formerly spoon theme)

That sounds mental! :eek::cool:
  62. Gunn79

Up To Date Clean Pics Of My DC5 Teg

Its a Panasonic DMC-LX2 I had it set on auto, as I still need to learn how to use it properly. I also ran the pictures through Photoshop a bit.
  63. Gunn79

17" Work Emotion CR Kai ;)
  64. Gunn79

DC5 came apart a lot easier than the DC2, it took about 30 mins to strip the 5, very simple. I wont be removing as much as I did with the DC2 either. Its only the jack, spare wheel, boot and tailgate plastic trims.
  65. Gunn79

Not quite the same, but I gave my mate, his wife, his sister and her fiance a lift home from town the other night, 3 of them rolling around in the back. Best part is we had just been at a friend house, who is a copper, and the chap in my passenger seat is also a copper. They said it would be...
  66. Gunn79

Gave it a clean this morning, so thought I would get some current pics, including the new drivers harness fitted - Also gave me an excuse to try out using my new camera tripod; I need to get some more variation in my angles :lol::oops:
  67. Gunn79

A long old day. Millie was exhausted! Modded FN2

Car looks very nice with that colour combo. How did the old Yoko tyre end up like that?
  68. Gunn79

SharkyUK's CS Trophy (Updated 05Apr08)

:evil: Sorry to hear about the poor service. Twingo looks 'fun'! :lol:
  69. Gunn79

Suggestions on suspension

I had the Grp. N Bilsteins and GMC springs from www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk
  70. Gunn79

My new JRSC EP3 :D

Liking everything about your car, the colour combinations are superb :cool:
  71. Gunn79

NHB with white rims or bronze

All standard ride height - I never had the car lowered when I had those wheels.
  72. Gunn79

NHB with white rims or bronze

My old NHB EP3 with Broze Rota Torques;
  73. Gunn79

I bought this when drunk

You should be able to fit it, keeping the OE seatbelt in place as well. You wont need eye bolts for this harness.
  74. Gunn79

I bought this when drunk

TBH I wouldn't bother fitting it! Ifv you do fit it, it uses the OE mounting points for the rear belts, door side lower seat belt mount, and trans tunnel side belt plug. Just unbolt, and re-fit after you have pushed the bolt through the pre-drilled triangular bracket.
  75. Gunn79

My Black DC5

I nearly went for the Eibach's - Will be interesting to see what you think of them :cool:
  76. Gunn79

New Exhaust (pics) 28/02/08 UPDATE - FITTED

Bit off topic, but here you go. This is my place (barn conversion), in front of my old Integra; This is the view from my lounge window; The view down the road; My folks place in the background, with my old CTR parked on the lawn :lol: Garage with my old Teg; Front of folks house;
  77. Gunn79

I cant claim the garage as mine, basically I live in a barn conversion just down from my folks who live in the main farmhouse - I keep my car and bits in the garage. A bit embarassing living that close to my folks, but with the rediculous house prices where I am, its the only option for me if I...
  78. Gunn79

;) I cant be having a pink motah!! Double garage is very useful, just need to tidy some of the crap out of it :lol:
  79. Gunn79

The originl photo was very yellow, and the pink is a result of poor photoshop skills! :lol:
  80. Gunn79

Had the exhaust fitted today. Sounds nice - Not as loud as I thought it may have been (which is a good thing!), but I am comparing it to my old DC2 which was fully stripped ou and had a 4-1 manifold, sport cat and Spoon system, which was loud! Trying to remember back to my old EP3 CTR, I had...
  81. Gunn79

Curbed one of my wheels on Saturday

I managed to put a few marks on my passenger side alloy today - To make it worse it was the same kerb that I mocked my old GF about when she kerbed her wheels :lol:
  82. Gunn79

Spoon Lowered Seat Rails Fitted (pics)

For me, changing from a DC2 to a DC5, the DC5 seating position felt a little high, so its more of a positional benefit for myslef. You could argue the Spoon rails are also lighter, and offer a lower center of gravity :lol:
  83. Gunn79

Impressive OEM Bracing

Whilst fitting my Spoon seat rails this evening, I was having a nose around under the carpet, behind where the fronts seats are. Was impressed to find this chunky bit of bracing spaning the width of the car; Nothing like this on my old DC2 - Also shows that you dont need one of those B pillar...
  84. Gunn79

Spoon Lowered Seat Rails Fitted (pics)

Received some drivers and passengers Spoon lowered seat rails today, s/h from another forum member, so fitted them this evening; Passenger Side Only Fitted; Both Sides Fitted; These rails lower the seat by approx. 5cm - Unfortunately its hard to tell this from the pictures, but is...
  85. Gunn79

Tanabe underbrace - saved my life

There is a chap on the DC5 forum selling the Carbing 6 point underbody brace for £180, new and unused, ordered from Bazza ;)
  86. Gunn79

My DC2

Looks a lovely example :cool:
  87. Gunn79

Small update to where my DC5 stands now; - In January I visited TGM and had front and rear camber adjusters fitted and a fast road set up, along with an oil change - Great service from Tom and the team as always. - At the end of January I had my 25,000 mile service, carried out by Rowes Honda...
  88. Gunn79

I usually put 1 pump of Hyperwash, and fill to about 2cm with the snow foam. Probably a bit of overkill with the Hyperwash due to its dilution rate, but I generally foam the car twice, using the lance at quite a high setting. I will have to update this soon, as I have been buying a few bits...
  89. Gunn79

Might take you up on that if you collect ;) - Will be deciding next week whether or not to fit it.
  90. Gunn79

My cabin noise with stock exhaust is probably louder than most with an aftermarket one, The NVH transfer to the cabin from the Alex engine mounts is incredible! Will be interesting to see what its like with the exhaust on, let alone a stripped interior. I will have to see if the DC5 comes apart...
  91. Gunn79

Cheers Dynax - Will probably get it fitted next week some time. I do like my quiet stock exhaust tho! :oops:
  92. Gunn79

Carbing Rear Upper 4 Point Strut Brace Fitted (pics)

I received my Carbing rear upper 4 point strut brace last week, and got round to fitting it this morning. Its the steel version, finished in white; It was not quite as straight forward as I hoped. Once strut top nuts were removed, and the OE brace was off, with the various wires and cables...
  93. Gunn79

UPDATE: Have 'refurbed' the exhaust this weekend. I cleaned up all the rusty areas and flanges with a wire wheel on a powerdrill. Then treated the exposed areas with anti-rust, and left to dry. Following day I keyed the existing powdercoated finish, and washed it down with some Meg's APC. Once...
  94. Gunn79

New Toy

Some very nice mods :cool: Great transformation on the cleaning :D
  95. Gunn79

lowering and camber!

I have just had my Bilstein coilovers replaced with AST's at Powerstaion. The Bilsteins were on the car when I bought it, and were a very hard ride. Curtis at Powerstation reckons the spring rates on the Bilsteins were twice that of the ones for the AST's he matched to my road set up :eek: I...
  96. Gunn79

Also what gaskets will I need for fitting - I presume you can use an OEM one where the b pipe joins the CAT, and does the DC5 use a donut gasket between the b pipe and back box?
  97. Gunn79

After a bit more Googling, seems the system has powdercoated mild steel pipework, with a stainless steel back box. Think I will tidy up the surface corrosion around the flanges, and give the pipework a fresh coat of black VHT paint before fitting.
  98. Gunn79

I have just picked up this CAT back exhaust from a fellow DC5 owner in Devon. It was on his car when he bought it from Torque Imports, and he was selling it due to changing to a DC Sports system. As you can see from the pics I took tonight below, the exhaust is in great condition, with only...
  99. Gunn79

DC2 DB8 DC5 vibrating dash/drivers window

What sort of condition are your engine mounts in? May be a case that one or more is a bit tired. Is there any sign of movement under the bonnet with the engine running etc...?
  100. Gunn79

DC2 DB8 DC5 vibrating dash/drivers window

Have you got uprated engine mounts?
Back